Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you eat horse?
Yes 62 55.36%
No 50 44.64%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
its got a slightly stronger taste than veal and its a bit rough to chew but its good. there's even some stores who only sell that here.
I refuse to eat veal and would definitely not eat horse. I used to equate it to how smart the animal is, you can see the horse's soul when it looks at you, but pigs are really smart, so I can't use that defense anymore. I think it comes down to how many people use them as pets.

Dogs, cats, horses, no way, no eating.

And Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken is an AMAZING movie...glad Lauren brought that up!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

happy birthday Chemda!

I'd try horse once but I'm quite content with chicken, cow, pig and lamb. I get bored of eating too and often just think of it as fuel. We pay extra to get a food plan delivered to us so we don't have to think about it.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #23 (permalink)

a horse ruined a good sweater of mine with its snot nose. i'd rather it on a bun. theyhavegiantheads.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:34 AM   #24 (permalink)

I've tried horse in Iceland, was "ok". I wouldn't NOT eat it but I wouldn't go out of my way.

How are we three pages deep with only one post about Chemda's and Lauren's sex clubbing? There's high fives going on people! Seriously, I think it's great that Chemda and Lauren's relationship is secure enough for that kind of situation (bringing it up to one another, going through with it, no jealousy etc).

I kind of like the idea of a sex club, but I honestly dont know how I'd react being surrounded by sex like that or how being with my partner would effect that experience. It probs wont come up, but I do wonder.

I'm in.
aka Straight Edge Greg
Old 12-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
I refuse to eat veal and would definitely not eat horse. I used to equate it to how smart the animal is, you can see the horse's soul when it looks at you, but pigs are really smart, so I can't use that defense anymore. I think it comes down to how many people use them as pets.

Dogs, cats, horses, no way, no eating.

And Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken is an AMAZING movie...glad Lauren brought that up!
People keep pigs as pets all the time.

Just realize your decisions are based on a subconscious submission to local customs and don't try to justify it morally.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
People keep pigs as pets all the time.

Just realize your decisions are based on a subconscious submission to local customs and don't try to justify it morally.
I know that there are some people that keeps pigs as pets, but certainly not as many as keep horses. Saying people keep pigs as pets ALL THE TIME is a little extreme. The horse to pig as pet ratio is probably leans heavily towards horses.

The only thing I justify morally is not eating veal.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
I refuse to eat veal and would definitely not eat horse. I used to equate it to how smart the animal is, you can see the horse's soul when it looks at you,
Yeah, I see their soul, and it's a really stupid one. Fuck 'em.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

souls are made up. if you see something, its soemthign youre making up in your own head. And its unfair to say that one animal is smarter than the other. A horse isnt smarter than a cow. the main reason for so many people obsessing over horses is that hollywood and tv have made so many stories about boys/girls and their firiendships with horses.

Another example is how during the success of "Babe", there were a lot of children who asked her parents to save piggies from the slaughter cause they thought piggies were cute and intelligent.

discriminating on which animal is ok to eat and which isnt, is hypocritical. very close to some sort of discrimination

"living being A is smart so it shouldnt be killed, living being B isnt, so i dont really care"
Old 12-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
discriminating on which animal is ok to eat and which isnt, is hypocritical.
Why do you say that? I'm not telling anyone else what to do, I just don't want to eat certain things because I believe they're smart or I just like them, and a lot of other people who don't eat certain animals (or any animals) follow the same guidelines. How is that hypocritical?

Or do you mean making broad moral pronouncements that some animals are okay to eat and others aren't is hypocritical? Even then I don't think it's always true. Just because a lot of people like dogs doesn't mean that eating dogs is evil, but if a person truly believes that dogs are special, that they have a soul or that they're intelligent or something like that, then I don't see how it's hypocritical to take a moral stance.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #30 (permalink)

Hate the whole singing charade at restaurants. Like Lauren was saying, at the very least, just a quiet "here's your cake, I won't embarrass you" is all I need. Plus, I feel pity for the staff, having to feel obligated to participate in that nonsense. I don't want/need it, you don't want to do it, let's just not.