Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Myq and Micah's song be the bonus track on Keith's new stand-up CD?
Yes 63 80.77%
No 15 19.23%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4Likes

Old 07-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
And still listening.
I have this amazing power, I can disagree with people and still like them for other reasons.

Except McNally, fuck that depressing douche.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'd say how much I appreciate Mr Kaplan, but he does tend to resynthesise things unusually. So, in anticipation -

Haven't chuckled. So much. For a while. Now.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
I'd say how much I appreciate Mr Kaplan, but he does tend to resynthesise things unusually.
I'd say I appreciate your comment, but I haven't synthesized what it actually means at all, sincerely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonik View Post
Yes, he was whining.
And aren't you doing that now about him?
And aren't I doing that now about you? (Which isn't a problem for me. I love whining. I liked Keith's whining, and I like your whining because it gives me a chance to do MY whining. Everyone wins! Except for people who don't like whining.)

Quote:
Lots of foods look kind of gross when you're preparing them, so what if the end result is delicious?
That's fine. I just thought we were talking about how it looked gross. And how we didn't like things that looked gross.

Quote:
You do a lot of potato shopping in Singapore? Just because potatoes are a staple food in the US doesn't mean they're everywhere.
I just googled "Singapore potato shopping" and the first result was a place called the Potato Depot. So it seems like they have them.

Quote:
What this boils down to is you're jealous that you can't get tofu patties and tofuquito's off the 7-11 rotisseries isn't it.

By the way, who do vegetarians always try to make tofu taste like meat, then pretend it tastes that way magically and that the lab that came up with it is morally superior to the lab that created my instant potatoes & gravy machine?
Sincerely, I actually aim to not eat that much tofu or really processed foods in general. I personally prefer just mostly vegetables, and legumes and grains, in simpler forms, but I certainly don't begrudge anyone the right to eat whatever they want.

But also to answer your question about the moral superiority of labs that make vegetable products over labs that make your instant potatoes, which very likely include dairy which means likely torturous conditions for the animals... probably the torture. The lack of torture is what I equate with moral superiority.

But to your greater point which I already addressed, I believe, yeah, I'm not a fan of largely processed food in the vegan world either. I am consistently against gross things, for myself. Eat all the gross things you want, anyone who's not me! Just avoid torture when you can!

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I have this amazing power, I can disagree with people and still like them for other reasons.

Except McNally, fuck that depressing douche.
Not so amazing. But it doesn't really surprise you either, does it? I suspect sir is being a little playful.

And McNally 'rocks' - as I believe you youngsters say. So, ner to you.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Lots of foods look kind of gross when you're preparing them, so what if the end result is delicious?
Myq's onto something. Did you make that potato machine? The end result is delicious?

You're a goofball.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Myq's onto something. Did you make that potato machine? The end result is delicious?

You're a goofball.
Foodist snob. Your turn.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Foodist snob. Your turn.
I think it's hilarious to think of Keith as a snob.

(Sorry, I know it wasn't my turn.)
Old 07-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

That's true. I am at a point in my life where I can be choosy about the food I put into my body. 7-11 instant "potatoes" didn't make the cut.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myq View Post
I think it's hilarious to think of Keith as a snob.

(Sorry, I know it wasn't my turn.)
Linejumper!

And yeah, a guy who can down 40's in his sleeveless shirts as he tells people they don't deserve 3X clothes or soda's doesn't come off snobish at all, right?

What would be your preferred term? Judgemental? Where'd I leave my thesaurus....
Old 07-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

How much do you weigh?