Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is a ring necessary?
Yes 66 46.15%
No 77 53.85%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

word congrats Keith very grown man of you.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

GET HER A RING!

How is she going to feel when her friends and family ask about it back in Ireland?

Even if it's made of silver; get her a ring.

It's tradition.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #13 (permalink)

Wait better question, did you ask her father for his daughter's hand in marriage?
Old 02-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

About a year ago Keith kept referring to being married, which was obviously a joke. I heard the Fiance thing the other day and just assumed it was the same thing, especially when everyone else in the studio just sort of let it slide.

I'm super excited on the "online wedding" that was suggested a few months ago. I have my outfit all picked out.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
It's all a matter of dealing with the expectations.
That is why I needed a ring. I was sick of people not believing that I was going to marry my husband. But I DON'T think it is necessary. Some of the rings I see on the brides I photograph are rediculous...my babysitters ring cost $14,000!!!!!

My husband wears his grandfather's wedding ring and we both wear celtic knot rings. I think a ring is important when you're married, but not necessary for the engagement...unfortunately, girls have made it necessary (well, some girls).
Old 02-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operababe View Post
About a year ago Keith kept referring to being married, which was obviously a joke. I heard the Fiance thing the other day and just assumed it was the same thing, especially when everyone else in the studio just sort of let it slide.
I think that was done on purpose...joke about it for a long time because EVERYONE was asking...and then once the heat blows off, then do it for real =)

Clever, Keith, very clever.

If I was to propose to someone, I would find a gorgeous antique ring. They just don't make them like that anymore. When I was in New Orleans, I was amazed at what you could buy for not too much money, and they were heirloom pieces from the homeland! I think there is even an antique engagement ring website with beautifully restored pieces of all prices.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

I am seriously debating changing my facebook status on April Fools just to send everyone a message.

Apparently you can't date someone for over 7 years in your 20s and not be pressured to get married. My Mom actually made reference to my biological clock the other day..... I'm 25.

I am anticipating getting my boyfriends Grandmothers ring someday. I think that would mean much more than him going out and spending a lot of money.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by operababe View Post
I am seriously debating changing my facebook status on April Fools just to send everyone a message.

Apparently you can't date someone for over 7 years in your 20s and not be pressured to get married.
I don't think that the people you want to send the message to would appreciate the joke...but I understand why you want to do it.

I had friends in this situation and every time someone asked when they were getting engaged, she would start saying outrageous reasons, or simply saying they were already married...things like that. Eventually, people stopped asking.

She is the same girl that when she was pregnant, a stranger rubbed her belly in the grocery store. She turned to him and said, "my turn!" and rubbed his beer gut. Awesome.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #19 (permalink)

I didn't think Keith was joking. For one, Keith and Cat always seem very much in love (however I can deduce that thru the show) so I've been kinda expecting this announcement. Two, Cat's ex was on that show, so it would be kinda an extra dick move to make that joke with him there. Three, I don't know exactly how, but I feel Keith and Cat are ready to get their first marriage out of the way.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #20 (permalink)

Smile Congrats!!! & the ring

Congratulations and all my best thoughts are out to the two of you as you start your life together.

as for the ring . . . someone mentioned a claddagh ring

I have seen people use them as their wedding bands but I Google'd it and there are some nice ones with set stones (you don't have to go diamonds)

depends on what Cat likes.

anyway. . . .

It will be something that is a part of the memory of this time in your lives together. You should do it at some point soon and pick it out together. It is all part of the bonding process. Don't skip it.

I will be married 22 years this July and still going strong so I wish you all the best.

One last thought, I am curious what your parents said when you told them.

Bart