Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does everybody's parents affect them their whole lives?
Yes 101 84.17%
No 19 15.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You're completely in denial about how fat you are.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

Angela Grimes was the name of the email sender? Who the hell is that?
Old 12-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

At a certain point it's important to realize and move past the damage your parents did to you. If you can't forgive, just move on. And remember; maybe you were a shitty kid.

I've dug enough ditches, performed minor roof repair and scrubbed the street for no real reason far too many times to count. This doesn't make me hate shovels and brooms as an adult. Because most of my punishments revolved around manual labor I'm an ace when it comes to handyman work.

Some things do last. My father woke my brother and I up by throwing water, picking us up and throwing us out the bed, or his favorite.... a foot in your ass. I still wake up in a shock and jump out of bed like I'm waiting on my list of chores for the day. But I'm working on it.

For all those going home for the holidays; just remember you're grown now and it only lasts a few days.

.. I DRIVE FAST
Old 12-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Angela's Message

Keith,
I think that Angela's rejection from the forums stems from the back and forth you had about a tweet that you posted in mid-September. You wrote something like:
It's not delivery ... your Mother's a NIGGER CUNT.

If this is the same person, she questioned you about that Tweet on a Show Forum from a show that day and you responded to her posts by asking her to write it on another thread because you wanted the Show Forums to be based on that show only. If I recall correctly, you asked her to stop two or three times then deleted her comments. I am a relatively new listener (I've only been listening for about 9 months) and that Twitter comment shocked me, but I respected your space after you asked to keep the show forum "pure", and I joined the chat later on and I asked you about it. I think you asked me if I thought that you were really a racist.

Anyway it's too bad that Angela was unable to articulate her thoughts more succinctly, because even crazy people have a lucid thought every now and then.

It's also too bad that the Tweet, while it may have been taken out of context (although I don't know how you could spin it in any appropriate way), may have really alienated some your sane fans (of any color).
Old 12-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #15 (permalink)

I think that it was where I was raised rather than who it was that raised me that affected my upbringing.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

My parents really affected me. I've overcome a lot, but I still carry them around with me. On the outside, I have a good job, I act responsibly, people like me and I'm in a healthy relationship with a great guy. But every day, in order to make that happen and in order to keep that happening, I struggle against my true nature, which is irresponsible, self destructive and chaotic. All I want to do is to be a good worker, a good girlfriend and a good friend, but because of my abusive grandfather and my drug addicted parents, I frequently find myself in uncharted waters by just trying to live a good life. And I haven't spoken to my mother in 4.5 years. My life was actually more comfortable when I still spoke to her, since I feel so much more at home when I have some chaos in my life. Now that I don't have that, I've kind of been going crazy by myself, but I know that I'm healthier, even if it's uncomfortable. I've been in a 12 step program for 13 years and I'm trying to work it out in therapy as well.

EDIT: This was written on a very bad day. I'm actually not that desperate, although I do maintain that they have affected me. I just can't leave this here without qualifying it.

Last edited by marina; 12-17-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #17 (permalink)

Holy shit, Angela has more daddy issues than Keith!
Old 12-17-2011, 03:17 AM   #18 (permalink)

I really laughed today

Keith, you were so funny, today.
Well you all were of course.
And I love hearing Chemda lose it completely.

You know what I would love to hear?
Keith have that conversation that Patrick had with his Dad.
Well, not that exact conversation.

I would love to hear that and I'd love if you got a sound bite of him saying "Have you ever thought about getting a real job."

Hope you are all well and Chemda, I look forward to hearing all your shows when I get some more money. Not possible just now.

Thanks for the laughs,

Peter
Old 12-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

i heart Patrice

"So you don't think that havin' to wipe yer ass like a ninja, Keth Malley, affected you?"

Patrice Callender : KatG treasure : sexy black chick : hilarity bad-ass
Old 12-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

I don't really ever think about my parents or my childhood. Most of the time when I do think of being a kid, it's pretty positive. It's weird how much you people carry your parents around with you.