Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Keith a nerd?
Yes 81 62.79%
No 48 37.21%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #111 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Oh, grow up. He made a bitchy little passive aggressive swipe at someone and then acted like a drama queen when he was called out on it.
Acted? That's giving him too much credit.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #112 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
Keith definitely got some nerd in him. I guess it just boils down to what you want to associate with the word "nerd". I know that Keith said that nerds don't even like each other and he doesn't even like nerds... I don't know man... I've put way more thought into this than anyone should. LOL
The more I think about it, the more I think that nerd is much less of an insult than dork. Dork is worse than geek as well. In my opinion, geek is less insulting than nerd is much less insulting than dork.

Dork seems to be a term of being totally socially inept and awkward. At least geek and nerd involve brains. Or maybe my definitions are totally different from others'.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #113 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
The more I think about it, the more I think that nerd is much less of an insult than dork. Dork is worse than geek as well. In my opinion, geek is less insulting than nerd is much less insulting than dork.

Dork seems to be a term of being totally socially inept and awkward. At least geek and nerd involve brains. Or maybe my definitions are totally different from others'.
yeah the term "nerd" has definitely been adopted to mean "expertise in" or "affinity for" certain subjects. It's almost funny listening to people who are completely socially revered say things like, "I was a rock n' roll nerd" or "I'm a total NFL nerd" or something is really mainstream and socially acceptable.

Even super-model actresses use the shit in interviews now knowing they were never bullied or picked upon a day in their lives. So I'd agree with you that dork would be a more accurate description of the social ineptitude that Keith means when he says "nerd" these days BUT...

I think Keith is trying to take the word back to it's original meaning. Hell, it probably never stopped meaning the same thing it always meant for Keith.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #114 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
This is simply not true. I do not pick fights with the pretty ladies. Everyone else, yes.
When I was growing up I was a TALL kid, taller then the teachers in some cases. So, of course, I was teased. My dad would always flip the script if I came home from school in tears by saying things like
"They're jealous of you" or "They want what you have and they never will"

So when I read this I was thinking Bob was actually complimenting the lovely stulagu (He wasn't fighting with her, she's too pretty to fight with) and in fact I think he may have been but realized that he got a reaction from the comment and he pounced on the opportunity to be the villain, his favourite game in the forums.

Frankly I don't think this statement is all that dastardly, it is tame by Bob's standards. Beauty is completely subjective, one guys flow locks are another girls nightmare.