Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Bridesmaids
Thumbs up 34 19.54%
Thumbs down 7 4.02%
I didn’t see it 133 76.44%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2011, 02:05 AM   #21 (permalink)

On Vinyl: I never noticed much difference personally, but it's possible I have a tin ear. The folks that are into listening to records tend to be so passionate about it that I'm willing to just take their word for it. Fucking around with records versus the ease of mp3s or FLACs has always seemed like just a little bit too much of a to-do for me. Plus, records are damned difficult to take to the gym.

On Crusts: Eat them, especially if there's something tasty at hand to dip them in! (I do think I'll be calling them handles from now on, though)

On Brolo's Asshole: Dude, fiber! You gotta crank up the fiber! It ain't just for old folks, honest - even just an apple or two or switching to whole grain / high fiber bread can make a difference in a hurry. Likewise, dialing back any dairy or other fatty food is also highly beneficial for one's shitting. I'd hate to hear about your asshole popping out, Brolo (even if the telling of the story itself would surely be hilarious) - take some reading material to the throne and let your dumps come on their own.

Or, too put it in Broloese: "If you're pushing your shits you're just dropping a dime." or "If you're rushing your dumps you'll pop out your junk."

Or something. Damn, Brolo phrases are harder to coin than they seem.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:18 AM   #22 (permalink)

Loved Bridesmaids.
I thought just about every line Melissa McCarthy made me giggle.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #23 (permalink)

Only vinyl I ever bought was Mercyful Fate's Don't Break the Oath, because I couldn't find a hi-res file of the cover, so I bought the vinyl, scanned it like 8 times with a shitty scanner, sewed the pieces together in Photoshop, then made a 4 ft poster from the file, which is what I wanted in the first place.

Fuck vinyl. The only people I've ever met who tell me how great it is have been either 1) pretentious pricks, or 2) dipshits who think a 128kbps MP3 file is the apex of digital audio.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatTheWeak View Post
Dude, fiber! You gotta crank up the fiber! It ain't just for old folks, honest
Does this mean the weak are high in fiber?
Old 06-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #25 (permalink)

Vinyl

Ethan, Swiggy, Junk - Sorry guys. Vinyl is just not better sound quality-wise.

"there is no technical proof of the sonic superiority of the vinyl medium compared to CD. One vinyl record may sound better than its equivalent CD for extremely specific reasons. That does not mean the medium as a whole is superior.

Many people do prefer listening to music to vinyl rather than on CD or digital formats. Many of those reasons have nothing to do with actual sound quality, and have more to do with the tactile characteristics of vinyl - its "feel" - like larger artwork and its required playback ritual. Others prefer listening to CDs for a different set of reasons. There is nothing wrong with preferring vinyl to CDs, as long as the preference is honestly stated on emotional terms, or is precisely quantified and tied to subjective experience, and not obscured with (fallacious) technical appeals."

On the issue of higher frequency range of vinyl:

"The recording/tracking ability of vinyl is easily at least 50 kHz and perhaps as high as 100 kHz. The most notably proof of this is the CD4 quadraphonic system which relied on a 45 kHz bandwidth to be accurately reproduced. That said, the high-frequency response accuracy of vinyl varies tremendously. Frequency deviations of 5-10 dB or greater are not uncommon in the 20 kHz range for many records.

Playback of ultrasound frequencies is still not guaranteed. Many MM cartridges have resonant peaks defined by the preamp loading, or stylus tip resonances defined by the cantilever, that attenuate high-frequency content.

When groove wear does occur, it occurs much faster at high frequencies than at low frequencies. For modern styli this is not as much of a concern, though.

Finally, on top of all of these issues, there is simply no scientific evidence that frequencies beyond the 22 kHz limit of CD audio are audible to any known group of people. There is no evidence that reconstruction and anti-aliasing issues are audible."

Information comes from the HydrogenAudio wiki
Old 06-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

yeah, whatever, i still like hearing good music on vinyl better, i guess the difference is in my head, but i like it more.

not referring to you, skeetshart, but im convinced that if i just say "i like listening to vinyl" and someone tells me "no you're wrong and you're an idiot", theyre the pretentious nerd cunts who enjoy spoiling my fun and not the other way

Last edited by Junkenstein; 06-25-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #27 (permalink)

Of course it's everyone's individual prerogative to say what media they like to use. I just don't buy into the technical, objective arguments for vinyl.

Also, I went to JFOD's show in Denver last night where he was headlining the Gr@wlix. He got into a little bit of trouble on his last bit (as in, management was basically yelling at him and he had to end before he even really started "God's plan"). The whole situation wasn't helped by the commenting on the poor format of the show when he got up on stage. Even though it's seems painfully embarrassing, I hope the next time JFOD is on KatG they talk to him about this event. The entire show was pretty awesome excepting that.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetshart69 View Post
Of course it's everyone's individual prerogative to say what media they like to use. I just don't buy into the technical, objective arguments for vinyl.

Also, I went to JFOD's show in Denver last night where he was headlining the Gr@wlix. He got into a little bit of trouble on his last bit (as in, management was basically yelling at him and he had to end before he even really started "God's plan"). The whole situation wasn't helped by the commenting on the poor format of the show when he got up on stage. Even though it's seems painfully embarrassing, I hope the next time JFOD is on KatG they talk to him about this event. The entire show was pretty awesome excepting that.
FUUUUUUCK! I haven't been able to find good comedy in Denver in forever! How did I miss this?!?! I'm a dumbass.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poingjam View Post
Does this mean the weak are high in fiber?
Indeed they are, and delicious. They are the secret of my excellent shits.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
yeah, whatever, i still like hearing good music on vinyl better, i guess the difference is in my head, but i like it more.

not referring to you, skeetshart, but im convinced that if i just say "i like listening to vinyl" and someone tells me "no you're wrong and you're an idiot", theyre the pretentious nerd cunts who enjoy spoiling my fun and not the other way
You say "I like listening to vinyl", not "I think vinyl sounds better"? Because I've never known anyone to respond like that to the former.