Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Aflac firing Glibert Gottfried
Justified 88 77.19%
Unjustified 26 22.81%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLMissSunshine View Post
I just bought a ticket to the roast. I was wondering how it all works. Do I just have to give them my name at the door to get in? I'd really appreciate if someon could please let me kno. This is going to be my first live event.
I think I recall Chemda saying that all you have to do is print your receipt and bring it to the door.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
I think I recall Chemda saying that all you have to do is print your receipt and bring it to the door.

Correct.

Also, everyone should bring I.D.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

ECNY Awards

How I understood how voting worked, with 50% from the online poll and 50% from judges.

Let's say 5000 people voted online, each person's vote would count for 0.01%of the final count, while if there are 10 judges, each judge's vote counts for 5% of the final count, making, in this particular case, each judge's vote worth the same as 500 online votes.

But the number of judges is going to stay the same, while the more people that vote online will keep going up as the voting goes on, making each online vote worth comparitively less to each judge's. I don't have any clue about the number of judges, but I'm sure the number of online voters is way more then 5000.

If we assume that the judges are a close-knit group that could get together and say "Let's give it to Bob this year" the online voting would be meaningless, they would only need 1 online vote to give that person the majority.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristokat View Post
A few things that have crept into my vocabulary:

-how dare!
-"roon" instead of ruin
-Can you imagine?
-babillion
-yoink!
-"Wha happa?" instead of what happened?
-totes inappropes
-fuck yeah suck yeah
Old 03-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Old 03-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Though I disagree with Keith in his argument about the "gay voice" I do love to hear his "gay voice" - it's hilarity... can it be the new Samantha?
Old 03-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

i'm torn when it comes to this poll as the way it's worded. i tweeted my fair share of tsunami jokes.

also, the funniest one i've heard was,
"well, what can i say?"
"pearl harbor."

Last edited by FletchLives; 03-16-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

Getting caught by boyfriend's best friend

I totally had a guilty look on my face. I was also all sweaty and there was a buzzing noise (from the toy - go Adam & Eve!). Even worse - I had the computer on my lap with my hands under the covers. It was super obvious.

No question that he TOTALLY should have knocked or said something before coming into a closed bedroom - I think he learned that lesson.

My boyfriend's friend is totally the kind of guy that would laugh about the whole situation and just give me shit about it later and I knew that; but right after the actual event it was a little awkward between he and I. I didn't have a problem joking about the situation but I knew my boyfriend would be the best person to break the ice. His friend may have even had some primal guy thing that made him wonder if he just broke some guy friend code - so best just to ignore it. Weird as it sounds we actually still joke about it sometimes.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i reccomend louie's cd wholeheartedly. the man's dirty and clever.

some jokes there are CLASSIC

"hippies love to play didjeridoo because thats as close as they get to sucking a tree's dick"

GE-NI-US.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -John- View Post
I thought the poll would be is the ECNY awards bullshit? yes or yes
Why can it not be just that that isn't Keith and the Girl's world? We vote for their things and got used to that being enough. But these people have their own group of people and we got in on this kind of late. A lot of those people, whether you know their names or not, are at least slightly famous too. Not just Kristen Schaal.

Plus, would you want an award from people who thought that girl's electricity song is funnier than anything Ben Lerman ever did?