Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever heckled a comic?
Yes 8 8.89%
No 82 91.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhouse View Post
A waitress at the club swung me a free pitcher that night cause I was the man.
Shouldn't that be, "...I was DA man?"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

Paul was a great new guest. How long did it take him to actually leave the studio after the show? Did he keep coming back to make sure he didn't forget anything?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

Comics have a tough enough time on stage without me being a prick and contributing to the degradation of the event.

I saw Burr live a couple months ago and there was a drunk in the audience just being a general asshole type, eventually causing Burr to just tell him to shut the fuck up. Burr can easily handle himself with hecklers, but this one group just kind of ruined the flowing vibe of the night and contributed zero to the show.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

My girlfriend has that same car locking OCD. Everytime we walk away from the car we have to turn around and check it just to make sure it was locked. On the extreme side of things we had to turn back after a quarter of a mile walk just to make sure one last time. I've since told her to just double click the stupid thing so you hear the horn and that's helped...a little bit.

I've got the same sort of OCD Keith has. When it comes to television, movies, books, internet programs I have to see it in the proper order and I have to see all of it. I don't understand people who can watch an episode without seeing the previous weeks episode. The only times I can really think of that I abandoned a show before it had wrapped up were Heroes, Scrubs and House all three of which started out so good, and got so shitty that I gave up on them. Oddly if something starts out at 'ok' I will keep watching it because there is less of a high pedastal to fall from. The only time I don't go and experience the whole archive before getting the new one are...Doctor Who, Keith and the Girl and if the archive is gone. Doctor who has 50 years of continuity and while I'm making my way through, I still watch new episodes. Your show I started listening to only old episodes, then after two weeks started listening to one old and one new, which I did until VIP I came out. Just before that happened I took 2 hours and downloaded every single episode of the Keith and the Girl archive...which I abandoned only when my harddrive got destroyed. Heck, I spent a couple hours yesterday trying to track down Michael Carrino's Juvenile Braintrust after it was mentioned yesterday, before finally having to come to terms with it being scrubbed from the archives. I think I have a slight problem.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

He needs a keyless remote for his car so he can see the lights flash or hear the car horn beep when it complies with his lock request. Of course, he may need to invest in those little batteries for it since he'll probably click it 20 times.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #16 (permalink)

Slaying Comics... the Powerhouse way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Was your first arm broken as a result of "slaying" a comic, or from some other idiotic endeavor?
Nah dislocated my shoulder skin diving for abolone off the CA coast. I can assure all you haters everything is true. I am somewhat cursed with an incredible memory. I don't roll into to many comedy shows these days,12x a yr. but I still heckle the comics to keep them on their toes . That was just a one evening in Aug of 83.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:25 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
I can assure all you haters everything is true. I am somewhat cursed with an incredible memory.
That's the problem. It SHOULD be made up. If you're really bragging about this, you're just a low rent bully. Don't be proud of this.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:00 AM   #18 (permalink)

None of these people have actual OCD. One of the prerequisites for being diagnosed with OCD is having intrusive thoughts, for example they fear they are going to kill their wife or that the world is going to end.The OCD sufferer believes this stuff will happen if they don't engage in their compulsive behaviours, like washing their hands 20 times.It's a very bizarre disorder.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
... but I still heckle the comics to keep them on their toes . That was just a one evening in Aug of 83.
Oh my what a joy you must be to hang out with if you proudly proclaim that kind of bullshit
Old 05-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Face View Post
None of these people have actual OCD. One of the prerequisites for being diagnosed with OCD is having intrusive thoughts, for example they fear they are going to kill their wife or that the world is going to end.The OCD sufferer believes this stuff will happen if they don't engage in their compulsive behaviours, like washing their hands 20 times.It's a very bizarre disorder.
True...I believe my girlfriend's doctor used OCT, Obsessive Compulsive Tendencies.