Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: You kiddin' me?!
Keith's right! 69 47.92%
Chemda's right! 75 52.08%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New here View Post
The picture someone posted of Allen with Soon Yi as a little girl says it all. Sickening.
You mean this one?

That's not Soon Yi, that's his biological daughter Bechet Dumaine Allen.

EDIT: I'm only pointing this out for fairness. Call Woody Allen a creep all you want, I'll agree with you, but don't call him a pedophile unless you have evidence of it.

Last edited by zappbrannigan; 06-14-2012 at 09:59 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #72 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't know what you people are talking about. So, I'll attempt settle this.

If an adult is willingly using cocaine, that person knows, understands, and accepts the risks involved, be they self-inflicted or otherwise. The fault rests on the user.

Now, watching someone wreck their bicycle on a giant hill and doing nothing to help that person as well as being the active party in a vehicular hit and run which had the potential of seriously injuring or killing someone, are both worse than giving someone their own drugs.

Even still, kid-touching is worse than those three offenses.

I just now heard Keith mention Lisa's tumbling down a hill story.

Last edited by sklXbns; 06-14-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Listening to "Cat's Meow"
Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #73 (permalink)

Ethics

As a qualified philosopher (don't laugh), I naively hope my opinion on this will count for something. I agree with Chemda that a consensual relationship with a girl your girlfriend adopted (which we have no proof began before she was of age - she was 20 when she posed for the pictures) is not evidently worse, in moral terms, than attempting to murder your room-mate because you're not pleased with his behaviour.

There are strong arguments to be made for either act being worse than the other, but I think Keith was wrong to dismiss the comparison altogether. I expect the number of shits Keith gives about my opinion to be equal to the square root of fuck-all.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
whats the yeroll about again? i cant discuss stuff? i get it when its from picard, since hes a piece of shit, but i dont remember me and you having beef.

hey blitz, i think we both think the same on jerry lee lewis so i dont get what your post is about either

You seemed to indicate that like the Allen case, the "Jerry Lee Lewis thing" was not child abuse. Marrying a 13 year old is child abuse. That's what my post is about. (Allen was wrong, and Jerry Lee Lewis was even more wrong, IMO)
Old 06-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #75 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i did not say he is not wrong but he married her when she was of age and theres no substantial proof that eh abused her when she wasnt. so its not the same thign, at least not in alegally proven way.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
i did not say he is not wrong but he married her when she was of age and theres no substantial proof that eh abused her when she wasnt. so its not the same thign, at least not in alegally proven way.

Yup, I got that part -- no proof of underage things with Allen is your argument. That's precisely why I'm saying that the "Jerry Lee Lewis thing" is not equivalent. The Jerry Lee Lewis thing was outright child abuse, proven, no question about it.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #77 (permalink)

Woody Allen is one of the most horrible human beings in the world and deserves to be shot. Not for the whole Soon-Yi thing, I don't care about that, but for making Midnight In Paris.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #78 (permalink)

Ramifications

Also, I'm not sure Keith has considered what would happen to his music collection if he applied the same moral standards as he does for film directors. He'd have to lose Led Zeppelin for a start. Those guys were fucking debauched.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #79 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
hey hatch, i understand you need to agree with keith's points blindly cause thats what you do
pot calling the kettle black much?
Old 06-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #80 (permalink)

would you looky there!

Do more screen shots exist of my chat party sexy time? I was under the impression that no screen shots were taken, but if there were I would like to see them.