Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who let the dogs out?
Lucas 53 68.83%
Julio 24 31.17%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2011, 12:49 AM   #31 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

I agree that Julio sounded like Michael Khalili on the podcast for some reason, but I don't think they sound much alike in person.

And Julio rocks. Very good guy, and because of him, I didn't have to deal with the soundproofing foam or clean up the merch room or tag the Youtube videos or any of that mess on my own (or at all in some cases). Yay for Julio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky Jess Jess View Post
I don't see how you personally could possibly know this to be fact.
He knows because he was in the room. He's Julio. From New York.

Last edited by poingjam; 05-07-2011 at 12:52 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
EVEN IF Lauren felt like Keith, Pat, or ANY guy had an opinion on a break-up: are they not allowed to speak their minds?

At no point did Chemda ever even imply that they were not allowed to speak their minds. In fact, the conversation went on for several minutes, giving them both ample time to speak their minds.

Now, does Chemda not have the right to react to their opinion? Because that's what it sounds like you're saying. Freedom of expression does not equal freedom from criticism. The person listening to what you're saying has an equal right to speak their own mind about what you just said.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliofromny View Post
It wasn't tense at all and Chemda wasn't trying to "create radio". She sincerely doesn't get the concept that Pat, Keith and Dan was trying to convey about the male ego and how they think about their former "rivals". That's why she was asking the questions for them to elaborate. It doesn't help that Keith says he isn't trying to say Lauren isn't a man but she doesn't think like one (that statement in itself can sound confusing because if she is a man then she should think like one otherwise you're saying she isn't a man)

Also, Keith and Dan weren't feeling awkward trying to explain it. They were just explaining it as best as they could. But no one in the room was feeling uncomfortable as this was going on.
I get it now. Thank you for correcting me. I have no idea why that conversation came off as odd or uncomfortable. Cheers.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #34 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I get it now. Thank you for correcting me. I have no idea why that conversation came off as odd or uncomfortable. Cheers.
No problem at all. I can see how one would think it was getting uncomfortable. There was an intensity to the conversation and voices were raised (that happens when you get intense and passionate about a conversation, especially when Dan was conveying his analogies. Man were they good). But there wasn't any screaming or ire raised during this topic. Everyone was pretty relaxed (as relaxed as you can be when having an intense conversation)
Old 05-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #35 (permalink)

The Itunes error comes once in a blue moon and all you have to do is resubscribe and it should come up just fine"In least it did for me this morning."
Old 05-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda's reaction was understandable (chicks love drama). But not Lauren. If somebody said I wasn't a real man, I wouldn't go home crying to anybody.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:48 AM   #37 (permalink)

Julio doesn't sound like Michael, he sounds like his April 15th audition, which is probably in the back of all your minds, but he sounded so different in that audition it sounds like two completely different people with similar accents.

I can't really understand why Chemda is having a problem with what Keith has been saying. It's been crystal clear to me since he started saying it. As a man, I want to be the best at what I am. When another man is screwing a chick I used to be with, just looking at his stupid face says, "Ha ha, you're not the best." When man in a woman's body is screwing that same chick, they're like a different weight class. Of course I'm not the best man in a woman's body, I never could be. Thus my ego is intact.

What hurts our pride is when we square off against someone with an equal starting position and lose; if I was the best at what I am, I wouldn't lose a fair fight. Bringing boobs to a manfight is like taking a nuke to a gunfight. The further someone is dissimilar to me, the better it feels.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 05-08-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #38 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
I can't really understand why Chemda is having a problem with what Keith has been saying. It's been crystal clear to me since he started saying it. As a man, I want to be the best at what I am. When another man is screwing a chick I used to be with, just looking at his stupid face says, "Ha ha, you're not the best." When man in a woman's body is screwing that same chick, they're like a different weight class. Of course I'm not the best man in a woman's body, I never could be. Thus my ego is intact.
Yeah, i agree, but i think that she doesnt get it and seems to misundersatand it as a dismissing her relationship with Lauren, or refusing to understand how Lauren is a man and not a woman.

Personally i thought waht keith was saying was clkear and got even clearer when Dan added his take. The male ego is linear, aggressive, competitive and dumb. I also did not get if Chemda really doesnt understand the issue or is just defensive towards her own relationship and refuses all sort of explanation.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #39 (permalink)

I think maybe there was too much guy-bashing in relation to this; as anyone who likes guys should know, they're territorial, competitive, and proud. Those aren't bad things, it's just how guys are. Keith, Dan, and Pat all navigated the conversation incredibly well and clearly and Chemda still didn't get it, which makes it seem like she's just assuming things of Keith and not actually listening.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #40 (permalink)

I've tried unsubscribing and then resubscribing, but I still get the grey "!" symbol next to the feed. I tried downloading the episodes manually, but it created a second Keith and the Girl entry in iTunes.

The instructions for how to edit the URL in iTunes haven't been updated since iTunes 9 (thanks, Apple).

Anyone have any other ideas?