Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Cat's brothers be invited to Keith's bachelor party?
Yes 119 76.28%
No 37 23.72%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Do you know that 75% is different than 100%?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde_Amazon View Post
Never mind.
Dude, just you just edit your comment? Now I want to see what you wrote before...
Old 02-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Oh my... I never knew about the Iceland thing. My dad's from an even more isolated group of island between there and Scotland and trying to trace your family tree there is terrifying. They should definitely implement something like that. There's even a classic novel from there where the townspeople flee screaming when they think they're being attacked by pirates, then throw a party when they realise it's a boat full of friendly Frenchman - no fear of any cousins on there.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Less Creepy - More Ring-y

Here's a suggestion for the next episode of KatG: Do Not Include Stories of Child Molestation. Jesus Fucking Christ, people - it's gettin' creepy. Even the submission for Keith's annual who-ha involved ped-o shit! Ugh. Also, whilst I'm bitching here, all you fans who are telling Keith a ring is 'no big deal' are not doing him any favors. Fuck yeah, Cat is gonna need a ring. WHY? Cuz this is America. Cat is going to become an American woman - and married American women not only have an engagement ring, they then have a wedding ring, as well. Do I think it's a ridiculous custom: hell fuck yeah, but your opinion doesn't matter when your a dude. This is women stuff and not only is Cat's mother gonna 'throw dirt' on Keith's good name; every woman who meets Cat, (if she doesn't have these rings) will do the same. For crying out loud Keith, Cat is younger, hotter, more educated, and probably too good for you. I say this sincerely, as a fan: give this wedding situation the attention it deserves. I'm guessing gummy worms and a DVD box-set of Homeland might impress some chick from a 3rd world country, but that's not the case here. You lucked out big time and I don't give a shit how many times she says 'it doesn't matter' ...that's a cheap female trick to see if your gonna do the right thing on your own! Don't fall for that shit. Little things build up to big things and breed contempt. Start off on the right foot. Finally, I hope Chemda somehow gets involved in this wedding. This 'sibling business' has got disaster written all over it. Ok. I'm done bitching. I kinda feel like an asshole, but I feel like everyone is terrified to tell you anything.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Here's a suggestion for the next episode of KatG: Do Not Include Stories of Child Molestation. Jesus Fucking Christ, people - it's gettin' creepy. Even the submission for Keith's annual who-ha involved ped-o shit! [More cunty shit.]
This is the only topic I can bring myself to comment on. On the parts I ignore, maybe someone else will weigh-in on.

First off, don't shorten "pedophile" to "ped-o". That just sounds a little too fun and lighthearted of a word for the disgusting act of kid-touching. Secondly, and I'm only speaking for myself here, these news stories bring attention to parents and adults in general to the fact that predators are everywhere. All adults have the responsibility to make sure innocent children are safe. The message, to me, is "Take the time to know who is watching your kids and take the time to pay attention to your kids." I promise that the hosts don't discuss these stories in order to glorify these sick fucks. Lastly, as far as my joke goes, that's the same point I'm making. (And I'm only explaining my joke because explanations only make jokes funnier.) I'm pointing out that sending unsupervised children door-to-door is incredibly irresponsible.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
All you fans who are telling Keith a ring is 'no big deal' are not doing him any favors. Fuck yeah, Cat is gonna need a ring. WHY? Cuz this is America. Cat is going to become an American woman - and married American women not only have an engagement ring, they then have a wedding ring, as well. Do I think it's a ridiculous custom: hell fuck yeah, but your opinion doesn't matter when your a dude. This is women stuff and not only is Cat's mother gonna 'throw dirt' on Keith's good name; every woman who meets Cat, (if she doesn't have these rings) will do the same. For crying out loud Keith, Cat is younger, hotter, more educated, and probably too good for you. I say this sincerely, as a fan: give this wedding situation the attention it deserves. I'm guessing gummy worms and a DVD box-set of Homeland might impress some chick from a 3rd world country, but that's not the case here. You lucked out big time and I don't give a shit how many times she says 'it doesn't matter' ...that's a cheap female trick to see if your gonna do the right thing on your own! Don't fall for that shit. Little things build up to big things and breed contempt. Start off on the right foot. Finally, I hope Chemda somehow gets involved in this wedding. This 'sibling business' has got disaster written all over it. Ok. I'm done bitching. I kinda feel like an asshole, but I feel like everyone is terrified to tell you anything.
To be honest, I'm tempted to agree with you on some of this....but Cat met Keith through the show. She knows who he is. They've gotten to know each other pretty well obviously, and I don't think they would be engaged if she was the type of girl that played games when it comes to big stuff like this. If Cat says it's not a big deal, then I think she means it. Plus he's going to get her a ring. He just didn't have one when he proposed. She's not going to have to go around the rest of her life explaining to people why she has gummy worms tied around her finger.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #17 (permalink)

I lied. I have more to say, Enunciated Piffle.

No one here is terrified of saying what they want. The majority of us realize that we have been invited into someone's home (at one time, literally into their home) and into their lives at no cost to us. We are all here by choice. And the lot of us realize that. Who voluntarily comes into someone's home and starts shitting all over the place?

While it is tough to find a flaw in your "This is America!" argument, I may have found a weak point. I read your profile and you list "Bill Hicks?" as one of your interests. While I don't have a clue as to why that is a question, I will nevertheless make my point off of that.

Bill Hicks burned an American flag. He didn't burn a flag for any anti-American reason. Part of his act was explaining what the flag represents. Old Glory is a visual representation of the United States of America being free of oppression and repression. This means Americans are provided the freedom to actually burn the American flag as well as to decide not to feed into the societal norms of wearing wedding bands just because it is what is expected of them. So, if a couple is weighing the options of actually not wearing jewelry that shows they are in a committed relationship, whether it be for monetary reasons or for simply thinking engagement and wedding rings are a silly tradition, that's on them, you entitled prick.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklXbns View Post
So, if a couple is weighing the options of actually not wearing jewelry that shows they are in a committed relationship, whether it be for monetary reasons or for simply thinking engagement and wedding rings are a silly tradition, that's on them, you entitled prick.
OWNAGE!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

The whole proposal was cute but i feel like if it had been anyone else doing it and keith was hearing about he'd be making fun of it for 10 solid minutes on the show. "OHHH AND SHE'S SUPPOSED TO FUCK YOU AFTER YOU GAVE HER A GUMMY RING AND PRETEND THAT SHE'S MARRYING A GROWN ADULT??!?!"
Old 02-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Cat met Keith through the show. She knows who he is. .
Agreed. It just concerns me that Keith said, "We should have a ring by the time we see her parents" THAT, combined w/ Chemda's..'tone'..suggests Keith may need some help and advice on this one. I'm a guy...I seriously was trying to offer up what I view as good advice. Everything will be fine. It does confuse me the way Keith went about this whole engagement, though. He always put off this sort of 'traditional American guy' vibe. You can tell he's crazy in love though. It'd be nice to hear Cat weigh-in. I know she's been on show a few times, but I don't know anything about her other than her age. Hell, I could write a 3 page bio on Lauren!