Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is more gay?
Kristen Stewart 11 14.10%
This new generation of vampires 67 85.90%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Walker View Post
Is this supposed to be an argument against gun ownership? Pro gun control supporters would say right off the bat that letting people own that many guns in dangerous, but seriously it's not like she's going to shoot all of them at you at the same time... How many hands do you have? Count them!
I'm not against gun ownership. Like Keith, I enjoy using them on occasion just for entertainment, which has probably been only twice in the last 15 years that I can recall. I think that if you have a good screening process and make sure people lock their guns up when they aren't using them, they are safe. How many people die in car accidents a year but there isn't a huge lobby to get rid of cars? There are just lobby groups to make driving safer by better equipped cars, stricter testing, harsh penalties for DWI, etc.

I'll ask my friend, but I believe the real reason they have multiple guns that are identical is because they have this hobby as a family. The guns they only have 2 each of are older and were bought as a couple. The guns where there are 3 each are the two of them and one for their daughter, who they hunt and shoot with now that she's old enough. The single ones are the more expensive ones, like the mounted Browning .30 caliber (M1919A4). They've been together for a while, so they buy about 2-3 guns each per year.

I also have the GPS coordinates for his house in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hey look, Dane Cook did Keith's joke:

Dane Cook Jokes About Aurora Shooting on Stage Less Than One Week After Massacre
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Alright, it is an impressive gun collection... but I wouldn't say rabbit hunting unless I wanted to hear "you use assault rifles to kill rabbits?! OH MY GAWD!!" It's a collection of military looking firearms with two mini-14 or mini-30's in there, which someone would be more inclined to use to hunt rabbit, coyote, etc. People with a gun collection that large tend to put them in multiple gun safes, each safe costs about as much as one of the ar-15 rifles.

edit: A HUGE gun safe would cost about as much as an ar-15

Last edited by John Walker; 07-27-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

Interestingly enough, Fark.com is referring to the shooter as Sideshow Bob. I support this nickname.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Did anyone notice that the image Keith used for the show in reference to being slimmed is from a Canadian Kids show called "You Can't Do That on Television" not the kids game show they were talking about in the podcast?

I used to love that show when I was a kid.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

"I don't know."

Also, Alanis Morisette was on that show: http://www.ycdtotv.com/cast/index.php?p=morissette

Last edited by Blitzgal; 07-27-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Re John Roy's statement about how resisters to government overreach would need government troops on their side to do anything, that organization already exists. It's a pretty big deal. Oath Keepers » Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic
Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Anyone hear about that new 'Netscape Arena?' They are planning on building it in Detroit...
Old 07-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

The fact of the matter is when it comes to opinions on gun control, no side will ever be swayed one way or another, and that's okay. It just seems like with these hot button issues there is never a peaceful discourse. Someone will yell and scream and leave with hurt feelings.

I used to be really into firearms/shooting (i've posted about it before) but not so much anymore. I've owned my share of what's classified as "assault weapons" here and again and I've never hurt myself or anyone else. Then again, just because I didn't doesn't mean other people won't.

I am okay with stricter laws on guns, and honestly I don't think it's so crazy. I think the background check screening needs to be more thorough. Check mental history. Quite frankly, make folks undergo a psych eval before purchases and have them re-up every six months. Also, limit the amount of guns to be able to be purchased in a given year. (Sorry, there is absolutely no need to buy 10 guns in a year) You should also have to take a few courses so you're not an idiot with it.

People should be allowed to own guns, however we have to have sensible restrictions.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

it is so obvious that KStew and RobPatt are each other's beards...