Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Whose fault was it?
The Situation 115 83.94%
The Writers 22 16.06%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

This was a great episode. "We're Different" is stiff competition for the Doctor Song.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
PS: i would do it at a myq/micah show though. they rock! (and they have cool singin voices)
thanks!
also, sorry to have quoted you here in such a way that people can't tell WHAT you would do at our show.
i'll never tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
God, Myq and Micah need to be on weekly, if not more.
and you need to be thanked more, if not more. thanks and thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Your keyboard to God's iPad.
e-men.
(electronic amen? looks too much like most of the word semen? sorry! but mostly thank you also!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poingjam View Post
This was a great episode. "We're Different" is stiff competition for the Doctor Song.
fight! fight! fight!
who will win?
us? or us?
two men enter. same two men leave. after playing two different songs.
(or one different song, one doctor song.)

thanks again everyone. you're the best at being the best.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #23 (permalink)

There are definitely effeminate straight men out there, and they tend to get more shit than gay men because to a lot of people's logic, at least gay men "have a reason" for talking like a girl.

When I was younger, I affected a deeper voice than I actually have. It seems like the older I get the more I accept that I sound like this and the less inclined I am to make the effort to have the voice I wish I had.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Myq and Micah

Please please please make an album of your songs - both played on the show were highlarious - loled all over the place.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerchick View Post
Please please please make an album of your songs - both played on the show were highlarious - loled all over the place.
thanks! we will do it as soon as possible. hope the cleanup wasn't too difficult with all that loling everywhere.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #26 (permalink)

I like when you guys have Larry the Cucumber on your show
Old 03-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

I've always thought it was pretty cool of Myq to jump on the forums to respond to the people responding to the show he was on, but now that he keeps pretending to be a robot, I've begun to wonder if he doesn't have built in WiFi, and it's all kind of effortless for him.

But my real question is, Myq, has Keith ever 'accidentally' sprayed you with Windex, while supposedly cleaning something?

What's more disturbing about the 'gay lisp' thing, is that in parts of the deeper South and Deepest, Darkest Upstate NY, ALL men talk like that. Seriously. I've pulled into some one stop sign towns (Ha! traffic lights) to get gas, go in to pay and get some coffee, and the locals, while the most skeezy, malnourished, oil stained wretches, stood around and chatted like they were on Christopher St. The only real difference, I think, is the fashion 'sense'.

Most gay men I know speak rather conventionally. Roll their eyes at the 'first year lispers'. (The lesbian first year side manages to tell everyone they are lesbians in each paragraph: eg "I was going to the store to pick up milk and I noticed they had Necco Waffers, so I bought them for my girlfriend, not just girl who is a friend, we're lesbians, because I know she likes them.")

But they're not the only group that does this. There were quite a few Caribbean students I went to school with who would speak one way with their friends and another in class (and no, they weren't speaking Creole, just the accent). And there are African Americans who switch between vernacular and blacknacular depending on whether they are in the office or the neighborhood (or wearing hoodies and scaring Keith).

In the end, I think it's a mix. There are a lot of people who can switch it on and off, and there are a lot of people who are just 'always on'.

Keith's girlfriend's brogue comes from learning English around people who learned English as a second language hundreds of years ago.

Ah, hell, this is a linguistics discussion, as it was on the show. Why Myq didn't pull the degree card, who knows?
Old 03-19-2011, 05:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

oh petek, you always manage to crack me up even in the darkest times
Old 03-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #29 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
I've always thought it was pretty cool of Myq to jump on the forums to respond to the people responding to the show he was on, but now that he keeps pretending to be a robot, I've begun to wonder if he doesn't have built in WiFi, and it's all kind of effortless for him.

But my real question is, Myq, has Keith ever 'accidentally' sprayed you with Windex, while supposedly cleaning something?

Why Myq didn't pull the degree card, who knows?
in reverse order, answers to your questions/statements:

1) i do have the degree, but no specific knowledge of any research on the gay accent, per se. if that doesn't matter, than i gladly pull rank and determine that my speculation is correct.

2) i've never seen keith clean anything.

3) thanks! i am a very complicated machine, much like the human brain, such that i even seem to have emotions. i'm not just going through the e-motions.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #30 (permalink)

Extrapolating Keith.

If you extrapolated keith onto a globe, he would be unable to find his own asshole.

Listen I love Keith, but why keep up this this ignorant douche persona with the whole globe thing?

Because you are born in a certain part of a planet you are a savage?

Really?

Last edited by MrBigDeal; 03-19-2011 at 10:42 AM.