Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Dane Cook on "Louis"
Keith 54 77.14%
Chemda 16 22.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I started watching 'Breaking Bad' on the recommendation of others and I love it. But in the interest of full disclosure, I also started watching 'Gilmore Girls' on the recommendation of others, and it's on right now.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

First 2 seasons ruled, I wasn't crazy about the 3rd. Gonna start 4th tonight.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This guy Dan's a serious contender for best new guest. Funny, quick, open, good stories, buddy of Mike Lawrence, thinks Dane Cook deserves no respect ... the dude is aces.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

Dan St Germain was awesome, love the honesty... Shows featuring guests like him and Jesse Joyce should be required listening for anyone in recovery who wants to know if the party ends when you put down the bottle (obviously not)
Old 08-04-2011, 06:52 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisto Jitsu View Post
Dan St Germain was awesome, love the honesty... Shows featuring guests like him and Jesse Joyce should be required listening for anyone in recovery who wants to know if the party ends when you put down the bottle (obviously not)
Why do so many people post on new user names? What are they hiding? (If you are a genuine new forums poster - welcome!)
Old 08-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
First 2 seasons ruled, I wasn't crazy about the 3rd. Gonna start 4th tonight.

I still enjoy it, but it feels like it's suffering from the kind of malaise that a lot of shows fall into once they've been on several seasons. So you have this central plotline of a guy dying of cancer who wants to provide for his family before he goes. At what point do they have to start making us watch this guy actually DIE OF CANCER? The cancer part of the story has kind of just dropped away. And we're getting this pattern of a "big bad" who gets worse and worse every season. Tuco was crazy and scary, but now chicken man is even more scary because he's not crazy; he's just evil. There is still interesting character stuff going on with Jesse and Walter but I do wonder where the story has left to go at this point. I guess the Feds will get involved.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 08-04-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

weird, i am actuallly GLAD that the cancer was removed from the equation (with remission). it gave the show even more of an edge.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 08-04-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I still enjoy it, but it feels like it's suffering from the kind of malaise that a lot of shows fall into once they've been on several seasons. So you have this central plotline of a guy dying of cancer who wants to provide for his family before he goes. At what point do they have to start making us watch this guy actually DIE OF CANCER? The cancer part of the story has kind of just dropped away. And we're getting this pattern of a "big bad" who gets worse and worse every season. Tuco was crazy and scary, but now chicken man is even more scary because he's not crazy; he's just evil. There is still interesting character stuff going on with Jesse and Walter but I do wonder where the story has left to go at this point. I guess the Feds will get involved.
They only want to do one more season. I've read season 5 will be it's final.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
weird, i am actuallly GLAD that the cancer was removed from the equation (with remission). it gave the show even more of an edge.
But that was what drove him to the extreme of an everyman who starts manufacturing drugs. You take away that plot device and he's just your basic asshole Scarface wannabe. The cancer is central to the entire series, and taking it away because you don't want to deal with the obvious end result of that storyline is kind of lazy and cheap, IMO. It doesn't give it an edge, it takes the only edge away.

My other example of this is The Office. They've supposedly been filming this fucking documentary for eight years now. Except for the talking head sequences, they pretty much have dropped the whole documentary thing completely. The characters do not interact with the camera crew like they did before, and it's more like your standard sitcom now. In the British version they had two series and then a Christmas special that takes place after the first footage had aired on television, to show how these people's lives have changed after being on TV. I thought that was a better way of handling that gimmick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
They only want to do one more season. I've read season 5 will be it's final.
That makes sense to me. I'm still watching it and think it's better than any basic network television show. That was just a little critique that I have with this series.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 08-04-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

Well done Sherlock you caught me, I'm really Danny Loebell.
Tosser