Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever ratted on a co-worker?
Yes 33 34.74%
No 62 65.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

There is a TV show in Canada called "Come Dine with Me". It's a reality show where people compete to see who can put on the best dinner party. Five strangers each visit each others homes for a three course meal and at the end of the week one is voted the winner.

Eariler this month a woman served her guests horse tartar (with a fancy French name). All of the guests tried it, most didn't like it and one guy really thought it was great.

Her next course was goat brain.

One guy threw up.

Needless to say she did not win.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognegro13x View Post
I as well. I love hearing different reasons to justify a point. His points feel new because he pairs them with news stories.

However, I want to know who bought pieces of a AK47 on eBay?? This seems sketchy to me for a number of reasons.
The first, the person is correct eBay does not allow the sale of firearms, but they do not allow the sale of upper and lower receivers as well. Matter of fact according to the law the receivers hold the same penalty as a complete firearm, and you cannot get these shipped to your door unless the firearm was prior to 1898 pending you have a Federal Firearm License.
The second, eBay/PayPay take down and watch like hawks for firearm sales, and they work in conjunction with the respected law enforcement agencies who also looks at online sales.
The third, it is HIGHLY unlikely that a legitimate gun seller would ship a complete gun/upper receiver/lower receiver across borders without going FFL to FFL. This is not same as going to a gun show and simply trading a gun. Shipping a gun carries a heftier fine of a minimum of $10k, 5 years in prison, and is a felony.
The fourth, It is rare that you would see a straw seller on the internet. The exposure level is too high, and you would literally be caught in under a hour.
You're my KATG forums hero, dude. You're some kind of secret operative. What's sketchy is how you came to know so much about selling guns on ebay, hmmmm??

You'll get this: Some dude came up to me while I was at work and said I look like this guy back when he played basketball at UCLA. He used an actual name, but I forgot what he said. I told him I didn't know who that is, and he said I'm probably too young to know. Then, his friend came up and asked, "You know who Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is, right?" I was like yeah. "That's who he's talking about." The dude used Abdul-Jabbar's old name, haha.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by operababe View Post
There is a TV show in Canada called "Come Dine with Me". It's a reality show where people compete to see who can put on the best dinner party. Five strangers each visit each others homes for a three course meal and at the end of the week one is voted the winner.

Eariler this month a woman served her guests horse tartar (with a fancy French name). All of the guests tried it, most didn't like it and one guy really thought it was great.

Her next course was goat brain.

One guy threw up.

Needless to say she did not win.
We have the same show in Germany too (called "Das perfekte Dinner" = the perfect dinner) - I think lots of these reality show formats just get exported and used in many countries.

I assume that lady told everybody beforehand that it was horse? Do you think they would all have the same reaction if they didn't know? I really like Tartar both in the beef and pork varieties and I'd definitely try horse but it does sound a bit weird. On the other hand I am sure I had horse Salami and that tasted pretty normal.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
We have the same show in Germany too (called "Das perfekte Dinner" = the perfect dinner) - I think lots of these reality show formats just get exported and used in many countries.

I assume that lady told everybody beforehand that it was horse? Do you think they would all have the same reaction if they didn't know? I really like Tartar both in the beef and pork varieties and I'd definitely try horse but it does sound a bit weird. On the other hand I am sure I had horse Salami and that tasted pretty normal.

I think it originated in England? The British version airs here too.

The guests knew what it was. Part of the format of the show is that the guest are all provided with a menu. This way the camera gets their initial reaction to the dishes, without the host being there to hear. Usually people say things like "I hate shrimp!" or "This menu is too simplistic to be a winner"
Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
You're my KATG forums hero, dude. You're some kind of secret operative. What's sketchy is how you came to know so much about selling guns on ebay, hmmmm??

You'll get this: Some dude came up to me while I was at work and said I look like this guy back when he played basketball at UCLA. He used an actual name, but I forgot what he said. I told him I didn't know who that is, and he said I'm probably too young to know. Then, his friend came up and asked, "You know who Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is, right?" I was like yeah. "That's who he's talking about." The dude used Abdul-Jabbar's old name, haha.
No, I am no secret operative lol. However, there are people on this board and that listen to this show who are law enforcement, or who have worked in the detection field for nefarious internet activity for private companies. Going back to the firearms, the funny thing about online firearm community is that they have a honor code and WILL SNITCH on you to the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms), law enforcement, or anyone that will listen. Go on any board whether it be a forum board, auction site and sell a 80% receiver or ship non FFL......they will rat you out in seconds. They same if you are selling a non curio weapon that has no serials, or straight up destructive weapon post ban. We have all heard of Murphy's Law. Dealing with my experience with my career I developed a new saying, "Anything that can be sold, will be sold". In contradiction to this, complete firearms are a tough sell on the internet illegally. Can it be done? Yes. However, it is one hell of a crap shoot unless you are taking possession of the firearm from the seller by hand.

Addressing Keith's point which shadows Molly's Nefels and many others to take away the guns. Ok, here lies the problem. The FBI estimates that there are over 200 million legal firearms in the US with the amount of gun manufacturers increasing that number each year. The only way to even stop that number would be to stop the manufacturers, and do house to house visits which many might contest the 4th amendment with the 2nd amendment. The additional problem is that people who wouldn't give up the guns would obviously be criminals. I feel that they have reached a point of no return, and needed to start this the same time that Japan started if they were going to make headway. It makes it almost impossible to penalize people who would break this law seeing that we have the largest prison system in the world and it is overcapacity. I see the law never changing on hand guns (maybe assault rifles) even if there was a school shooting everyday. There are so many lobbyists that are in the pockets of the politicians to insure that things stay the same. This is the same for healthcare costs, prescription drug costs, regulations on banks and so on. Whether or not our feelings are just it seems the political mafia has bought our future.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

I love Keith's gun tirades and I want to add this from the West Wing:
Gun Control Laws - YouTube
And this, also from the West Wing
C.J.'s briefing - YouTube