Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does the on and off sexual nature of friends that we talked about make sense to you?
Yes 56 51.38%
No 53 48.62%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes

Old 09-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
If you come across the study let me know because I'd be interested to know how they got their data. I would assume that in very restrictive cultures, fewer women are comfortable even reporting their rapes at all.
I've been trying to find it again for some time. It was written in a book I had to read when at University, 40 years ago when I was doing some course.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #32 (permalink)

It was all fun and games Sashi... Methinks you fucked up now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Yeah, I tried to keep it lighthearted for that reason. Still, I think they're completely different situations and we're arguing different points. It's not like it was Blitzgal's fault she was molested.
It's not very light-hearted to call a girl out as being molested. I think you are arguing the same situations, rape doesn't really come in varying degrees.

Quote:
Obviously rape is wrong and victims shouldn't be blamed.
Well that's fucking revolutionary.

Quote:
If wearing conservative clothing reduces the amount of victims by even one, however, it should be done.
Do you only wear clothes from the dollar store? Any other clothing would show that you have some amount of wealth. Obviously, you should never wear clothes with any kind of brand on them. Actually, you should throw your clothes in the dryer with some bricks. That way people will see you and won't think you have shit for them to steal.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
It was all fun and games Sashi... Methinks you fucked up now.

It's not very light-hearted to call a girl out as being molested. I think you are arguing the same situations, rape doesn't really come in varying degrees.

Well that's fucking revolutionary.

Do you only wear clothes from the dollar store? Any other clothing would show that you have some amount of wealth. Obviously, you should never wear clothes with any kind of brand on them. Actually, you should throw your clothes in the dryer with some bricks. That way people will see you and won't think you have shit for them to steal.
I don't see how I'm calling anyone out on anything. It's not like I called in an investigator or something. If I know about it, she must have talk about it before. If she's worked past it enough to discuss it, it'd be a disservice to her if I purposely avoided the topic.

I don't wear brand name clothing, by the way, so I don't see where you're going with that. I actually can't afford it, though, so it's not like I'm wearing cheap clothing on purpose. Also, the point I was making was for people to not dress in a way that attracts attention. I wouldn't doubt it if homeless people get raped more than nonhomeless people, so I would not recommend wearing rags. Plus, I'm sure that's unhygenic and you were just being silly.

Also, I don't see how just picking part of what I said and making sarcastic remarks about it does anything to further the conversation. It wasn't even funny, so I don't get your point there at all.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #34 (permalink)

So because you can't afford nice clothes, you don't understand how nice clothes can represent you as someone who has money..? That makes a lot of sense. Sorry that was sarcasm again, it makes no sense.
You are mixing the theft analogy with rape, which is even funnier than anything you said previous.
Please describe what ways of dressing draw attention. And please describe the coorelation between dressing provocatively and being homeless, since according to you, both raise your chances of being raped.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

i do have to say, just to defend my last poll answer...keith and chemda DID talk about the leave the tent vs. not leaving the tent on a previous show. I voted based on that discussion and after listening I would have voted the same way.

And i'm fucking up this poll on purpose. HAHAHAHAHAH. fuck science.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Obviously rape is wrong and victims shouldn't be blamed. If wearing conservative clothing reduces the amount of victims by even one, however, it should be done.

And what is the female dress code you think that every woman should wear? Long sleeves at all times, obviously, but when you get to our bottom half there's a conundrum. Long skirts would cover our legs but provide easy access. Jeans are harder to take off (as the Italian supreme court deemed several years ago), but you can see our asses, crotches, and legs!

I got it! Oh, but if I dress this way Warren Jeffs will get me.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #37 (permalink)

Rape is a crime of violence. Not of crime of I couldn't help myself cause that girl was dressed like a slut.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #38 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Now you're just being silly. It's not like it's a line where you get raped on one side and you're perfectly fine on the other. It's obviously going to be a spectrum. If you honestly can't tell, on a general level, what's more likely to attract attention, then there's really no point in this discussion. I'm not saying to wear sheet with eyeholes cut out. I'm saying to not have only bandaids over your privates.

EDIT: By the way, regarding this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
So yeah, when I hear the smugness of some guys who have this attitude that if women just follow these "common sense" rules of conduct we'll be safe, I get pissed. If there really was a fool proof tactic to avoid rape, you can be sure that women would've figured it out by now.
I've said many times that dress is definitely not the only factor and that I'm not saying that dressing a certain way will prevent rape.

Last edited by Sashi; 09-11-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

broke the tie at 92 votes
Old 05-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #40 (permalink)

Holy shit Keith! This tent debate has been going on for so long lol. I promise to never give you shit about this topic.
Keith, The Girl, Sparrow and 1 others like this.