Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you be a guest on My Name Is Keith?
Yes 58 55.24%
No 47 44.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1636: Good Job!

"So I told the fish, 'This is between us.'"

http://www.worldmedalmap.com

Last edited by Keith; 08-16-2012 at 10:23 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Good job, indeed.

Keith went all the way to California and managed to avoid a sunburn. This was wise, as it is hot as shit out there. It's...literally a desert. Perhaps there is something to this 'Stay Inside' business. Also, Chemda and Keith weren't just funny on the Long Shot podcast, they fucking dominated. It almost made up for that show's consistant lack of Eddie Pepitone, (anyone else notice he's never on that thing?) as well as probably solving one of their lesser member's personal problems, (ugh, I hate Jamie Flam - fuck that guy) Good to hear K & C had a...fruitful trip. Missed my KatG, though. Glad they're back.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

I love "Some Kind of Monster" just for how batshit it is. To me, it's a comedy movie, like "Spinal Tap."
Old 08-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Jason Alexander had a great post about guns recently and I found this part about civilian militias very intersting:

"The Constitution says citizens have the right to bear arms in order to maintain organized militias. I'm no constitutional scholar so here it is from the document itself:

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

So the patriots are correct, gun ownership is in the constitution - if you're in a well-regulated militia. Let's see what no less a statesman than Alexander Hamilton had to say about a militia:

"A tolerable expertness in military movements is a business that requires time and practice. It is not a day, or even a week, that will suffice for the attainment of it. To oblige the great body of the yeomanry, and of the other classes of the citizens, to be under arms for the purpose of going through military exercises and evolutions, as often as might be necessary to acquire the degree of perfection which would entitle them to the character of a well-regulated militia, would be a real grievance to the people, and a serious public inconvenience and loss."

The advocates of guns who claim patriotism and the rights of the 2nd Amendment - are they in well-regulated militias? For the vast majority - the answer is no."

TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter
Old 08-17-2012, 02:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Keith, I agree with you on the Olympics, when your number 1 your number 1 and there can be no argument!

While we are on that, I will bask in the glow of living in the Worlds Most Livable City, Melboune:World's most livable cities 2012: Melbourne, Vienna on top 10 | Property News

;-)
Old 08-17-2012, 03:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I sincerely look forward to visiting your stores and banks.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyfud View Post
While we are on that, I will bask in the glow of living in the Worlds Most Livable City, Melboune:World's most livable cities 2012: Melbourne, Vienna on top 10 | Property News

;-)
As I said to McNally on Twitter...

"People go where the jobs are. A city might be more "livable". But if I can't get a job there I'm going to DIE!"
Old 08-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

AirBnB is pretty solid. I use it when I'm going out of town to offset the cost of the trip I'm taking. I've traveled with it a few times but I generally prefer CouchSurfing.org. AirBnB is a transaction, CouchSurfing is more of a community (and it's free).

With CouchSurfing you aren't necessarily staying on a couch, there are people with spare rooms or houses.. just depends on the person. It's rare that you would have a place completely to yourself because the main purpose of the site is cultural exchange. Your hosts want to meet you, show you around the city, etc. If you are new to a city it is really great because you have a local showing you all the cool little spots you wouldn't find on your own or in a travel guide.

You obviously have to be a little more aware on CS though. Make sure you read the person's references, their rules for staying with them (if any), etc. It is a little more work but it is free and you get to make new friends in the process.

Just a different mindset..

People always ask me how I can travel as much as I do so I wrote up my whole process and threw it on reddit if anyone is interested:

I travel a lot. This is how I do it. : Frugal
Old 08-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I am British but I have to agree with Keith, the USA got more medals and population has nothing to do with it. The Olympics took place in Britain, which should give them an advantage so any British person complaining about population should just man up and be gracious in defeat. Great show as usual guys.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I would consider the loss of McNally as a friend (of the show, K & C, and the community) to be a tragedy. I can understand why he would feel raw (and hungover) after the MNIK episode, but I thought the true friendliness shone through the ball-busting.

McNally says he throws bombs because he expects us to figure out that he's basically a decent guy. That's how I've always felt about him, and I hope he can feel that way about us too.