Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you support anti-homosexual establishments?
If I want their product, yes. 28 24.56%
N to the O. 86 75.44%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You do what you can and what you know. I'm not saying anyone has to go above and beyond. But when it smacks you in face, you probably should do something about it.

I would sincerely not buy from Apple if they were Chick-fil-A-like. Then again, don't worry, because when you're the single most successful company ever, you'd know to fire the person that said such hateful things.
Understood. I was kind of ok with it initially but there's something about the defiance of that company that makes it worse. Like at least Walmart is ashamed and tries to hide their fucked up employment tactics. Apple doesn't LEAD with "We believe in terrible working conditions. Buy an iPhone to support us in this cause". So yeah I do agree that there is a difference.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I really love molly, but I've only done it a couple times where I'm just sitting being casual with friends. It makes me want to MOVE. I get super antsy. Most of the time I'm at a concert or festival or rave-y type thing and dancing my ass off and making out with the pretty people around me.

I think it is a fairly safe and harmless drug but it does have a shitty come down sometimes. The next day I just feel so... deflated. Depressed even.

I know Chemda's sensitive to that kind of thing so I was surprised she didn't mentioned the bleeeerrgggg day after. Good for her if she doesn't feel "hung over" from it.

Roll on, friends!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

There are tests that show MDMA, (aka Molly or Molecule) burns up the dopamine receptors in your brain. You didn't think feeling THAT fucking fantastic didn't come w/ some negative side-effects, did you? Personally, I believe doing it more than twice a year is bad news. There is a reason people who abuse this drug weekly appear to be slowed down' or 'E-tarded' as I've heard it called. X is fun, but I'm waiting to hear about a Chemda and Lauren trip ghost balls on mushrooms... Also, Dan Soder is the new James Adomian... Prediction: My Name is Keith #5 will be epic.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
There are tests that show MDMA, (aka Molly or Molecule) burns up the dopamine receptors in your brain. You didn't think feeling THAT fucking fantastic didn't come w/ some negative side-effects, did you? Personally, I believe doing it more than twice a year is bad news. There is a reason people who abuse this drug weekly appear to be slowed down' or 'E-tarded' as I've heard it called. X is fun, but I'm waiting to hear about a Chemda and Lauren trip ghost balls on mushrooms... Also, Dan Soder is the new James Adomian... Prediction: My Name is Keith #5 will be epic.
I do some research on the drugs I do before I do them, so yes, I was aware of the imbalance it creates in the brain. It was just when I heard Myka say there was no down side to extacy I immediately thought, yes there fucking is. I'm sure it all has to do with how much you take and your own body chemistry, but it does have its drawbacks. Not to mention looking back on my behavior when I was rolling and sometimes thinking, "I acted like a fucking crazy insane person. Oops."

Sadly I've known a few individuals that do constantly do Molly, and I just feel bad for them. Molly is the least of their problems at that point, and I can't help but think that their chasing a manufactured feeling. What feels normal to them? Fucked up = normal? Too much of a good thing.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Harry Hines Boulevard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm guessing this is what the receipt was referencing. It's common knowledge in Dallas this street has a lot of prostitution.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:29 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalemon View Post
I do some research on the drugs I do before I do them, so yes, I was aware of the imbalance it creates in the brain. It was just when I heard Myka say there was no down side to extacy I immediately thought, yes there fucking is. I'm sure it all has to do with how much you take and your own body chemistry, but it does have its drawbacks. Not to mention looking back on my behavior when I was rolling and sometimes thinking, "I acted like a fucking crazy insane person. Oops."

Sadly I've known a few individuals that do constantly do Molly, and I just feel bad for them. Molly is the least of their problems at that point, and I can't help but think that their chasing a manufactured feeling. What feels normal to them? Fucked up = normal? Too much of a good thing.
Whenever I do it, I feel awful for at least a couple of days after. Have you ever had memory loss when you're on it, when you're really high/rushing? Like you are mid-conversation with someone and in the middle of a sentence, both of you completely forget what you were saying, at the exact same time. When weird stuff like that happens, it cannot be good for you. I do it once a year, tops.

Still fun though...
Old 08-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Face View Post
I lost so much respect for Myka over her views regarding Chic-Fil-A.
Ditto.

I love Myka, enough that I was borderline outraged on her behalf for the fallout after she willfully promoted her show despite Keith and Chemda had asked her not to.

But I was so damn disappointed to hear that she supports Chick-fil-A... and to follow up on her quote about their hiring: the only reason why they do hire gay and lesbian employees is because the alternative is illegal. I kept waiting for her to go 'ha ha! gotcha!'

It takes literally zero effort to stop supporting this outwardly anti-gay company.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Fuck Chik-fil-a. Myka is a contrarian of the highest order and so I kinda give her a little break when she comes off as a silly bitch. I was so happy when Keith shut her down with, "Your dead wrong." See, Keith can use his 'Hulk' powers of rage for good...time to time.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #29 (permalink)

I dont really know how to use the forums properly and quote everyone, but if you wrote about being disappointed in my opinion, you know who you are and what you said, right? Right.

I am completely for gay people. I am completely for all people. AND... I don't like to see anyone disparaged. I know this seems contrary to many of the things I say on the show, so why do horribly offensive things come out of my mouth all the time (and into my mouth some of the time)? I do it for you.

I do it because a radio show can't have four people on the same side of the argument and still have the argument exist. There is always another side to an issue, and if I can find a little truth in an opposing viewpoint, I'll run with it.

In the case of chick-fil-a, I was not arguing in favor of the chicken guy's stupid opinion, but in favor of his right to have a stupid opinion. Should the owner of a chicken chain say mean things? Probably not, and it definitely hasn't served him in this instance. But he wants to say things and I guess people actually listen to the chicken guy. That's his right. Everyone is allowed to say what they want, and everyone is allowed to be mad at them for saying it. Not to belabor a joke, but I was doing the same thing. I am allowed to say what I want, and you are allowed to be mad at me. In part what I was doing was satirical, but be assured I never speak without finding some nugget of honesty, and I never eat without some nugget of chicken.

Maybe refusing to eat his chicken would force him to change his opinion, though i doubt it. American's are still struggling to vote for equality. We voted for Obama to do it, and he didn't. It seems silly to behave as though the power lies in the chicken guy.

Others have written on this forum about apple and nike. Good point, they are evil, too. I use their products, too. And even if I didn't I would buy things from people who did use their products, and so on. Corruption is systemic and it is hard to draw a line. If I really gave a fuck, I wouldn't be eating chick-fil-a not just because the owner was anti-gay, but also because he was contributing to the slaughter and probably inhumane treatment of chickens. And also because I'm vain their food is fattening. But, hard as this might be to hear, I don't really give a fuck. Life is hard and being angry makes it harder. I could spend my life fighting, and despite how good I'd obviously be at it, that's not what I want to do. If you want to do that, by all means take it to the streets. Scream your opinions out loud and be prepared for someone to disagree with you and refuse to buy your products.

And lets not forget that this isn't just about delicious chicken, they also make the best waffle fries.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #30 (permalink)

Myka made this show super uncomfortable, and thus: super hilarious. I get what she's saying. I seriously haven't laughed this hard since episode 1602 when James Adomian utterly destroyed. Love me some Dan Soder. Love me some Myka Fox. Still think supporting the Great Republican Satan agenda through 'dollar-voting' is...evil. The end.