Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does the on and off sexual nature of friends that we talked about make sense to you?
Yes 56 51.38%
No 53 48.62%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes

Old 09-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

That "small" group of men is probably the men who believe what women say.
If you believe what women say, you'll be wrong every time. Because even women are smart enough to know that you shouldn't listen to the dumb shit that women say.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

Well, now you're just being stupid.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You can comment on their intoxication levels but not their clothes?

Victor already answered you on the show. Yes, you can comment on their clothes. And then they get to answer you. The only thing you don't get is complete freedom from criticism.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
You do understand that the majority of rapes are NOT stranger rapes where someone jumps out at you from behind a bush and grabs you, right? The incidence of elder rape and the rape of mentally disabled people also indicates that rape has less to do with "being hot" and far more to do with opportunity. Preying on the vulnerable is simply easier, and the same reason that many burglars go from door to door until they find one that's unlocked. Focusing attention on what the woman was wearing will not do anything to stop future rapes. A woman in a burka can get raped, and they do.

Also, you need to understand that comparing a woman's body with "stacks of cash" is gross. My pussy is not a stack of cash, nor is it a ring of keys that I accidentally left on the ground. People are not things.
Aren't you taking rape too lightly? Now, I've never been raped before, but I'd imagine it being extremely traumatic. If there was ANYTHING I could do to even slightly lower the likelihood of getting raped, I'd do it. If there is only one person on Earth who would rape someone depending on how they were dressed, I think it'd be reasonable to dress more conservatively.

I don't see why this is so hard to understand. Are you saying that people who don't wear pants that say "Nice Booty" on the back are more likely to be raped? People who wear those fake nipples over their bras are less likely to be raped? If you don't dress in a provocative manner, you are less likely to be raped by people who rape strangers. Maybe that's a small number compared to rapes in general, but I'd think that even a little is better than nothing. I'm not saying that people who wear clothing like that deserve to be raped, just that maybe not wearing them might make you safer.

As for comparing a woman's body and stacks of cash, I don't think I ever did that. I never even mentioned women specifically. I'm sure your pussy is much more desirable in comparison to thousands of dollars. Aren't you just being offended for no reason? I'm not saying women are bitches and whores who deserve to be raped. I'm saying that walking around strutting your stuff can only make it easier for someone to decide on raping you.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Victor already answered you on the show. Yes, you can comment on their clothes. And then they get to answer you. The only thing you don't get is complete freedom from criticism.
That's what I'm asking. Am I able to say different words?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
If there was ANYTHING I could do to even slightly lower the likelihood of getting raped, I'd do it. If there is only one person on Earth who would rape someone depending on how they were dressed, I think it'd be reasonable to dress more conservatively.

This was my exact point. People who are dressed conservatively DO get raped. In fact, many of the women who go to Slutwalk are rape victims, despite being "walkable dogs" as Keith put it on the show. Your premise is already provably wrong. When infants and 100 year old women get raped (both true cases within the past few years), the issue is far more complicated than how they were dressed. Or perhaps the 101 year old English woman who was assaulted by Paul Blackwood in 2005 was wearing booty pants? Yeah, that must be it.

And no matter how clever you thought you were with your stacks of cash comment, comparing a hot body that someone wants to fuck to "stacks of cash" is equating rape with theft. It's an old and tired comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
That's what I'm asking. Am I able to say different words?
You are able to say the same words.

I see. I mentioned intoxication so you think I'm telling people it's their fault for being drunk. No. Predators will target victims for many reasons. A person can wear a burka and never leave their house and still get raped. The 101 year old in England was in her own home. A guy in Australia was raping 90 year old women in a nursing home.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 09-08-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
This was my exact point. People who are dressed conservatively DO get raped. In fact, many of the women who go to Slutwalk are rape victims, despite being "walkable dogs" as Keith put it on the show. Your premise is already provably wrong. When infants and 100 year old women get raped (both true cases within the past few years), the issue is far more complicated than how they were dressed. Or perhaps the 101 year old English woman who was assaulted by Paul Blackwood in 2005 was wearing booty pants? Yeah, that must be it.

And no matter how clever you thought you were with your stacks of cash comment, comparing a hot body that someone wants to fuck to "stacks of cash" is equating rape with theft. It's an old and tired comparison.
I already said that people who dress conservatively get raped. Aren't you just ignoring what I'm saying at this point? Unless you're saying that more people want to rape 101 year old ladies than 20 year olds with skirts the size of belts, you agree that dressing conservatively is safer. Now, obviously I'm exaggerating, but what you're saying is more silly. I never said that people who dress conservatively or are ugly don't get raped. I never said that dress is the only way rapists decide on their targets. I'm saying that if there were two identical people except for how they were dressed, the one in the skimpy top that says "Rape me, please" is more likely to get raped.

As for my clever comments, I appreciate your praise. Unless you want to show how they are different, however, the point stands. I doubt a rapist is thinking, "Oh, raping this hot chick would have a bigger impact on her life than robbing her!" Stop getting offended at things if you don't know why you are getting offended. I'm not saying your dignity is on the same level as money. I'm saying that I doubt someone who is RAPING you cares. In that way, whether someone should walk around lighting cigars with $50s and whether someone should walk around dressed in only stickers are comparable.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

Victor is on Episode 208 of WTF.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Stop getting offended at things if you don't know why you are getting offended.
I'm agreeing with you, but think about it. Why do you THINK she'd get so heated over this?
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

Yeah, I tried to keep it lighthearted for that reason. Still, I think they're completely different situations and we're arguing different points. It's not like it was Blitzgal's fault she was molested. I just think she's fighting the wrong battles. Obviously rape is wrong and victims shouldn't be blamed. If wearing conservative clothing reduces the amount of victims by even one, however, it should be done.