Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY
I get it. 94 84.68%
I don't get it. 17 15.32%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I totally understand what Keith is saying and I "do get it".... unless we are talking bigger tv, then why would you trade in?

Don't cave Keith.... Whats next open toothpaste on the counter. Its a slippery slope if you give in.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

What's not to get? It's been got.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

More shirtless pics of Keith!!!

[QUOTE=archicat;708725]The man of the hour, dressed to impress in 10 seconds. It usually takes him at least 30!

Damn Keith, you're looking fine. Kat is a lucky woman.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #24 (permalink)

Talking its done been got!

Indeed it has been got. I'd go with the 700 tv, but that's because I like to spend money, and chances are its going to be a better picture... Yes, even hd tv's have a better picture than that of other hd's.

And as on most occasions, I agree with Brother Love, even if said opinion has not yet been publicly stated. Why? Cuz, Everything is Everythaaang!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #25 (permalink)

I think it was in this show that Chemda was talking about how much she appreciates Emmy, and how proud of her she is. I think it's really cool how Chemda can see the best in people and support them without making excuses for them. She really is the perfect producer.

I'm not sure Emmy proves nurture rules over nature. I had basically the polar opposite childhood: abuse and neglect, but lots of money - at least for the first 13 years. But I've done OK for myself (great job, sweet boyfriend, good friends). It seems like there are some people who just thrive on adversity, and inexplicably succeed where others have failed. I have a feeling that, given different circumstances, a person like Emmy would turn out how she is no matter what.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I think it was in this show that Chemda was talking about how much she appreciates Emmy, and how proud of her she is. I think it's really cool how Chemda can see the best in people and support them without making excuses for them. She really is the perfect producer.

I'm not sure Emmy proves nurture rules over nature. I had basically the polar opposite childhood: abuse and neglect, but lots of money - at least for the first 13 years. But I've done OK for myself (great job, sweet boyfriend, good friends). It seems like there are some people who just thrive on adversity, and inexplicably succeed where others have failed. I have a feeling that, given different circumstances, a person like Emmy would turn out how she is no matter what.
Meh, liking Emmy's no big deal. Otherwise, I'm an amazing person because I'm proud of what Bill Gates has accomplished (he had a lot going against him: parents weren't billionaires, pimply nerdy kid, into computers, etc).

I think it's a lot more telling of Keith's good nature that he still accepts Bruno as his son.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Bill Gates started out pretty gifted in the parents department

Gates was born in Seattle, Washington, to William H. Gates, Sr. and Mary Maxwell Gates, of English, German, and Scotch-Irish descent.[9][10] His family was upper middle class; his father was a prominent lawyer, his mother served on the board of directors for First Interstate BancSystem and the United Way, and her father, J. W. Maxwell, was a national bank president. Gates has one elder sister, Kristi (Kristianne), and one younger sister, Libby. He was the fourth of his name in his family, but was known as William Gates III or "Trey" because his father had the "II" suffix.[11] Early on in his life, Gates' parents had a law career in mind for him.[12] When Gates was young, his family regularly attended a Congregational church.[13][14][15]
The SSgt has it exactly right.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtballard View Post
Bill Gates started out pretty gifted in the parents department

Gates was born in Seattle, Washington, to William H. Gates, Sr. and Mary Maxwell Gates, of English, German, and Scotch-Irish descent.[9][10] His family was upper middle class; his father was a prominent lawyer, his mother served on the board of directors for First Interstate BancSystem and the United Way, and her father, J. W. Maxwell, was a national bank president. Gates has one elder sister, Kristi (Kristianne), and one younger sister, Libby. He was the fourth of his name in his family, but was known as William Gates III or "Trey" because his father had the "II" suffix.[11] Early on in his life, Gates' parents had a law career in mind for him.[12] When Gates was young, his family regularly attended a Congregational church.[13][14][15]
Sure, it's fine for your standard upper middle, couple million net guy, but hardly sufficient family background for top 3 in the world. What he did with his background is way harder than getting out of any hood.

All I'm saying is Chemda has every right to be proud of Emmy. Good on Keith for sticking with Bruno. But my adopted son is totally ruling the world.

Last edited by DWarrior; 08-22-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #29 (permalink)

Sorry, when you're born on third base you didn't score a home run. People who are born into privilege do not earn all of their success on their own. Gates may be a genius, but he was handed all of the tools necessary to succeed in life.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Sorry, when you're born on third base you didn't score a home run. People who are born into privilege do not earn all of their success on their own. Gates may be a genius, but he was handed all of the tools necessary to succeed in life.
Easy for you to say now with 20/20 hindsight.