Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Was B. Jason on the up and up?
Yes, he was completely innocent. 50 34.48%
No, he was sneaking a peek. 95 65.52%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #31 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
It seems to me that if Keith trusted B. Jason enough to give him the marathon audio and give him the password to his dropbox, than he should also trust him enough to give him the benefit of the doubt.
After what happened with Jeremy I would disagree.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #32 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
After what happened with Jeremy I would disagree.
i hate to be saying this, but thats what i thought too. and i'm not saying jason is like jeremy. just that waht happened probably affected keith's trust, so thats why this could be a difficult thing to deal with.

this is also why id rather stay a listener, and support the show in an indirect way and not get involved personally.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

I thought of Jeremy too, but when Keith bitched him out for blabbing about the break up, he mentioned a laundry list of things Jeremy did that bothered him. Things that would/should have tipped him off that they should probably not be friends. Although he did say that Jason is lacking in social graces, he didn't have the same list--maybe that's only because he's not gotten to the point of completely writing this one off, whereas with Jeremy he was clearly at the end of his rope.

I guess what it comes down to is instinct. It seemed to me like Jeremy rubbed Keith the wrong way from the start, and that he ignored that feeling because there was no concrete evidence against the guy. So is this another case of Keith ignoring his instincts, or is he paranoid because of the Jeremy situation?
Old 04-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Look.

Keith is absolutely right to feel the way he feels, but I don't need an armchair diagnosis of some nebulous spectral disorder to "give [me] an out." I did what I did, and can no more change his instincts or "paranoia" (an unfair description I think - sorry, Marina) than I can change how this all went down in the first place. If he needs to think of me as mentally challenged to get beyond this, then I'd just as soon say "No thanks, it's been fun" and move on.

Most of our friendships develop organically and gradually, through casual interaction. Keith has many of that type, sure, but he also has a substantial number of friends acquired through the show. I think Keith is in a weird position where he has to assess everyone a bit differently than most of us... figure out who are the real friends and who are the sycophants, the leeches or the otherwise nefarious. We all do this to some extent, but I feel Keith and Chemda's fame cranks up the stakes. I mean, fer chrissakes, I met Keith at show 385 in Boston and practically thrust myself into his orbit; who the fuck am I?

No, we don't hang out on a regular basis, but I like to visit New York City as often as I can, and I'll always set aside some time for Keith and Chemda. They are genuinely good people; fun, kind, generous and all that ass-licking shit. They quite literally thrive on amazing conversation, and that does not end just because the microphones are off. In February 2008, turning 34, with my marriage beginning to quickly disintegrate, I took a break from one of the lowest points of my life and visited Keith and Chemda. They took me out for my birthday and gave me a weekend that I will always hold dear in my heart. They came out to NH to see me sing the following year, and the year after that we went camping. That's why this is bumming me out so much.

While the benefit of the doubt would be great, nothing will ever remove the stain of what happened, that little twinge of doubt. I guess I'm suspect now, and I don't really know how to proceed from this point forward. No, I wasn't nosing around for beaver shots. No, I don't have designs on Keith's old lady. No, I didn't throw my toothbrush in with the items so sensual I can't even mention them in this post. But people will believe what they will and I can't change that either.

I'm sure it's made great radio. Keith wouldn't have made it such a large part of these episodes if he didn't think the audience at large would get some prurient pleasure from the intrigue of it all. For that, I'm glad I could be of service. I just hope I can get back to palling around from time to time once the mics are off.

"Despair's an octopus with its head in New Hampshire, and tentacles everywhere." - Mishka Shubaly

Last edited by panicBoy; 04-02-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #35 (permalink)

yay! keet mentioned my post! ^__^
Old 04-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #36 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Not just a cute song lyrically, but really nice work on the melody too.

I also liked Chemda and Lauren's song.