Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: the "SLAVES, OBEY YOUR MASTERS" billboard
Thumbs up 53 50.96%
Thumbs down 51 49.04%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1563: I Saw the Sign

"Nobody's crack of the ass looks that good."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

They didn't miss their mark with this billboard. It is no longer just a billboard. Now it is not just a "moment in time" or whatever. People well beyond Harrisburg are seeing it for as long as they want well after the billboard's been taken down. Plus they get to hear all the dumb things people say about it.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

More Photoshop fun:

Attachment 60156

Last edited by sklXbns; 09-02-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

I fail to see what dumbass thought this would be a good idea. When you see a black person shackled with the subtext "Obey your master", it kind of takes your mind away from religion. The venue of the billboard was questionable as well. However, I think this is what they WANTED. Media attention.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's easy to come on here and post whenever you disagree with Keith so I thought it only fair to post something when I think he's right on. It's been great listening to the back catalogue (VIP baby!) and hear Keith gradually throwing off the religious shackles to where he is now a great spokesman for free thinking and atheism. His points have been so spot on this year that I hurt my neck nodding along in agreement.
If the billboards offend religious people, so what? I've been offended enough in my lifetime by foetus picture caring pro life jerks and changeable church sign slogans. Especially when they try and take a smug did at atheists which only make them look more silly.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Amen and agreed, WittyReference. I'm with Keith as well and would also like to extend that to the ONE atheist group. Here's where I'm confused, why are there MORE than one? Seems silly and far too similar to all the different factions of the monotheistic religions. Also, Ben Lerman: still awesome.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hoodies don't kill people

While it's true that a woman doesn't deserve to be raped regardless of what they're wearing it's also true that most people who see a scantly clad woman generally assumes she has low morals and/or easy.

Tiger Woods being a black golfer who's trying to get back into the master's tournament that's not racist.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

No one will ever beat my poll. I am glad something came of my broken heart. We should have a KATGuh for best poll at the end of the year. And I will win. (sadly)
Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unohisname View Post
No one will ever beat my poll. I am glad something came of my broken heart. We should have a KATGuh for best poll at the end of the year. And I will win. (sadly)
That also appears to be a grammatically correct post! My book must be helping.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Keith is right!

The billboard is not like an ad. They aren't trying to sell something to every person like beer or walmart. It is for those few who will get it that THE BIBLE TELLS SLAVES TO OBEY! Some people will be smart enough to get it and bless the people who were brave enough to get this idea out to those who are receptive. It's nice to hear macho "fuck you" type voices like Keith spreading these ideas. Too many wimpy sensitive types like me spreading these messages.