Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you, or do you personally know, a hoarder?
Yes 42 41.18%
No 60 58.82%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2011, 01:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

My father is a hoarder. I had to help him, my mother and my 14 year old sister move this summer. It was one of the most emotionally challenging times of my life. One night my mom and I had to sneak my sister out in the middle of the night because my dad had a mental breakdown and couldn't handle us even touching his things. We left that night expecting him to hurt himself out of emotional distress.

Because of this situation, I tend to throw away things that I may still need simply because I don't want to end up like him.

Good thing I am drunk, I'd never admit this sober.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

Once I helped move my grandmother from one unit in an apartment complex to another unit in the same complex because she couldn't stand the rap. Mostly it involved stuffing old tissues and old newspapers that she refused to throw away into boxes. Filled up a UHAUL truck with that bullshit. Probably doesn't count as full on hoarding, but that's too much for me.

Also that bitch is a cunt. Bought a pair of protectors from a gun place and would put them on anywhere anything not classical music was playing then would loudly complain about the music. Would put gum she was chewing on the table to eat. Drove a car into a body of water at 3 in the morning because she thought a boat ramp was a road. Random guy out running at the same time at the same place pulled her out; guy died like a year or something later in a car wreck. There are people I'm related to that are cool and life fucks with them far more than they deserve, yet this bitch is has been an old dusty hag for my entire life who will not die no matter what stupid thing she does.

Somehow saving fucking old tissues is related.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Once I helped move my grandmother from one unit in an apartment complex to another unit in the same complex because she couldn't stand the rap. Mostly it involved stuffing old tissues and old newspapers that she refused to throw away into boxes. Filled up a UHAUL truck with that bullshit. Probably doesn't count as full on hoarding, but that's too much for me.

Also that bitch is a cunt. Bought a pair of protectors from a gun place and would put them on anywhere anything not classical music was playing then would loudly complain about the music. Would put gum she was chewing on the table to eat. Drove a car into a body of water at 3 in the morning because she thought a boat ramp was a road. Random guy out running at the same time at the same place pulled her out; guy died like a year or something later in a car wreck. There are people I'm related to that are cool and life fucks with them far more than they deserve, yet this bitch is has been an old dusty hag for my entire life who will not die no matter what stupid thing she does.

Somehow saving fucking old tissues is related.

I love me some Ari. Maybe you can get Joe Rogan on the podcast. :P
Old 09-23-2011, 05:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I went to the Holocaust Museum in DC last year and brought my kids and we were with another family.

There is an exhibit there when you first come in called, "REMEMBER THE CHILDREN: DANIEL’S STORY." It's all about a boy and his time from being a healthy young boy living in the city to when he and his family was taken to the concentration camps to what happened to them all.

When the exhibit was over I cried! I cried like I don't remember crying. I'm a parent and as a parent the #1 thing you try to do is to protect your children. It was impossible during that time as a Jew to protect your children. And it made me cry and cry and cry.

I'm even crying writing about it right now.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon View Post
I love me some Ari. Maybe you can get Joe Rogan on the podcast. :P
please dont.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire Lizard View Post
When Chemda talks about the various problems she has at many different venues getting things set up for KATG anyone feel like 75% of the world has to be a fucking idiot for that to happen so many times?
I work in the wedding world, 75% of them ARE idiots. Hotel sales people move from venue to venue every few months, it is like musical chairs. SO many people in the arts and entertainment and hospitality genres have low standards and bad work ethics. You can even get someone that is super creative and fun, but completely unorganized and flakey. So when you're someone that is organized, polite, intellegent AND creative, it is a jackpot and you soar to the top...like KATG.

Also on the red headed thing...I think there is a shitty stigma on red heads. Harry Potter helped people see ginger guys as attractive again, but there is still that red headed step child stereotype.

Being a red head myself, it wasn't fun being called copper crotch and fire crotch in high school or having guys ask me if the curtains match the drapes.

Also, red heads bleed more and feel more pain and have other interesting sensitivities...but I don't think that really means red heads should be turned away from a sperm bank. But I also think sperm banks suck, so adopt a child in poverty instead of spending $14000 to have one of your own. SHEESH!

The funny thing is, is that red headedness is a recessive gene, so even if the guy isn't a red head, he may have a red headed grandpa or great aunt that would pass the gene along.