Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Jesus gay?
Yes 51 56.67%
No 39 43.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4Likes

Old 10-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Where did Cain's wife come from?
For context I'm an Atheist and I've also read the bible.

I know this is a question some people have but this instance never bothered me. Though the bible only directly mentions Adam and Eve, it is implied in genesis that God created many lands and peoples. In the story of Cain it is said that he journeyed to other lands with other peoples and thus implied that God created more people after Adam and Eve. The interpretation I favor is that God created Edam and Eve first, and that they are the Jews. The old testament tends to lend itself more the the interpretation that God's laws of loving thy neighbor are strictly speaking of other Jews.

That said this is my interpretation of a fictional book and is interpreted just like I would interpret what happened in Harry Potter or Game of Thrones.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I don't mean to be controversial, but I find 'Game of Thrones' far more entertaing than the old testament.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Agreed! Robert Kelly brings it. He's having a really good time and it shows.

You must learn about WWII and Hitler and all that. Did they leave the Jew parts out?

Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris is a pretty short and easy read that is all about this. Basically he says "if you're calling yourself a Christian and consider yourself socially liberal, you should just stop because you're empowering the leaders of the churches to claim your support for the hateful policies they pursue."
This paragraph saved me time from reading the book AND the bible. Thank you sir!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
For context I'm an Atheist and I've also read the bible.

I know this is a question some people have but this instance never bothered me. Though the bible only directly mentions Adam and Eve, it is implied in genesis that God created many lands and peoples. In the story of Cain it is said that he journeyed to other lands with other peoples and thus implied that God created more people after Adam and Eve. The interpretation I favor is that God created Edam and Eve first, and that they are the Jews. The old testament tends to lend itself more the the interpretation that God's laws of loving thy neighbor are strictly speaking of other Jews.

That said this is my interpretation of a fictional book and is interpreted just like I would interpret what happened in Harry Potter or Game of Thrones.

My frustration comes in when certain people want our American laws to be fashioned according to the rules laid down by this book. They want to pick and choose what parts of Leviticus are important to God, and what parts we can kind of gloss over and pretend aren't there. And in general, the parts that they want all Americans to be forced by law to follow tend to be laws that directly take rights away from specific groups of people, like women and homosexuals.

This past week, we've had more than one elected official out of Arkansas making proclamations about how slavery was a blessing in disguise, and that Jesus obviously was okay with it because he didn't explicitly condemn it. In 2012 we're still arguing the morality of birth control and fucking SLAVERY because of these people. So, yeah, it kind of pisses me off when I'm being asked to take this entire book seriously.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
In 2012 we're still arguing the morality of birth control and fucking SLAVERY because of these people. So, yeah, it kind of pisses me off when I'm being asked to take this entire book seriously.
We really should burn down more of their churches.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #26 (permalink)

I'm in the middle of the show. Robert keeps bringing up how we have a black president and black people weren't able to drink from the same fountain and a woman almost became president in our generation, and then Keith says he doesn't know if it's getting worse. I could agree that it's getting worse or at least not improving as fast as it looks. I think since discrimination is looked down on by more people, then the "discriminators" are more cautious and bottle up their true feelings for when they're around people they know will accept their beliefs or when they can better single people out. I can't play basketball with a bunch of white dudes without receiving all kinds of backhanded remarks about how I look just like Obama and I could play Obama on SNL and I sound just like Obama. Racism is all over the internet, too. I could even go as far as to say that Obama is not a black president. He is black, and he is the President, but he has not made his blackness an integral part of his presidency, nor has he enacted any specific policies for African-Americans. Based on my own experiences and on events that are in the news every day and on some of Chemda's stories, shit's not getting better for homosexuals or women, either. When I work the register at work, people hear my voice and ask if I can sing. I say yes, and the vast majority of people assume I sing in a Church choir. They say, "Oh, you must be sing bass in a church choir" or "What church do you sing at?" Part of the problem might be that we are secluding ourselves and imagining every town in America is just as safe and liberal or whatever terms you want to use, and that the wackos are the exception. Even if shit is getting better, we should never be content, and we should never leave it up to "the winds of change". The fight against ignorance is a constant struggle.

EDIT: highlighted some stuff. Just for you Sparrow! Keeping it down is tough.

Last edited by Earl Dukes; 10-12-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
We really should burn down more of their churches.
Sad thing is, when churches get burned down they're usually burned down by other Christians.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I don't know what my point is here, but here in the Midwest I am out to way more people as bisexual than I am as atheist. I am scared to tell people that shit.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
I don't know what my point is here, but here in the Midwest I am out to way more people as bisexual than I am as atheist. I am scared to tell people that shit.
Not everyone thinks of atheist as someone who they have a chance of fucking or watching fuck their mate. Not saying you would. Just saying people tend to put that label on bisexuals so they tend to like them more.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

@16:40 -- Chemda: "I happen to like guys with titties."
[pause]
Robert Kelly laughs, "I got it, I got it."
Keith: "That was deep."

Love this moment.