Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will 'Occupy Wall Street' affect real change?
Yes 31 22.63%
No 106 77.37%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #51 (permalink)

I wish I had anything figured out. But all I did was stick to facts. I think it's fair for a younger person to correct someone when they say 2+2=10, regardless of age or experience, no?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #52 (permalink)

both

both parties are bad and they both hate dr Paul so that means he is Good

the federal Gov needs to get out of our lives
end the the drug
make marriage a state issue
stop the A.T.F. from writing guidelines that are enforced as laws
end the FED or at least let its charter run out in a few years
work to end the IRS it can be done
End the Wars
Old 10-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #53 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

This is news today:

"Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself. It is not someone's fault if they succeeded, it is someone's fault if they failed." -- Herman Cain, 2012 Presidential Candidate

I've got news for you:

"Sometimes we say, 'This guy is holding me back. This guy's being a piece if shit my life.' Hey, quit being a piece of shit to yourselves." -- Keith Malley, Episode 899, 91st minute.

Vote Keith/Chemda in 2012, 3 years ahead of today's Republican Frontrunners

Last edited by PsychoLoco; 10-06-2011 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Actually Mr. Cain, it actually is someone's fault if they succeed.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #54 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
... I think it's fair ... to correct someone when they say 2+2=10, regardless of age or experience, no?
<slurp>But 2+2 does = 10</slurp>. Base 4, that is.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #55 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Now, if i have to side wsith a protest, this one seems way more powerful and effective.

National upheaval: More than 300,000 protestors hit streets - Israel News, Ynetnews
Old 10-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #56 (permalink)

^^ I have a question. What is more powerful and effective by this one? Is it because it's 300,000 in one spot?

Occupy Wall Street is happening all over the country. Thousands of people in all the major cities and the amount of people and cities participating is growing. Washington's labor union has asked it's 42,000 members to join the Seattle one. Citizens that cannot be there are donating money, clothes, food, etc to those that are protesting. Companies like Jakpak are donating tents. October 15th the Occupy protest is going international with protests in Canada, Australia, South Africa, England, and probably more.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #57 (permalink)

protesting in tel aviv is way more risky and takes a lot more guts than a lot of the protests in america. i would be in favour of the occupy wall street movement if it was more about real people who are actually putting themselves at a risk with their protest.

instead i have a feeling that the ones doing this are pretty much the same people who were protesting against the dancing laws. people who would do any protest cause they can afford to.

to be clearer if i heard a person speaking for the protests dropping names and specific points, not showing at work to protest and facing arrests, i would root for them more. but i only heard hip kids whos eem to be saying "screw the man" with a lot of idealism and no actual intent

Last edited by Junkenstein; 10-07-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #58 (permalink)

There's also protests going on all over the country against the Federal Reserve. These protests actually have a mission and a point to get across. To bad they're being overshadowed by a vague angst.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #59 (permalink)

i think a lot of the spokespeople who are voicing the reasons behind the protest are doin a poor job. see, if ted, on this episode, instread of making about "a better world", actually was a bit more practical, i wouldve, personally, got the point better.

slogans are ok, but in the end there needs to be someone who actually speaks with specific points. "inside job" is a sad documentary but it explains why one should protest and who is to blame very well. there should be more of that.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
speaking for the protests dropping names and specific points, not showing at work to protest and facing arrests, i would root for them more. but i only heard hip kids whos eem to be saying "screw the man" with a lot of idealism and no actual intent
I think there is a reason you aren't hearing that though. Do you think the media wants to show interviews with people that would clearly state what is wrong and what needs to be fixed? Or do they want to portray them as a mob of hippies that say "screw the man" so that people don't take them seriously? Fox news interviewed someone with a civil war era hat on probably thinking he'd fit the "screw the man" stereotype. However when he actually did the opposite, the interview then never aired. It's all over the internet though and Jon Stewart gave him props on The Daily Show a night or two ago.

I just think it's being portrayed in a poor light. There's more to it and you're right, it does need more clear voices stating the protest and intent. I just don't think a lot of the voices that are capable of doing this are getting the opportunity.

Thank you for educating me on the Tel Aviv protest.