Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Whose side were you mostly on?
Chemda's side 60 25.53%
Tom's side 109 46.38%
KEITH MALLEY WOOOOOOO!!! 66 28.09%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes

Old 06-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1607: Allergic Reaction

"I'm like a modern man. Like I'm half a fag in this world."

Tom Shillue
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Guys, I'm a bigot.

but I'm also the most progressive [wo]man you'll ever meet. Ever.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I kept waiting for Chemda to make me aware of the other side of this. She almost always does i: I think I'm firmly on one side, that Keith (or whoever) is making sense and saying a true thing that I have (or have not) always thought and probably never said, and then she comes out with something I never have and never would have thought of on my own. But it never came on this one. It really was like she wasn't listening to what Tom was saying. Like she made up her mind and wasn't going to let him change it. Which is not the case, of course, but that's what it would have sounded like if I hadn't listened to 1600 other shows. So that it seems that way to Tom isn't shocking.

For serious though, this is one of those shows that will stay with me. Like Requiem For A Dream does with Chemda.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

For a lot of the conversation, Chemda was arguing against something Tom never said. He never said you need "one of each" to be the best parents, that straight couples are better at parenting than homosexual couples; he said that women are "hardwired" to be better caregivers than men, which would make a lesbian couple naturally better at raising kids than a gay (male) couple.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

I was on Tom's side, but I do think he dug quite a hole for himself. Yes men and women are different, but we don't always conform to the expectations that society has placed on us.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

He's unaware that he's pontificating.

Chemda is spot on. Tom has presented HIS experience as universal. This is a white guy thing. (in general) Even "progressives" fall prey to it. He proffered that a man should run home and spell his wife and she will blow him. Good for him. My experience was different. Every family has to cobble a system to work.
p.s. a current study points out that lesbian couples are better for children with regard to abuse. (the study is small and makes no allowance for education and income.) It really is off putting the unwarranted confidence he presents his "facts." I had to turn it off. I can hear this kind of bloviating on Fox.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yes that was the most annoying. He didn't have anything to back up what he was saying. And he just kept throwing in "biology" as an excuse. But I'm pretty confident that his knowledge of biology is limited.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Tom is saying true things that people don't like to hear. Chemda is so stubborn sometimes, and once she thinks she hears something that might be against her beliefs, she can't be swayed. Then, she becomes unprofessional and gives snide, rude comebacks to Tom. Yeah, that's how you make it big, like Fox News
Old 06-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I voted KEITH MALLEY WOOOO without heating the show, but it sounds like that was the "Jesus" writein on election ballots.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer09007 View Post
Yes that was the most annoying. He didn't have anything to back up what he was saying. And he just kept throwing in "biology" as an excuse. But I'm pretty confident that his knowledge of biology is limited.
Also, anyone who harps on about how it's "against biology" or "un-natural" needs to quit using airplanes and computers and telephones and quit living in buildings and wearing clothes and using money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I voted KEITH MALLEY WOOOO without heating the show, but it sounds like that was the "Jesus" writein on election ballots.
Fool. One should never vote without heating the show.