Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do Kelly and Lindsey make out with each other in the video below?
Yes 33 20.75%
No 126 79.25%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

bad days happen to everyone
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I don't think there was even lip touching in that video. Can you edit the poll to display the voter names?

NASA's not going anywhere, they're just retiring the shuttle because it's old technology that's less efficient than rockets. I think NASA has been much more fruitful than some other bloated government programs, like welfare. And I'm sure the poor people in america are polluting and increasing oil prices a lot more than a single space shuttle. If we just took the welfare money and put it into NASA, we'd be a lot greener and could have cooler stuff.

There was a guy on NPR talking about how much of NASA technologies that are developed for space travel/exploration actually help every day science. Improvement in reading mammograms and ultrasounds, smoke detectors, tang...all came from NASA technology.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post

they look more like they're fighting.
tongue sword fighting
Old 07-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
tongue sword fighting
with no visible tongues, though.

nuh-huh.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

In regards to Chemda asking about deaths...

I knew a family (not super well but well enough) that had their little 8 month old daughter die on Thanksgiving Day. She fell into the dog's water dish and couldn't get out and drowned. I still worry about any kids and water.

I also drove over the Minneapolis 35W bridge about an hour before it collapsed. There were a pregnant mom and her 2 toddlers that fell off the bridge and drowned. When the new bridge was built and I drove over it for the first time I had my three babies in the car and I had a panic attack so bad I almost had to pull over. My heart fluttered so fast I couldn't catch my breath.

When it comes to my kids, I have terrible nightmares at least twice a week that wake me up in tears. Images of my son's hand slipping away from mine as he is pulled away down a river or something along those lines. I can't get rid of the vivid images in my head.

A few years ago I was very good friends with a guy that died in his hot tub. He had been very overweight in the past but had just lost over 50 pounds and was really getting his body in shape. In the morning he had a heart attack and couldn't get out of the hot tub and drowned. His 12 year old son (I was very close to him as a mentor) found him and tried to pull him out. The son thought it was his fault the dad died. I was one of the people that helped put the funeral together and sobbed uncontrolably during the funeral. To see the wife and her two little boys sitting through that funeral so stoic and strong just broke me...I'm getting teary just writing this.

What that funeral did teach me was how to deal with people who just went through a horrible tragedy. Sobbing loudly helps no one. In fact, I think I scare people a bit with how calm I am now when something bad happens.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #26 (permalink)

More freedom in New Hampshire. Planned Parenthood can no longer dispense birth control in the state.

Centers stop dispensing birth control | Concord Monitor
Old 07-11-2011, 03:39 AM   #27 (permalink)

Kelly and Lindsey did NOT kiss. NOT pleased. /shlurp
Old 07-11-2011, 08:14 AM   #28 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
More freedom in New Hampshire.
comment page link, interesting . .

my fave:
Quote:
Condoms
By josie wales - 07/08/2011 - 8:06 pm
are available, $10.00 for 36.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
...all came from NASA technology.
satellites?
keet loves the military, many shuttle payloads were super-secret military.
U!S!A! #1 Gold Medal requires space supremacy.

Last edited by dEadERest; 07-11-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEadERest View Post
comment page link, interesting . .

my fave:

Don't be an asshole. If your stance as a libertarian is that the government should not meddle in people's personal decisions, then restricting access to birth control in ANY WAY is wrong, period. But time and time again I see libertarians dismissing these issues because it doesn't affect them personally, and states like Indiana and South Dakota get labelled the "most free."

Meanwhile, libertarians in New Hampshire are more invested in making sure they're allowed to sell bacon without restriction. Although I'd love to see George Mandrik explain to me where he bought this bacon he was selling. Unless he raised and slaughtered the pigs and produced the bacon himself, then the bacon he sold passed through government-maintained infrastructure at several points on its journey to the store or butcher shop. And if he is running a pig farm, I'd love to know if he gets farm subsidies. Fuck, these dumbshits drove on publicly maintained roads just to get to this event. They probably obtained permits in order to run the fest. It's the blatant hypocrisy and delusion amongst this group makes them appear so mind-numbingly stupid.

But yeah, bacon without restriction, obviously way more important than access to birth control. Christ.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/...an-summer-camp

Last edited by Blitzgal; 07-11-2011 at 10:14 AM.