Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you have given back The 3,000th Home Run Ball?
Yes. It's the right thing to do. 19 13.48%
How do I put this? Fuck no!!! 122 86.52%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

you make me proud
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Face View Post
I wasnt complaining about Keith and Chemda asking personal questions- just that one in particular.If someone has been abused as a child,it may well be the last thing they want a spotlight shone one.You're kinda banking on them being over it.I can't recall ever hearing an interesting response to that question on the show, but Keith said people have been open about it before so maybe I'm wrong.
Faceboy talked about it, although it wasnt sexual abuse.

still, wow. things have changed if people consider the possiblity of "inappropriate questions" when it comes to Keith And Chemda. This is the show where people talk about their sexual dysfunctions and suicide attempts! its one of the reasons for its greatness!

PS: i've never been touched as a child, probably wasnt sexy enough.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #13 (permalink)

I would give the ball back, partly because I'm sure Jeter would cherish it more than some d-bag on ebay and partly because I don't quite believe the valuation. The ball is supposedly worth 250k. How would you know its the real deal? I'm guessing there aren't any certificate of authenticity issuers getting drunk in the outfield at the time. I suppose if you saw the guy catch it and approached him in person with 250,000 dollars in cash then maybe it woud work, but after he leaves the ballpark would anyone really pay a quarter million for a ball that may have been the 3,000 hit ball or might just as easily have been purchased for 3 bucks at a sporting goods store?

Valuation isn't the same as price. Ask a groupon stockholder. All in all, the guy came out with seats to games and a bunch of autographed memorabilia (which in my mind would be much easier to sell, albeit for substantially less money) for catching a ball at a baseball game. I'd say don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Also it was not his 3,000th home run, it was his 3,000th hit. I point this out because I'm a douchebag.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #14 (permalink)

I bet that he held onto the ball for a second, and then everyone around him yelled that he should throw it back. Those people would have flipped out if he didn’t.

What was that story from a few months ago? That fan that got punched in the head and then got thrown up on? Yeah, and that was for complaining about noise. Nevermind holding onto a record-setting ball.

Also, 250k? Unless he was wearing his shiv-proof vest, he would have never made it out of the stadium anyway.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymztheKing View Post
I would give the ball back, partly because I'm sure Jeter would cherish it more than some d-bag on ebay and partly because I don't quite believe the valuation. The ball is supposedly worth 250k. How would you know its the real deal? I'm guessing there aren't any certificate of authenticity issuers getting drunk in the outfield at the time. I suppose if you saw the guy catch it and approached him in person with 250,000 dollars in cash then maybe it woud work, but after he leaves the ballpark would anyone really pay a quarter million for a ball that may have been the 3,000 hit ball or might just as easily have been purchased for 3 bucks at a sporting goods store?

Valuation isn't the same as price. Ask a groupon stockholder. All in all, the guy came out with seats to games and a bunch of autographed memorabilia (which in my mind would be much easier to sell, albeit for substantially less money) for catching a ball at a baseball game. I'd say don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Also it was not his 3,000th home run, it was his 3,000th hit. I point this out because I'm a douchebag.
I would guess the same way people trade autographed sports memorabilia and verify that it's not just some guy's pen scribbles.

See also: Barry Bonds home run record ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by riles View Post
Also, 250k? Unless he was wearing his shiv-proof vest, he would have never made it out of the stadium anyway.
Google the above reference. See also: some past KATG shows.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymztheKing View Post
I'd say don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Except for the part where he'll have to pay taxes on the value of all these "gifts." That part he can look in the mouth.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

The song at the end was pretty awesome, what's it called? That was Chemda right?
Old 07-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

Yes it's Chemda, its called "surrender" and its on the store for a pay what you want price.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post

still, wow. things have changed if people consider the possiblity of "inappropriate questions" when it comes to Keith And Chemda. This is the show where people talk about their sexual dysfunctions and suicide attempts! its one of the reasons for its greatness!
I still think K & C are great interviewers. Its just I've been close to a couple of people who suffered real abuse and I know its not something they would talk about casually, or that would be condusive to an interesting conversation with them.So thats my (somewhat) informed perspective on it.

(I've never been touched either for the record)

/taps out
Old 07-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You so wanted to get that out. See? People WANT to say.