Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you have given back The 3,000th Home Run Ball?
Yes. It's the right thing to do. 19 13.48%
How do I put this? Fuck no!!! 122 86.52%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Wow Jaymz, you're an idiot huh? You can't just buy a MLB game ball at a sporting goods store.
It was a little hyperbole. I'm guessing there is a way to procure an MLB ball for cheaper than 250,000 dollars.

Dwarrior-

The Bonds ball was a special case. Because of the home run hoopla they were marking the Barry Bond's balls ahead of time before they were pitched to him. I haven't heard anything to suggest the Jeter ball was marked and is probably just a standard MLB ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Except for the part where he'll have to pay taxes on the value of all these "gifts." That part he can look in the mouth.
I'll bet 20 bucks he won't pay a dime in taxes on the gifts. Even if they can't clear it as a true gift and its a prize, the Yankees or Jeter will foot the bill.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

You are AWESOME! I hope you catch the 4,000th homerun ball!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottperezfox View Post
There is no way I'd give that ball back!

I would keep the ball, but for a week following, waffle back and forth as to whether or not I'd give it back. I'd tell the local papers I'm considering donating it to the Hall of Fame, considering selling it, considering giving it to Jeter, etc.

Then, I'd hold a press conference (one of the local papers would surely pick up the costs) and give a sermon about everything that is wrong with baseball, including the licensing, stadium naming, mega-salaries, even watered-down beer.

I would give the ball to MLB in exchange for them making EVERY game of the season available free for download 2 days after the game takes place. Jeter must give me a lifetime membership to that fancy-pants gym he owns. And someone better pay my student loans!!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymztheKing View Post
The ball is supposedly worth 250k. How would you know its the real deal? I'm guessing there aren't any certificate of authenticity issuers getting drunk in the outfield at the time. I suppose if you saw the guy catch it and approached him in person with 250,000 dollars in cash then maybe it woud work, but after he leaves the ballpark would anyone really pay a quarter million for a ball that may have been the 3,000 hit ball or might just as easily have been purchased for 3 bucks at a sporting goods store?
Suprise! Someone else thought of that too. MLB has authenticators at all games. If you catch a ball or get a hat signed they will tag it with a serial number.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #24 (permalink)

Apparently the guy who caught that ball went to my alma mater, and now nobody will shut the fuck up about it.

Edit: I just realized I am part of that nobody ;_;

Last edited by fluxquanta; 07-12-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymztheKing View Post
I'll bet 20 bucks he won't pay a dime in taxes on the gifts. Even if they can't clear it as a true gift and its a prize, the Yankees or Jeter will foot the bill.
Deal.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

But if they keep giving him money to pay the taxes, the IRS will just keep taxing that additional money. Eventually, he'll have to give everything he owns!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Face View Post
I still think K & C are great interviewers. Its just I've been close to a couple of people who suffered real abuse and I know its not something they would talk about casually, or that would be condusive to an interesting conversation with them.So thats my (somewhat) informed perspective on it.

(I've never been touched either for the record)

/taps out
No manner of how they ask the question makes anyone obligated to answer it. If they don't want to talk about it, they can very well do that.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #28 (permalink)

Bought it. Loved it!

I was also trying to find the song Chemda sang under another name (because she was bored with the genre and didn't want to sign a 12 month deal!). She was listed on the release as 'Caprice' I think; it was the same name as some famous model anyway... but does anyone remember that name or the name of the track? It used to be available on UTube and maybe still is. Help me Junkenstein and KATG Clan... you're my only hope!
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #29 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

oh my that beat is old school.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

Sweet, Thanks Junk!