Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you or will you see The Avengers in a theater?
Yes 60 60.61%
No 39 39.39%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
SPOILER

So The Hulk can turn into The Hulk when he wants and therefore control it. But he won't get so angry at every bad guy beating on him that the bad Hulk will come out and he'll beat the shit out of his friends, too? He's able to be cute and playful and give Thor a little poke in the face (and smirk at it) after all that anger is swirling around? Doubt it!

I'M NOT BUYING YOUR LIBERAL HOLLYWOOD AGENDA!
When i watched the movie the impression i got was Bruce Banner was never, or rarely able to control the Hulk but through the course of the movie and i think specifically his interactions with Tony Stark, realizes that if he embraces the Hulk instead of fights the Hulk he can guide him in the right direction and make sure the Hulk hurts the right people... most of the time (see Thor )
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Amazon.com: What to Expect When You're Expecting, 4th Edition (9780761148579): Heidi Murkoff, Sharon Mazel: Books is a really good book when you are expecting.

Can we "expect" a sequel?

Amazon.com: What to Expect the First Year (9780761152125): Heidi Murkoff: Books
Old 05-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

Grammu

I've been listening to KATG for years. I think episode 5 was the first I listened to, but I'm finding it hard now, I bought the book, can't get behind the VIP.

I think my problem is that years ago there was no Podcasts, but now the quality of content is so much better among other podcasts (as opposed to Dawn and Drew), keith is starting to sounding boring, I'm embarassed to listen in front of my girlfriend, it's just all so idiotic and bigoted. Chemda's stuff is interesting, her views are emphatic and realistic, but I find it hard to listen to keith any more. It's just uninformed, tired, offensive for the sake of it. I think it actually belittles Chemda's personality.

I feel bad about typing this, they have both given me a lot of joy and entertainment, but now, I look at the calender and if I see it's just Keith and Chemda I skip the episode.

Seriously I feel bad about this, but I think the format needs to change, I think it's become stale, I think we're hearing the same ideas and arguments (point's of view/opinions) again and again, Now I know it's free and what the fuck do you expect. I expect fuck all, I was amazed and invigorated by then at the beginning, it was like nothing I had heard before (I live outside USA so have never listened to Howard Stern or any shock jock).

Anyway, I feel bad expressong this opinion, I'm still a fan and want to hear more, but for me the best episodes are with interesting guests (or any guest, my tone just in case it's not apparent is encouraging, not sarcastic) but I think things need to be re-assesed, is the format strong enough, basically other podcasts sound fresher and more intersting.

Am I off the map here or or does anyone think I have a point?

With love and encouragement G. xxxxx
Old 05-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

It was a good run.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamo View Post
I've been listening to KATG for years. I think episode 5 was the first I listened to, but I'm finding it hard now, I bought the book, can't get behind the VIP.

I think my problem is...blah blah blerg
Man you really feel bad. How bad do you feel? That bad? Jeeze, lighten up why don't you. Maybe you just out grew it. Don't feel so bad- no one really cares what you think

On an intern note:

I am a young 20 something and worked as an intern at a local non-profit this semester. I had to call and ask several companies for donations for an event and would always get really nervous before and during the call. I felt stupid asking. I felt like they already had it in their minds to say "no" to whatever I said. A few times I tripped all over my words and ended up sounding unprofessional and idiotic.

I guess because this was my first time in legit communication position I put a lot of doubt in my ability to talk to a stranger on the phone. It was like I automatically assumed they could tell I didn't know what the hell I was doing by the tone of my voice. Before calling and making any more requests I actually wrote out a "script" to use while one the phone. I only used it until I got into the swing of the calls, but it really helped.

I feel so much more comfortable chatting over text than I do over the phone, and I know thats because I can always edit my words before pressing send. Once you get on the phone it's like everything you say is permanent and you can't get off the line until the other person says goodbye.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

These are the kinds of assholes denying gays basic civil rights

Old 05-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I've been listening to KATG for years ...
I feel you in some ways - particularly that the podcast competition is orders of magnitude better now than was available in '05 and that as a dirty foreigner hearing something as unbridled as KATG was novel - but I've never skipped a show and haven't even felt slightly tempted to. I even agree that the shows with guests are more fun because of the variation - even a full-time pro like the King Of Podcasting himself brings daily guests in for this reason - but on the flipside I think Keith and Chemda are better than ever at doing it guestless and they're also as good as anyone else when it comes to that.

And any time you think Keith might be genuinely bigoted you just have to ask yourself why Keith not only has plenty of minority friends, but why he continually chooses to work with minorities. Did you ever hear him complain about his previous interns - Jess, Potato or Newsy - the way he complains about Danny "Lily-White" Hatch?

Not only that but one of the KATG TVs is a chilli cook-off. MEXICAN FOOD FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
And any time you think Keith might be genuinely bigoted you just have to ask yourself why Keith not only has plenty of minority friends, but why he continually chooses to work with minorities. Did you ever hear him complain about his previous interns - Jess, Potato or Newsy - the way he complains about Danny "Lily-White" Hatch?
This is a flawed argument. He expects more of the white person.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:

I feel that lately there's this big rant about comics hating Keith and Keith hating comics. Hopefully they're all just enjoying a little shitting-on-one-another-party the way Jesse does with Ray when deep down they still care about each other. Otherwise, I still love the show and don't know how I'd get through a day of newspaper layout without Keith and Chemda in my ears.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Hm. Possibly. I'm only about 3 yrs in, but this show has somehow become my religion. There are more podcasts, (some of them quite good) and it's only fair to point out to Keith and Chemda to stay up on their game. There's simply more competition out there. I would argue that the quality of guests and K & C's response to them have always been, and will continue to be, so unique that I will remain a life-long listener. I do have about 16 music and comedy podcasts downloaded M-F...it's hard to get to 'em all, but KatG always gets priority.