Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should child beauty pageants stay legal?
Yes 13 10.92%
No 106 89.08%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
oh typo humour. hilarious.

and yeah, i would gladly have limitations to freedom of speech if that meant getting rid of hate groups.
It's extra funny because I put it in parenthesis.

I'm gonna side-step the whole argument of how you would accomplish this, but I am honestly curious for you to fix your first post. I get the gest, obviously, which part is a typo?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post

I'm gonna side-step the whole argument of how you would accomplish this, but I am honestly curious for you to fix your first post. I get the gest, obviously, which part is a typo?

*gist

Old 05-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
*gist

back atcha sweetheart

Oh wait, is that wrong, am I suppose to make a passive-agressive remark instead cause somebody caught that I misspelled something
Old 05-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post

"top part of my freedom" meant "to part of my freedom". happens when i type all in one fast streak.

i just mean that if freedom of speech allows the Klan to exist, i would gladly vote for the law to be changed. same for child beauty pageants. its a form of exploitations of kids. to put it in simpler terms : id rather have a less free society but where theres less tolerance towards wrong doings, than one where wrong stuff is tolerated in the name of "freedom"
Old 05-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #25 (permalink)

Legally, there is a little more leeway in passing laws to limit the behavior of children, because they are not of age to make informed consent. For instance, parents cannot refuse medical treatment for their children based on religious belief, and in a recent case parents who let their daughter die of diabetes because they wanted to "pray it away" were criminally charged with her death. Children cannot enter into legal contracts, consent to sex, etc. I could see a law saying that minors can not participate in certain events that lend themselves to exploitation. We already have all kinds of labor laws about children working in the entertainment industry, and anti-pageant laws could just branch off from there.

*Note: my legal knowledge largely comes from television and should not be taken as real legal advice.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Really love Kurt, hope he's back soon
Old 05-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
"top part of my freedom" meant "to part of my freedom". happens when i type all in one fast streak.

i just mean that if freedom of speech allows the Klan to exist, i would gladly vote for the law to be changed. same for child beauty pageants. its a form of exploitations of kids. to put it in simpler terms : id rather have a less free society but where theres less tolerance towards wrong doings, than one where wrong stuff is tolerated in the name of "freedom"
the laws that protect the Klan are the same ones that protect pro-choice, gay rights, and euthanasia groups. in order to ban the Klan we have to say "it is ok to deny free speech to groups which promote violent and socially degrading behavior" and that sets a precedent that would be used in order to silence other "more noble" causes. in the same way in order to ban pagents we have to say "it is ok to disallow organized competition between kids that create the potential for child abuse" and that sets a precedent that can be used to ban childhood ski jumping, cross country and downhill ski racing, track and field, tennis, spelling bees, and other such activities.

if we could ban pageants and the Klan with out sacrificing our freedoms i would be all for it but i do not think it is worth the sacrifice to do so when their baning doesn't solve the problems of racism or child abuse but only eases them.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Really love Kurt, hope he's back soon
Seconded. Kurt was great.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #29 (permalink)

This definitely was a great episode. A lot of fun to listen to.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merodax View Post
So let me get this straight, child services takes Michael Corino's kids away for a month for swearing in front of them in a podcast, but this lady doesn't get her child taken away forever for injecting what is essentially poison into her kids face?

Also I hate to burst your bubble about ruining endings of movies for nerds Keith, but most nerds I know can't help but read every scrap of info on a movie on the web before seeing it. Most of them know the movie by heart before they even step foot into the theatre. Maybe the gamestop nerd was a rare exception, since he seemed to be affected by what you said.
Looks like the mom is being investigated: Mom who injects daughter with Botox under investigation : The Mommy Files