Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is your partner’s slobbery disrespectful?
Yes 32 32.99%
No 39 40.21%
N/A 26 26.80%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #21 (permalink)

i just have to say that hearing BroLo's voice during the prayer made me extremely happy! i <3 brother love!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
Very logical, but I don't think that's really the long and short of it. When I'm at my parents I put the seat down (shared that bathroom with my sister for years, even though neither of us lives there anymore), or really anywhere else I put it down. At my house though, the seat is up, and stays up, male urination is by far the most likely of the 4 reasons that will be going on.

I never did understand the not looking down thing, people seriously don't look down? Even with the horror stories of people cracking tailbones and whatnot. Dudes look down to make sure they don't dribble a little (or atleast they should), women don't look down to make sure they don't injure themselves?

If I stumble into the bathroom at 2AM I'm lucky I can find the light switch. I used to be able to avoid having to go while sleeping but now that I'm an old lady of 34 I can't hold it overnight anymore. But yeah, I do look down ordinarily, especially considering the blight of "hoverers" in ladies bathrooms. They piss on the seat, too!

I voted "not disrespectful." I know it's not personal.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 08-09-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
If I stumble into the bathroom at 2AM I'm lucky I can find the light switch. I used to be able to avoid having to go while sleeping but now that I'm an old lady of 34 I can't hold it overnight anymore. But yeah, I do look down ordinarily, especially considering the blight of "hoverers" in ladies bathrooms. They piss on the seat, too!
Can dudes do this? Stumble into the dark bathroom and just piss?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Can dudes do this? Stumble into the dark bathroom and just piss?

They do it. Unfortunately for them peeing takes a little more dexterity and concentration than simply sitting down does for us.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #25 (permalink)

If I can't see I sit down. I don't want piss all over my bathroom either.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #26 (permalink)

For you ladies and gentlemen with long hair, the Turbo Snake worked well for me after the cleaners weren't doing anything to push the hair down the drain. I removed a small kitten sized lump of rotten hair out of my shower drain. Now I have short hair.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Weird, if they're hovering, why would they even have the seat down?

I also get up at night to pee often, I drink alot of water, but I think I'm one of the lucky ones who can get up, turn lights on, do my business, turn lights off, and be almost instantly asleep again. I remember McNally saying this was a problem for him.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
Weird, if they're hovering, why would they even have the seat down?

I also get up at night to pee often, I drink alot of water, but I think I'm one of the lucky ones who can get up, turn lights on, do my business, turn lights off, and be almost instantly asleep again. I remember McNally saying this was a problem for him.
All the lights at my place have dimmer switches, so I have them all low en route to night piss, that keeps me unawake enough to resume sleep.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
When does it stop being a fight for a cause and become a self-destructive obsession? Should Louis spew bile, and vitriol at Dane every chance he gets? Should he form a sort of comedic mafia and break Dane’s legs? Or maybe Louis should command a ship of misfit sailors and follow Cook to the ends of the earth in hopes that he’ll someday get his revenge.
Dane Cook is already a superstar, the “battle” is pretty much lost. Louis can’t damage Dane’s career, so any anger or aggression that Louis C.K. would throw Danes way would only come off as petty and out of hand in most peoples eyes. I get the impression that Louis wants to just move on from the entire incident and this episode was more him pandering to the vocal minority that wants to see Louis challenge Dane to open combat and then behead him. Also Keith’s analogy is totally off, in the case of a woman getting mugged and not wanting to press chargers, there is an organized third party that takes over and enforces the punishment, regardless of the victims wishes. Until there is a state subsidized, comedy police force, this is just another fucked up unfortunate event.
I know a lot of this is rhetorical/joking, but why not? Why can't he? Why, if someone completely disrespects you and takes something from you, is it your burden to "be the bigger person"? I understand if we're talking someone cuts in front of you at the deli counter (even then if a person decided to say something I would think it was good of them to do so), but Dane Cook stole something of great value from Louis CK, traded on it for personal gain, and gives bullshit reasons why he didn't, which means he knows he was wrong, and yet the burden is on Louie to let it go? Fuck that. To this day we mock the shit out of Vanilla Ice, for a lot of obvious reasons, chief among them his idiotic response to obviously stealing from Queen/David Bowie's "Under Pressure" (and if you haven't seen the "ours goes like this, their's goes like that" clip where Vanilla explains the "differences" please check it out. Priceless. Especially for the shit eating grin he has on when he does it). I don't see how this is any different. Louie decided to let it go, and there happened to be a big monetary gain involved (which I hope isn't the sole reason, as I like Louis CK, and while I normally totally endorse "selling out" I don't when it compromises morals to this degree), but it's still basically saying what Dane, or any joke thief did, is ok. And I do think a lot of it has to do with the mentality of "it's just a joke", which is crap because it's still intellectual property.

As a little test I would like to see someone steal a whole section of a Dane Cook standup and see what his reaction would be. I bet he would lose his fucking mind.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #30 (permalink)

When half of your post is parenthetical asides, you're typing too much.