Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: If you don’t like the president, do you still go to the White House with your team?
Yes 75 82.42%
No 16 17.58%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #21 (permalink)

Someone please tell me Keith and Chemda have finally gotten married. I haven't heard the show in 5 years.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorbusker View Post
Someone please tell me Keith and Chemda have finally gotten married. I haven't heard the show in 5 years.
Actually, they did get married in August 2008.

Unfortunately, they broke up in October 2008, and revealed it to the world in May 2010.

This is an unintended consequence of the VIP status.

Maybe you guys should select 3 or 4 shows that are available for download always.

Last edited by PsychoLoco; 10-03-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Wedding info
Old 10-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
they broke up ages ago, had to keep it secret out of contractual obligations, revealed on air, lots of drama, everyone got over it, they have new relationships, separate homes, everyone is happy.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
...everyone is happy.
I think poorbusker might not be happy. I'm livestreaming the Amanda Knox verdict now, and I expect several people to be "" very shortly.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Chemda's into chicks now, Keith's into architects.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

Best KATG thread in forever. Thanks. I needed that. lmao.

See y'all in /chat soon.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech007 View Post
Best KATG thread in forever. Thanks. I needed that. lmao.

See y'all in /chat soon.
I'll have to toast you now.

/cheers

It's getting late here, and they just outlawed daylight savings, so I'll be even farther behind in a few weeks.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith, I'm sorry for coming into your science lab and knocking over a beaker or two. Actually, I think one was an Erlenmeyer flask.

Anyhow, I cast my vote incorrectly. I'm very sorry for my error.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLoco View Post
Why should I pay more for taxes for anyone else when I'm still trying to take care of me and my family?
YOU are not being asked to pay more in taxes.

There is a definite lack of coherence in this protest. They'd do well to focus on a few issues, like campaign finance reform (especially in the wake of the Citizens United ruling) or the massive corporate entitlements and subsidies that make welfare look like a pittance.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

As a person involved in 12 steps, I can say that while there are things everybody tends to do in terms of sponsorship, but that since there are no rules, it's completely up to the sponsee and the sponsor.

It's not unusual for a sponsor to call a sponsee a punk. Some sponsees I'd never cuss at, others I feel comfortable being more blunt with. I had a sponsee that I've called tons of names, but we had that kind of relationship. Still do, except as friends now since he left the program. It was never malicious, but I would definitely say things like "you're being an asshole" when he was being an asshole. That's how I view my role as a sponsor - to tell the truth, even when it's uncomfortable.

Although this is how I do things, some people would be appalled that I cussed at my sponsee, others would be appalled that I had a male sponsee, as the typical sponsor/sponsee relationship is between people of the same sex. Most people say this is to avoid love affairs, and that's probably part of it, but I also think that men and women generally have a different experience of the world, and can find it hard to relate to each other on the deep level that sponsors and sponsees do.

It's really unusual for someone to be a sponsor and yet not claim to be a member of the program that they're sponsoring. Although, again since there are no rules, a person can have anyone as their sponsor, it all depends on what they feel is best. It's more likely that the sister was embarrassed, or was trying to keep her brothers anonymity, as members of anonymous programs should never be identified in print.

As for living together, I've known sponsors that had their sponsees as roommates and visa versa. It's never ended well as far as I know, but since there are no rules, it's up to the people involved.

Anyway, I thought I'd add my 2 cents since you were wondering what role a sponsor holds.