Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Was that sperm donator selfish in regards to him donating so much sperm?
Yes 17 21.79%
No 61 78.21%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
You wouldn't need to get so specific. You can just say that maternal phenotypic facial expression is repressed in comparison to the fathers. How? I don't know but that's why stuff like this gets funding. Why? I refer you to my other post.
Agreed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

I donated sperm four times over the course of a month when I was in between jobs and needed the rent money. I don't feel bad, guilty, or selfish about doing it, the little guys were going to end up in a wad of tissue paper anyway and I was providing a service to those who wanted children. It was a very nice place that required results from an IQ test before being allowed to donate and they wouldn't accept me after a certain number of donations. I have no idea what that number is, I was back on my feet before hitting the cap. If one of my seeds became someone, and they felt the need to come look for me for some sense of self. I would be more upset that these people paid more money for high-IQ sperm and got a dummy who doesn't understand that some guy who jerked off into a cup is probably not the person you want to ask life questions. I have friends that never met one of their parents just because they were assholes and left, and they usually could give a shit about the missing parent and they are the ones that truly should have a reason to want a conversation with them. As for the issue of accidental incest the place I went to shipped the spunk pretty far to take care of that. Assuming that the places this guy went to donate are the same the odds of any of these siblings meeting are slim let alone fucking without protection.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #23 (permalink)

The whole debate about taxing the rich is overlooking a very important point — the tax rate on the rich is only going increase slightly. Not even 1% increase on income tax. But that 1% makes such a colossal difference to the tax revenues.

There's also some loopholes they want to close such as Social Security. In this case, the super-rich are only paying SS on the first $250,000, nothing over that. If they contributed SS money for all their income, the Social Security fund would have a lot more money available. (Considering Bush and co. borrowed literally Billions from the SS Fund, we need to start filling that shit back up.)

One of the most unfair constructs in our government is how corporations don't pay taxes. They have their headquarters off-shore, and they get subsidies to end up sneaking around taxes. In some cases, they actually _get_ money from the government. There is no way that is normal, and for regular folks like cops and teachers being laid-off, it is ridiculous for a corporation to be paid billions in taxes when the city can't even spare $50,000 for a salary.

Last edited by scottperezfox; 09-30-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotron View Post
I donated sperm four times over the course of a month when I was in between jobs and needed the rent money. I don't feel bad, guilty, or selfish about doing it, the little guys were going to end up in a wad of tissue paper anyway and I was providing a service to those who wanted children. It was a very nice place that required results from an IQ test before being allowed to donate and they wouldn't accept me after a certain number of donations. I have no idea what that number is, I was back on my feet before hitting the cap. If one of my seeds became someone, and they felt the need to come look for me for some sense of self. I would be more upset that these people paid more money for high-IQ sperm and got a dummy who doesn't understand that some guy who jerked off into a cup is probably not the person you want to ask life questions. I have friends that never met one of their parents just because they were assholes and left, and they usually could give a shit about the missing parent and they are the ones that truly should have a reason to want a conversation with them. As for the issue of accidental incest the place I went to shipped the spunk pretty far to take care of that. Assuming that the places this guy went to donate are the same the odds of any of these siblings meeting are slim let alone fucking without protection.
Do they pay more for super-high-IQ, white tiger blood, Adonis looks DNA?
Old 09-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

How business taxes work

Your guest was right. Taxes on businesses are only on net profit - you'd need to make $200,000 or $250,000 after all expenses, including employee salaries and benefits. Only about 1% of small businesses make that much; most people incorporate for various reasons before they get to that point. And many small businesses are S-corps, which don't pay any federal income tax.

The problem is that most people don't understand how taxes work, and a lot of politicians encourage that ignorance because it makes it easier to rile people up.

Take tax brackets. Most people think that if you raise taxes on the $250,000 bracket 5%, then if you make $250,001 your taxes will go up 5%. In reality, it means Uncle Sam will take $0.05 of each dollar above $250,000, which means your taxes go up by only five cents. And that's only taxable income; if you have any deductions or credits at all you won't even hit the bracket. Even if you raised taxes by 10% on people making over $250,000, someone making, say, $300,000 of taxable income (after deductions, so probably actually making $350K or $400K) will only see their tax bill go up by $5K. If you are drawing $350K you can afford to pay $5K more.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Do they pay more for super-high-IQ, white tiger blood, Adonis looks DNA?
Unfortunately those symptoms share co-morbidity with long term narcotics abuse so you wouldn't get anything for that.

Last edited by Robotron; 09-30-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbailey View Post
I don't think the woman should be able to just name the father on the birth certificate. It should either be "Unknown" or "N/A" or the real father -- not just some name the woman pulls out of her ass that she wants as the father.
I absolutely agree, and I also believe that once you have sex and get pregnant, the fate of that fetus is up to both parents, not just the woman.

Keith started on a point about sperm that I wanted to elaborate on. Sperm are defensive. When guy 1 has sex with a woman and then a few hours later she has sex with guy 2, guy 1's sperm actually goes on the defensive and kills of guy 2's sperm. I think that is pretty cool. The woman's egg also has defenses and can be selective.

I'm fascinated with what the human body can do, especially when it ties in to childbirth. There are some really cool genetic things like certain chemicals that are released after you have a baby that makes the mom forget how painful it was so that she'll be willing to have more children. And that the pressure a child feels on their head as their being born stimulates hormones in their body, so that is why when a baby is born via c section, doctors will mimic the pressure on the skull to get those hormones going. So cool.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spats View Post
Your guest was right. Taxes on businesses are only on net profit - you'd need to make $200,000 or $250,000 after all expenses, including employee salaries and benefits. Only about 1% of small businesses make that much; most people incorporate for various reasons before they get to that point. And many small businesses are S-corps, which don't pay any federal income tax.

The problem is that most people don't understand how taxes work, and a lot of politicians encourage that ignorance because it makes it easier to rile people up.
I SO agree with that second paragraph. I feel half the people that are shouting DOWN WITH GOVERNMENT THEY ARE SUCKING US DRY WITH TAXES aren't in any way educated about how taxes work...and are probably benefiting from a variety of governement programs that are funded by taxes.

By the way, S-corps are starting to be targeted by the IRS. I was just audited and one of the big reasons was that I was an Scorp and the government is now seeing how people use those corporations to get away with not paying taxes.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
I'm fascinated with what the human body can do, especially when it ties in to childbirth. There are some really cool genetic things like certain chemicals that are released after you have a baby that makes the mom forget how painful it was so that she'll be willing to have more children.

That explains my friend's reaction to a birth that was so difficult her body actually forgot how to urinate and she had to wear a catheter for several weeks. She immediately wanted another baby anyway.

Every time one of my friends has a kid I learn another absolutely disgusting thing that I didn't know before. Like how almost every woman takes a massive dump right on the table, because of all the pushing.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:14 AM   #30 (permalink)

So the docs must be putting prolapsed anuses back in on a pretty regular basis.