Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What's your preference?
Sweet pussy pie 59 41.84%
Savory fur burger 11 7.80%
This poll is Chemda's fault for making Keith and Danny tacos 71 50.35%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Ben, Rich, and Bonnie and let's not forget Michael

I loved all of these guests. Rich and Bonnie are incredibly funny together, and separately.

Michael was a voice of reason that this particular episode greatly needed. The dynamic was perfect.

Ben Roy was absolutely my favorite new guest and I hope to hear him on the show again!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Now THIS was the kind of post election show I was hoping for. Ben Roy sounds like a really great human being. Witty, intelligent and fucking funny.

During the discussion about the phone call from Mitt to Obama, I kept visualizing Keith's Denzel Washington as Obama.

Funniest line from this show came from Keith - "In all fairness, if all I knew about homosexuals was Will & Grace...I'd hate 'em too."
Old 11-10-2012, 02:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Agree with everything Dean said and I'd also add that Ben Roy's chemistry jived perfectly with Keith and Chemda. Just a pleasure, this guy! Was already completely sold and then he started joking about Rufio's comments, "Your voice is important Rufio and it's being heard" etc. Hilarious. Also, it's nice when people are just naturally evolved or whatever, however, I prefer people like Ben Roy who have sincerely put in the work of personal introspection. A guy who clearly comes from a fucked up - racist place, (like Boston) and has progressed and evolved through alcoholism and personal turmoil; making it through to the other end. His personality is genuine, forged in humility, and his humor about it all: perfect. I'm gonna pretend he doesn't have stupid-ass, misspelled tatoos for two reasons: 1) Hell, this is an audio podcast and I didn't see 'em. 2) The guys a total gentleman. Really can't say enough good things about this guest. Possible Katguh nominee for awesome.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 11-10-2012 at 02:56 AM. Reason: I still say Rich Voss is a cock-sucker motherfucker and that his ego is repulsive.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

Thank you so much for posting the Rachel Maddow commentary. I linked it to my facebook and attached it to my utlra-Conservative father's facebook post. I doubt he will be able to hear the sentient conveyed, but I certainly did; and it made me profoundly happy.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #15 (permalink)

Ben was fucking hilarious, and he was also a genuinely kind human being. I'm happy to meet him and I hope those of you who came to the live show tonight in NYC got a chance to see him hanging out at the Creek. Man, that guy. One of a kind.

Also, the poll: Serious political discourse. I love it. I love when the show really takes place in the here and now.

Also, you're drunk. Not me. Shut up.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
I love Ben! Great guest. I hope he comes back soon even though he lives in Denver.
agreed!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helllomoto View Post
People didnt like yesterday's show?!?

haha
Old 11-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Great guest.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I felt like Ben was fairly unremarkable as a guest until he started addressing the feedback. Then he totally won me over. It reminded me of Joe DeRosa's first appearance, when at some point he tore into the chat and viciously took down some poor schlub who said a couple of dumb things.

Loved hearing Ben's side of JFod's latest adventure too.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Loved hearing Ben's side of JFod's latest adventure too.
I'm a fan of people who are a fan/ tolerate 'The Great Insanity' that is: JFOD.