Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: WOMEN ONLY: Have you ever been raped?
Yes 6 4.96%
No 39 32.23%
I'm not a woman 76 62.81%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #21 (permalink)

Honestly, I get pissed because there was literally nothing I could do to avoid the two major incidents in my life. The second one was in college. A townie broke into our dorm building one Saturday morning and snuck into the bathroom while I was taking a shower. I was lucky that this guy was "only" a peeping tom and that he was intimidated when I realized he was there and ran away. But other girls on campus got raped in their bathrooms (both by other classmates and by townies who snuck into the building). The shower areas were attached to the bathrooms with no locking doors. It was seven or eight on a Saturday morning and all I wanted to do was wash my hair. And some asshole thought he was entitled to sneak in and peek at me.

So yeah, when I hear the smugness of some guys who have this attitude that if women just follow these "common sense" rules of conduct we'll be safe, I get pissed. If there really was a fool proof tactic to avoid rape, you can be sure that women would've figured it out by now.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

oh im sure all the "rules of conduct" are bullshit. in a universe where fathers rape their own daughters, any rule is bullshit.

still if one has to point out details, i think the "where" is more pressing than the "how dressed". any man has a tendency to be an aggressive animal, the local level of decnecy and civilization is what stops it, sometimes.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzoinc View Post
woof... Was it hard taking such a controversial stand?

Are we all supposed to say that we're against rape, or can it just be assumed that if you're into KATG, you're probably not "into rape"?
What can I say? I'm a non-conformist.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
I'm finding I sympathize with Michael Douglas' character in Falling Down more and more lately.
I did since I first saw that movie. Except the ending left a little to be desired.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I did since I first saw that movie. Except the ending left a little to be desired.

You thought he should've been successful in killing his wife and kid?
Old 09-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Rampage is an interesting and meaner take on the idea of Falling Down (only the guy is more in the vein of the oslo shooter)
Old 09-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Rampage is an interesting and meaner take on the idea of Falling Down (only the guy is more in the vein of the oslo shooter)
Different motive though
Old 09-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

[QUOTE=

So yeah, when I hear the smugness of some guys who have this attitude that if women just follow these "common sense" rules of conduct we'll be safe, I get pissed. If there really was a fool proof tactic to avoid rape, you can be sure that women would've figured it out by now.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone was saying there is such as a thing, but risk management has to be considered - not as tool to blame the victims afterwards, but to prevent them from ever becoming one.

If I walk down the street flashing bundles of cash, am I more or less likely to be robbed?

If a girl walks down the street in a skimpy outfit, is she more or less likely to be noticed by a rapist?

No one is saying you shouldn't be able to wear what ever the fuck you want, in a perfect world you should be able to ride lady Godiva style through the streets without fear, but in the current version of society, you have to be aware that this can have serious consequences for you.

Is this a seriously shitty situation for women, fuck yes! But until the world is rid of men who get of on rape, sadly this the state of things.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think the slut uniform mostly raises statistics of the party half-rapes where the dude fucks a half-conscious woman who can't consent. Those are probably more motivated by tits popping out than anything having to do with power.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
That Australian, retardness aside, was not a good advertisment for our kind - nor as a KaTG fan.

For someone whose listened for the entire 6 year run should know the ettiquette of calling in.

And, I'm with Chemda - fuck that guy! You don't shit on a person on air. I'm still waiting for CD/DVD package and I'm most looking forward to seeing Lauren.
Arghhh man, why the fuck did that guy bother calling in at all? that was horrendously embarrassing, I was cringing through the whole thing.