Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: STRAIGHT MEN ONLY: Have you ever had any circle jerks or the like with your friends?
Yes 16 9.82%
No 147 90.18%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree3Likes

Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #61 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I completely understand where Robert Kelly is coming from. It's his conclusions that are fucked up. He has a warped view of the cosmos that has jaded him from the world.

I don't only mean this, but loving someone, but not being able to share pleasure because that might put them in a bad light? Wow, that's one fucked up head (probably two, actually).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #62 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
You don't think they're just more likely to have trained themselves not to laugh at other people? I suppose that is just a symptom of your root cause.
No, I think they've heard it all and it gets to a point where things aren't laugh out loud funny anymore.

He chuckled at Keith a couple times for sure, but if you surround yourself with other comedians, you do get desensitized.

I'm a photographer and will flip through amazing photography picking out the mistakes. Or I'll see this really cool image but immediately think "eh, seen that before" and it loses it's impact.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
silliness aside, after reading a seriesd of interviews to comedians, i think theyre just more sad and miserable people. they dont seem to be guys (or ladies) who rarely laugh at anything.
I'm trying to figure the guy out. He sounds like a calm John F O'Donnell and you could hear little jokes sprinkled throughout the story "not until I got sober at 15". Still trying to decide if this guy was totally on the level. He said, "I love my wife" way too much as well.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #64 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
... you could hear little jokes sprinkled throughout the story "not until I got sober at 15".
That wasn't a joke.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagzy View Post
My dad kept putting me down all the way until just a few years ago when i just couldn't take it and I said "fuck it" yelled back at him. Now we have a sort of truce/compromise where we only speak when we absolutely have to.
When I was 16 I told my dad, "If you hit me again, I'll hit you right back" and the physical abused stopped immediately.

I've read that it takes 3 generations to break the abuse loop.

You get hard core abused. You vow you will never abuse your children the way your dad abused you. You end up marrying someone similar to your dad because that is what you know. Your husband abuses your kids and you are kindof dismissive but try to shield your children. Your children see how fucked up things are and vow to never abuse their children. That last generation is when it sinks in and if the person is very diligent, they break the cycle.

I'm in that third generation. I married a man completely the opposite of my dad who is sweet and kind and gentle and a fabulous father. When I feel my rage build up and recognize some of my traits as my dad's, I shut down and keep it in. That will always be with me, but I will NOT pass it on to my kids. It will stop with me.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
That wasn't a joke.
when he said it with no backstory and paused a bit, it sounded like it was. Sorry to doubt.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #67 (permalink)

Kudo Keith and Chemda!

Like old school musicians, you know how to play the spaces as well as the notes. You kept quiet and let Robert spill himself out and you didn't talk over him, but you gently pushed him along, asking the right questions at the right time to keep him going. I was glued to my speakers most of this show.

Excellent interviewing!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #68 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
When I was 16 I told my dad, "If you hit me again, I'll hit you right back" and the physical abused stopped immediately.

I've read that it takes 3 generations to break the abuse loop.

You get hard core abused. You vow you will never abuse your children the way your dad abused you. You end up marrying someone similar to your dad because that is what you know. Your husband abuses your kids and you are kindof dismissive but try to shield your children. Your children see how fucked up things are and vow to never abuse their children. That last generation is when it sinks in and if the person is very diligent, they break the cycle.

I'm in that third generation. I married a man completely the opposite of my dad who is sweet and kind and gentle and a fabulous father. When I feel my rage build up and recognize some of my traits as my dad's, I shut down and keep it in. That will always be with me, but I will NOT pass it on to my kids. It will stop with me.
Sounds like a lot of "ifs".... Keeping in the rage works for a lot of ppl... its those ones that express it all of the time you need to worry about...
Old 07-06-2011, 01:46 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefusingYouLiquor View Post
Sounds like a lot of "ifs".... Keeping in the rage works for a lot of ppl... its those ones that express it all of the time you need to worry about...
until the one that keeps it in explodes...there has to be some outlet
Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #70 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Apart from surface stuff like similarities in accent Robert's not like JFOD.

Robert has a lot of opinions which, right or wrong, he's thought about a lot.

JFOD is smart but 98% of the time when he opens his mouth he's not thinking at all.