Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you don’t like the president, do you still go to the White House with your team?
Yes 75 82.42%
No 16 17.58%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1470: Breaking Bad

"That's another reason that, that we were hesitant to talk about it. It's fucking embarrasing."

Costaki Economopoulos — The biggest name in comedy

David Temrick's Website
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I always learn more than usual when Costaki's on. Great stuff.

As for the poll, if I'm invited as an individual and I truly do not respect or believe in anything the President says, then I may not go. But if it's my team that was invited, it would be nice as a form of camaraderie and for appearance sake as well.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

I saw Ted Alexandro at #OccupyWallSt tonight.

He was beating on a drum.

That is all.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Occupy Wall Street

Here's a video and story sort of on what Keith was asking for - the "man on the street" explaining why they are protesting. I think this website is the actually a guy that was talking down towards KATG a few years back, but I may be mistaken. Both sides are extremists, so don't take anything as factual. They also didn't include anyone that clearly had no idea what was going on, but it is amusing that the interviewer can twist what the seemingly intelligent protesters are saying into something that is the complete opposite of what they mean.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Understanding the Wall Street protest is not a quick and comfortable ride for those new to the idea that the US has been fucking up BAD for the last 50 years.

Ignore the left/right, red/blue, ignore the TV, newspapers, radio and do some looking around. Together we can return to "America the Free". If only someone gave a damn...<and yes, I AM a Canadian, eh>

I like this paragraph from http://www.nationofchange.org/

We are witnessing a desperate time in the history of this country. Our people are jobless and enslaved by debt, being thrust into poverty without access to affordable education or healthcare. Control of the democratic process has been hijacked by corporate special interests. The plutocrats and oligarchs have seized control over the power structures, media, legal system, and institutions established to defend the American people.

We are locked into immoral, never-ending imperialist wars against outmatched nations who perceive us as pillagers and invaders. The will of the people is ignored by our government, which proves each day to be little more than a defender of the interests of the corporate state and an unfunny political spectacle designed to distract, dishearten, and disinherit our people of their rights and their treasure.

Many have given in to despair or cynicism; however there are those of us who attempt to fight back as the corporatocracy pushes our nation and global community ever closer to the brink of collapse. There are those of us committed to truth and social justice who peer behind the veil of lies and propaganda and who work to mobilize a people's revolution today at Wall Street and in the streets of financial districts across this country. In short, there are those of us who give a damn.

Will you support the people's movement?

Help NationofChange continue to fight for the interests of the people. Help us to expose the truth, organize for action, and magnify voices of change while cutting through the corporate lies.

And THAT is why people are on Wall Street getting arrested. Hope it helps. Ask away if you have any questions.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

No questions. I think I got it all. The next step couldn't be clearer.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Step 1: "Many have given in to despair or cynicism; however there are those of us who attempt to fight back as the corporatocracy pushes our nation and global community ever closer to the brink of collapse. There are those of us committed to truth and social justice who peer behind the veil of lies and propaganda and who work to mobilize a people's revolution today at Wall Street and in the streets of financial districts across this country. In short, there are those of us who give a damn."

Step 2: Domestic Terrorism: "the unlawful use of force or violence, committed by a group(s) of two or more individuals, against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

1----->2
Old 10-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Next steps? Good Question!

First step is to realize you have a problem.

Wall Street issues will be solved by restoring financial regulation - namely the original Glass-Steagall act.

Stop the wars. Now. Get off the Defense industry crack pipe. Stay strong but stay home.

6 tips to a healthy Canadian from a recent conference I worked on -

- don't be hungry
- live in a nice community
- get an education
- get good healthcare
- live in a healthy dwelling
- drink clean water

These 6 steps apply not only to you but your neighbours.

It is easy to despair when you realize that in most of the world all of the above are nothing but a dream.

Here in Canada - 400,000 people slept in a shelter last night.
Three million Canadians ( 1 in 10) live in unhealthy homes/neighbourhoods - most live on reserves.

And remember to be thankful for what you DO have - be it good health, family or friends.

"If it takes ten days to get lost in the woods it will take 10 days to walk out" - indigenous peoples wisdom 101
Old 10-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Step 2: [I]Domestic Terrorism:
Are you referring to the corporate lobbies or the protesters? I can't tell?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

in times of total crysis, like the ones we're into, i see a potential progression from protesting to terror. and i aint saying it in a judgemental way at all. i see domestic terrorism as the almost unavoidable final result of the actual situation

despair+general indifference+ mediatic manipulations= anger

anger+ the help of potential agitators who would profit from chaos = violent uprising

yes, also in the US