Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever had the symptoms Keith did because of heavy drinking?
Yes 41 37.27%
No 69 62.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2011, 01:50 AM   #51 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I am kind of agnostic about the prayer. Strange, as I am not agnostic about my religion. It was funny not hearing a prayer after the jingle intro, but there is no point in keeping it just for the sake of it.

I too like the expression l'Chime. There is a brand of Kosha vodka and I quote from their webpage ....

" L'CHAIM is a message of unity and inclusiveness, The theme
TO LIFE is a compelling concept. L'Chaim brings together all people
from everywhere regardless of social, political, cultural, economic or religious
backgrounds. "

Funny how it is a message created by the Jews, who are characterised to revel in the pains of persecution, religious intolerance, economic discomfort, political isolation and cultural repression. L'CHAIM!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #52 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
" L'CHAIM is a message of unity and inclusiveness, The theme
TO LIFE is a compelling concept. L'Chaim brings together all people
from everywhere regardless of social, political, cultural, economic or religious
backgrounds. "
This is well put. That definition simply describes the show, does it not?

It can be hard for me to defend listening to Keith and the Girl to my friends and family when the first thing you hear is "hey all you assholes" and "shit, cunt, fuck" is regularly inserted into the conversation. When I told my husband that it was the smartest podcast I've ever listened to, it took him a while to believe me until he sat and listened to a couple shows. (and to think I found this show becuase the Harry Potter podcast complained that you kept beating them in rankings )

I'm a sentimental sappy person, and love Keith and the Girl. I think their are so many touching, fantastic, real stories and moments in the show and L'Chaim is one of those things that balances out the "shit, cunt, fuck" of the show. Not that I don't like those words (in fact, I now have to be careful not to slip and use them too much) but I also like the balance of the nice and meaningful as well.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
?

(and to think I found this show becuase the Harry Potter podcast complained that you kept beating them in rankings )
oh my that's some funny shit right there.
3am and I'm too bored to drink any more, maybe I should go to bed.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire Lizard View Post
Remember how Spooky took the John Williams Harry Potter score and inserted it into the beginning of each chapter of his HP audio books?

There's the solution if you miss the prayer.
Yes! Start praying to Harry Potter. Or get Spooky to. Understanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
L'Chaim is one of those things that balances out the "shit, cunt, fuck" of the show. Not that I don't like those words (in fact, I now have to be careful not to slip and use them too much) but I also like the balance of the nice and meaningful as well.
Indeed...
A nice and meaningful shit is often a positive force in life, for some.*
A nice and meaningful fuck is the reason a lot of people HAVE life.*
I don't have anything for a nice and meaningful cunt, but it sounds like it could be a play, if "The Motherfucker With the Hat" is one.

* Not everyone, I know.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #55 (permalink)

I'm only halfway through the episode, but, damn... I want to reach through my iphone and hug you, Myq. I completely understand where you're coming from on relationships and can 100% relate to your desire to have an open relationship.

I'm a 30 year old gal with zero desire to get married or ever have kids. It took me calling off my THIRD engagement to recognize that marriage and monogamy just aren't for me.

I ended my last engagement about a year and a half ago. In fact, I was driving away from my ex-fiancee's house with my stuff in a moving truck while listening to the episode where Keith and Chemda announced their breakup. It was all very cathartic.

About 6 months later, I met a guy I absolutely LOVE and ADORE being around, but having just exited my last committed relationship, I was reluctant to go from one monogamous relationship to another. I've been honest with him from the beginning... I'm not into monogamy, marriage, or kids and was this going to be a problem? He said no, but that he wanted to be exclusive for now, to which I agreed, so long as he was willing to discuss it in the future.

Of course, it only took a few months for me to see that our relationship was headed down the same monogamous-marriage path that I knew would destroy our relationship. I really didn't want to lose him, but I am REALLY not capable of monogamy. So lots of talking later, we decided to open things up.

I've tried to be as careful as possible, preferring he make the first move and working on building his trust in me and building his confidence in our relationship. I gradually nudged things along, making an effort to push boundaries but without compromising his trust and confidence. (Like setting him up with a friend of mine so he could see that I REALLY was okay with him fucking other women.) A first, he was pretty reluctant (let's just say the women who came before me can all go fuck their lying, cheating selves), but I have lived up to my word that I'll always be honest with him. Gradually, he began warming up to it.

It's taken a lot of understanding and discussion, but we reached the point now where I am involved in my DREAM relationship, with an amazing (AMAZING!) partner who is so supportive and trustworthy! He's confident, charming, engaging, and full of adventure. (*insert personal shite about our fucking amazing sex life here, of course*) When we discuss our relationship now, it's things like, "I need advice on how and when to tell women I meet that I have a girlfriend," or "Is it rude if I put your stuff under the sink. *so-and-so* knows about you, but I don't want her to feel uncomfortable." A complete 180 for our relationship. I feel so lucky that he was willing to go down this path for me... I don't take our love for each other for granted and hope my actions show him how important he is to me. I couldn't be happier, and while I don't want to speak for him, I'm pretty sure he's just as happy.

Anyway... my apologies for writing this total novel about my life, but bottom line is that it's possible to have a healthy open relationship and to find someone who will support your desire to explore. Good luck!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #56 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandsparkly View Post
I'm only halfway through the episode, but, damn... I want to reach through my iphone and hug you, Myq.

Anyway... my apologies for writing this total novel about my life, but bottom line is that it's possible to have a healthy open relationship and to find someone who will support your desire to explore. Good luck!
Thanks, I'm super glad, and good luck trying to sell that novel! I get 10%.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #57 (permalink)

Myq,

Open relationships can work. I've been in one for about 2 years and it works great. But it doesn't sound like both parties are involved, so you might want to check that. Mine is very successfully, we each have our own "playmates" and sometimes we share. It has really helped our relationship blossom not only sexually but emotionally too. We have become more open when it comes to talking and there is a lot less jealousy. Haters gonna hate, but you have one person who supports you.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #58 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
oh my that's some funny shit right there.
3am and I'm too bored to drink any more, maybe I should go to bed.
Yeah, it was hillarious. A bunch of early 20s guys going, "what is this Keith and the Girl show? They keep beating us for the top podcast"

So I went over to have a listen and haven't turned back =)
Old 10-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #59 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk_Heiress View Post
Myq,

Open relationships can work. I've been in one for about 2 years and it works great. But it doesn't sound like both parties are involved, so you might want to check that. Mine is very successfully, we each have our own "playmates" and sometimes we share. It has really helped our relationship blossom not only sexually but emotionally too. We have become more open when it comes to talking and there is a lot less jealousy. Haters gonna hate, but you have one person who supports you.
Thanks! I am happy to hear, legitimately, for your sake and my future sake.
Keep it up!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #60 (permalink)

I had the same symptoms after a weekend of partying. Heart was racing out of my chest, blood pressure off the charts and numbness in my fingers. I tried giving it a day, but no change. I ended up going to the ER ... diagnosis ... something called Holiday Heart. Essentially tying one on too much and not hydrating enough. After being on an IV for awhile, things got back under control. However, the EKG revealed that I now have an irregular heartbeat most likely caused by this. Untreated this could lead to a stroke. I'm now on meds to keep my heartbeat they way it should be. I'm only 5 years older than keith and this happened a year ago.

CNN Article

Moral of the story ... have a glass of water after every 5 beers or so. And if you experienced these symptoms, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have an EKG at your next physical.

Ciao