Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you racist?
Yes 27 25.71%
No 78 74.29%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

I read The Hunger Games before the movie was announced and i had always pictured Rue as black (i am white) so when i saw a black girl was cast to play her i had no problem with it. However when i saw Lenny Kravitz was playing Cinna i thought i could have a problem with that, not because of his race but because of his acting ability. i have yet to see the film.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

I'm, HONESTLY, surprised that Keith brought up the Tayvon Martin story without all the information that has came out since the show aired. No disrespect to Keith, I just assumed he would came with ALL the information.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

The same shit happened when GTA San Andreas came out. I remember reading a bunch of video game forums where white kids bitched about having to play as a black character. It was insane and disturbing and now I know everyone is racist.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

I just got into a debate with co-workers about the pronunciation of GIF. The inventor specified the pronunciation as "jiff", which is what I say. I think it's about 70%/30% in the inventor's favor.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I hope My Name Is Keith will be a real show and not just a one-time parody.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

This stuff about how Rue being black ruined the Hunger Games is just plain stupid. I can see reading the book, and picturing her differently. I actually pictured a latina with a dark complexion, but I'm not really surpised I "got it wrong." The only discriptors we had were that she was like Prim, but with dark skin. With that, the only way to get upset is if she was obese or 6 feet tall. Although, that would make the bits where she's jumping from tree to tree (that's in the book, I haven't seen the movie) a LOT more ridiculous and unbelievable, which I honestly thought it was pretty bad in the first place. Even then, it's just a movie. I expected it to be a lot dumber than the book, anyway.

I was in the 3rd grade when I read the first Harry Potter book, and I pictured Dumbledore as a middle-aged, clean shaven man (blame it on poor reading comprehension, it was my first real book). When I saw the movie, it was jarring to basically see Gandalf from Lord of the Rings walking down the street. It didn't upset me, and it didn't ruin the movie.

These people are stupid and racist, and a bunch of them are that way for the sake of being stupid and racist.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I hope My Name Is Keith will be a real show and not just a one-time parody.
I hope for the same thing with all my heart. Not like those other people who only hope it with part of their heart.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Not like those other people who only hope it with part of their heart.
I only hope with my right ventricle.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottperezfox View Post
I just got into a debate with co-workers about the pronunciation of GIF. The inventor specified the pronunciation as "jiff", which is what I say. I think it's about 70%/30% in the inventor's favor.
Was this debate done in fun accents or entirely with references from "The Simpsons"?

For you at work, I bet everything is coming up Millhouse. Know wha' I mean?
Old 03-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

I just got back from seeing The Hunger Games, and just now heard about all the racist comments on Rue. I never read the books. I saw the movie because the concept looked interesting, so I went it without any bias on what I thought the characters would look like. I thought the actors were very well cast. I thought Rue was a great character and I welled up a little when she died. Same with Cinna and Thresh, I thought they were great characters, played by great actors. That being said, in the movie, none of them are the main characters. It's like complaining that you pictured Neville Longbottom to be a little fatter.