Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Benjamin and TJ together forever
Ruff 91 66.91%
Rough 45 33.09%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #41 (permalink)
Ion
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
Did anybody else think Benjamin sounded like Myq Kaplan?
Yep, I definitely though "this guys sounds like Myq" while listening to the show.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #42 (permalink)

Haters

Like any content available out there in the world . . . .

there is always an off button/switch/swipe . . . . .

Last edited by Black Bart; 04-24-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReshinaLynn View Post
These haters make me sad. I'll admit, I didn't really know how to respond when I found out Ben was one of the partners in the dog couple when we met this weekend but he turned out to be one of the most awesome people I met. I'm glad to call him a new friend. I honestly think it is people like Ben who do make this world a better place. I wish them tons of happiness.
Thank you so much! The feeling's mutual! *Muah*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyAnne View Post
What is your negative comments going to do anyway? Possibly hurt the people you are talking about. That's some good karma you got going on.
1.) We were prepared for haters... I'm actually surprised that, here and in life, we don't get hated on more often. 2.) With all of the love we've gotten, haters don't even make a dent. 3.) I actually want to know why that person thinks we make the world a worse place.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzzmo View Post
A person can be annoyed and disturbed by something someone else does or says, but that doesn't equal hate. Just a disconnect. Hate implies hostility toward another person.
Well you sound like a cunt. And cuntiness is something I find mega annoying and totally disturbing. Not hating, just saying.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #45 (permalink)

Considering I think I've read one person in this thread be a "hater", everybody nebulously addressing them as "those who are haters" followed by a broad proclamation of disapproval seems pretty silly.

Or, if all of you are browbeating spazzzmo for saying she was repulsed by this show, all of you can fuck off and die. I don't care what insane nonsense two people want to gin up to do with each other, but that's because I believe anyone can do anything and think anything so long as they respect the rights of others to do anything and think anything. If any of you are treating spazzzmo's post as "hating", you are clearly disagreeing with my notion of equitable respect and are instead pushing one bias over another, but with the distasteful flourish of claiming that your bias is equitable respect. You are disapproving of the thought of disapproving thoughts.

The best way rights and respect will be secured for people like Benjamin and TJ is if you try to promote the message that it is okay to be repulsed and feel uncomfortable because of what they do, but that is a personal feeling and shouldn't dictate their status as individuals. People just being repulsed by Benjamin and TJ don't put distance between us and that idea. People who squander that opportunity by just indulging in another hatred do. This is why this country continues to struggle with civil rights like gay marriage: not because the supporting logical and moral concept isn't out there, but because people like those in this thread who were entrusted with spreading it failed us and mucked it up with their own agendas.

So round of applause, everyone. It's still not okay to be a certain way or think certain things and nobody learned anything. Hooray.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 04-18-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Changed a semi-colon to a colon. Silly me! Why did I even put that there? These are the sorts of things I care about.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #46 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward's Screen Name View Post
This episode gives new meaning to the phrase dog eat dog!
Old 04-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #47 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappbrannigan View Post
I mean, really, throw these guys a bone!
Ba-dum-bump.

Quote:
Did anybody else think Benjamin sounded like Myq Kaplan?
I didn't, but I was having a really hard time telling them apart.

I don't get the whole, "shutting the episode off," thing. Mostly it made me chuckle. Do I have any interest in their lifestyle for myself? No. Did I enjoy listening to it? Absolutely. And kudos to Keith and Chemda for interviewing them in their typical comedy talk show style.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Well you sound like a cunt. And cuntiness is something I find mega annoying and totally disturbing. Not hating, just saying.
I didn't come here to fight. The guests chose to share this aspect of their lives with us, and the forum is a place to share feedback and honest reactions to it. I have no idea what makes having an honest dialogue about a taboo subject that was suddenly just presented to us "cunty."

Last edited by spazzzmo; 04-18-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

so hating is saying "i felt uncomfortable?"

i am a hater then.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I think saying that you are disgusted by someone is pretty harsh. Just my opinion.