Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The Rolling Stones
Yay 57 53.77%
Nay 49 46.23%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1670: Doom and Gloom

"Game face, people! You're having sex!"

Share this episode: http://www.keithandthegirl.com/Show-...and-Gloom.aspx

Mike Lawrence Comedy

Annie Lederman: Comedy

Last edited by Keith; 10-16-2012 at 05:43 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

MIKE LAWRENCE BACK IN THE STUDIO, FUCK YEAH!!!

DAY!!! MADE!!!

Unless the reason for the poll is that he was dissing the Stones, in which case he's dead to me.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mike

Mike Lawrence can't be on enough. With his uncanny wit and his Charles Manson appearance who can say otherwise.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Can't wait to listen to this episode. Love the guests. As for the poll, I wish I could vote a thousand times no.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I watched the video before listening to the episode. Before I pressed PLAY, all I could think was, "ah geez, another shitty new Rolling Stones song."

Well, I was wrong. This song is terrific! It's a throwback to old school Stones. I love the lyrics and the video is just great!

Annie comes off as just cranky when she talks about it and Mike isn't too far behind. Fine, we get it, it's not your cup of tea. You're also the wrong generation for the music. Enjoy your Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men and leave the real music to the older folk.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
Annie comes off as just cranky when she talks about it and Mike isn't too far behind. Fine, we get it, it's not your cup of tea. You're also the wrong generation for the music. Enjoy your Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men and leave the real music to the older folk.
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I'm 29 and liked it...

Hell I think it could go well with my favorite Stones song; Paint it Black. Bit more upbeat but still.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

this show could easily have been titled "Inferiority Complex Showdown!"
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSZilla View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I'm 29 and liked it...

Hell I think it could go well with my favorite Stones song; Paint it Black. Bit more upbeat but still.
Technically speaking even at 46 I'm a little young for the Rolling Stones.

I think we're all imprinted at 16 with the music we're going to like. That's the age we're most impressionable. The music we like then is the music we're going to like forever. Not necessarily band-wise, but style-wise. Small changes are possible, but big changes are harrr-red.

I think it's great that you're 29 and you like it. I think it's totally possible. But I think you know where I'm coming from.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
...I think we're all imprinted at 16 with the music we're going to like. That's the age we're most impressionable....I think it's great that you're 29 and you like it. I think it's totally possible. But I think you know where I'm coming from.
Agreed. I didn't care much for music til I heard the Mortal Kombat soundtrack. For me when I heard Metallica's Black Album that sealed the deal. Sure, I listened to rap but I had no care for it. My friends liked it. It took until around when you said for me to develop what I had liked and really start listening.

Your right about the older music I agree with you sir. I was just putting it out there lol. I didn't think you exactly went that direction I was just hoping for a teeny bit of extra clarity. I'm wierd like that I guess.
Medium Brumski: The only reason we have the 2nd Amendment is because John Adams was afraid of the zombie apocalypse and he wanted to make sure Americans would be prepared, I guess Keith hasn't gotten to that part of the mini-series yet.

Sparrow:...Brings up her point? What point?! Are we naht suckin' ya cahk hahd enough, Sue?!?

Keith: Oh, you...
Old 10-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

What was that green thing Mike kept messing with?

Quote:
I think it's great that you're 29 and you like it. I think it's totally possible. But I think you know where I'm coming from.
I'm 24, and I don't like the Rolling Stones, but I know they're good. I don't like them because they're just not the band I'm into (I'm into the Who ). The song that Keith played was good. It sounds just as good as their older stuff, which was Keith's point. Had he not mentioned the fact that it was new, I probably would have assumed it was older. Mike and Annie are just on this kick that us young'uns seem to be on where anything that an older band puts out can never amount to the greatness of their older material. That's just a "fact" in our minds, and we remain blind even after hearing a good song because we take immense pleasure out of bashing old washed-up rock stars. Mike and Annie were just spewing what was the "right" thing to say without really considering the song. While I was enjoying the song, I was literally searching for that one misplaced "woo!" that would make me cringe enough to slam it, but it never came.