Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you want to talk about it?
Yes 41 30.37%
No 23 17.04%
Why'd I bring it up? 71 52.59%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I don't really know how KATG works behind the scenes, but maybe they can better inform guests who write about normally taboo subjects, so they don't sound like they're caught off-guard by the type of interviewing KATG do. Maybe KATG already do that, and it's just the guests don't read the emails, but so far it's happened 2 out of 2 times (the shit book guy and Beckerman)
Chemda mentioned in the past that she usually tells the future guests to check out a few shows in order to be ready.

i guess a lot of them dont. in my interviewing experience personal questions usually work, but when the subject is neurotic, something like this can happen.

still they're so good at it that they can milk the best out of anyone. (and they're nice enough to avoid someone storming off... although that would be kinda funny)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #22 (permalink)

Okay, after looking over Marty's books on Amazon, can I just say.....douche. He claims on this show that people just "misunderstood" his Generation S.L.U.T. book and doesn't understand why people think he's a fundamentalist. But his book argues that teenagers today are a new breed of emotionless sex-crazed monsters, and that's because of feminism. Yeah, because teenagers never had sex before the sixties. It's quite a feat to write a "kids today" book when you're still a kid yourself.

And in his newest book he cries about emasculated men and yearns to go back to the days of Hemingway. Do people really not remember that Hemingway was a paranoid depressive who blew his head off with a shotgun?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
havent listened yet but the way you describe him reminds me of the Shit Book guy Prager....

Now i'm on the edge about listenin to this one
This. Totally. Seems to be a common thread when writers are on.

Also, isn't it a little weird he talked about fucking his wife in the ass with no lube but he got all defensive when they asked what she does for a living? C'mon.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #24 (permalink)

i think what scares a lot of the guests isnt really talking about their personal lives, but exposing information that could have "the internet people" tracing them.

i dont know if that is the case but i remember other guests telling outrageous stories but then getting all scared when it came to details like their wives jobs, names or even residence because "people out there are freaks and they will look them up and stalk them".

just a guess.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

I've seen how hard Keith and Chemda bust their asses before and after every show, and usually the show itself is the eye of the hurricane, the easiest part. At least to my ears it sounds effortless for them. Don't be fooled, however. Many have heard how breezy it sounds and mistakenly assume that they can do it too. It's extremely difficult to learn to do what Keith and Chemda do, and make it sound as natural as they do.

This show, though? You could hear the gears grinding.

Was he the worst guest ever? No way, not by a long shot. But worst guest of the year? Who else so far?

"Despair's an octopus with its head in New Hampshire, and tentacles everywhere." - Mishka Shubaly
Old 07-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #26 (permalink)

good god, the bad interviews ive done were so painful that they mad eme quit the pro-writing thing for a long time.

I wouldnt EVER have the skills and that K&C have so i think that this one mustve been torturous.

Just saying that, as a listener, i didnt find the guy unbearable as i found Marina. (shes pretty much the only guest i really could not stand)
Old 07-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #27 (permalink)

This show should have been called "super awkward"
Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #28 (permalink)

It's a shame he wasn't more familiar with the show. Some of the articles on his webpage remind me a little bit of Rev Jen's book. (not his book's page but his name)

Had he known about the openness and non-judgement of Keith and Chemda, and their fans, I think he could have been a great guest.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
Seriously, this guy chuckles at the sound of his own voice.
lol awesome, and such a annoying laugh. Worst 2011 guest nominee, I would almost already give him the award before the year is over.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #30 (permalink)

It's too bad this guy is so lame, because he's cute. Like, Mark Normand cute. I think he thinks the things he says will shock, but clearly he doesn't know what show he's on.