Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do/did you look at the pictures of Keith's ooze that we posted?
yes 83 80.58%
no 20 19.42%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

So I found the girl/boy stereotype conversation fascinating.

I am usually hit on by girls, which is frustrating because IF I'm to be hit on, I'd rather it be by a boy (hitting on doens't happen much for me, btw, I don't want it to sound like this happens all the time). But I think I intimidate men, which for some reason is seen as a lesbian trait...not sure about all that.

But anyway, I HATE pink. I hate what it represents. I hate seeing 2 year olds in all pink and animal print, with jewelry on, holding a purse, asking their mom to put lipstick on them. I would be fine if this was the kid's personality, but at 2, it rarely is. I also hate children's stories where the girl has to be rescued by the boy just as much as I hate that boys are allowed to be super rambunctious and destructive because "boys will be boys"

So with our three kids, (a boy and 2 girls) we are very gender neutral. Our youngest girl is a little more girly, and our middle girl is definitely a tomboy. Our son (the oldest) can get crazy, but he is also sensitive and empathetic. They all like to play dress up, and we let them choose do dress however they want. We let our son paint his nails if he wants to. All three love cars, legos, their play kitchen, angry birds, My Little Pony, and Transformers. We banned pink, Barbies, baby dolls, and "boy" shows that were overly violent or crass.

However, if someone gave our kids pink, or baby dolls, or let them watch sponge bob, we went with the flow. We are trying so hard to set a foundation of neutrality and let them choose. So far, this parenting style is paying off and I love it. I feel like the choices they make of what they wear and toys they like are THEIR choices and not our perceptions of what they should like because of their gender.

We have friends that keep saying our kids are going to get married and their kids keep talking about marrying mine and I've asked them to stop. But they already have their little ones planning out getting married, having kids, etc and I think that is ridiculous. Let kids have fun, no worries, be KIDS! All of these stereotypes are totally forced by the parents. It is one thing to like fixing cars and letting your kids watch and help and start liking it as well, it is quite another to only let the boys like cars and make your girl carry a purse.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If Keith promises to stop posting those nasty ass pics of his drainage I would gladly donate to the not-yet-created Help Pay Keith's Hospital Tab Kickstarter

I saw one pic and though it was egg drop soup until I noticed his hand holding the bag..ok I'll admit I wasn't sober & it was terrifying after I zoomed in
Old 12-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #23 (permalink)

Those Shari's Berries DO look nice. I might have to check these out after all.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I like the shows with Chemda hosting. As a man of course my brain tunes out women's voices so now much of the show is just a soothing wash of pleasant content-less background noise that really helps me get things done with a vague smile on my face and without forcing me to think about or respond to anything emotionally in any way.

Just lols of course. Chemda's a properly awesome anchor host and her passionate curiosity and infectious energy and mischievious sense of humour are a sunshine of my life and I will fight anyone who criticises the Keith-free episodes.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
Hospitals will bargain with you, too. I wouldn't pay, say that you got horrible treatment and were forced to stay there longer than you needed because they couldn't get their act together. In my experience, they will cut the bill up to half and get you on a payment plan so it hopefully won't be as horrible of a debt. (I used to work for a hospital/doctors office and heard plenty of stories about billing) If they think they'll get nothing, then they'll compromise the cost.

On the downside, doing this contributes to why hospitals cost so much in the first place...but there are many ways to justify that playing the system and not bankrupting yourself is the better choice
This is true. We walked into the office for our major local hospital chain and they literally took off 30K like it was nothing. Apparently doing write offs for economic hardships is the norm. We ended up getting the insurance to cover a big portion which they should have, but there was still a sizable balance. However, location, location, location. I would like to think because where I live has relatively low unemployement, and the better part of the population has insurance (even if crappy) was a factor. I was raised in Chicago which I can somewhat compare to New York. I doubt those snakes will write off shit.

Last edited by incognegro13x; 12-14-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
BOOOYAH! I got that reference!
http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/I+...a9b40e03c8.jpg
Old 12-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #27 (permalink)

Liver Drainage

I'm behind on shows, so I don't know if anyone else who has had their liver drained has commented, but I have.

Keith, you're gonna end up with an awesome scar that you will have no problem convincing people is a bullet would.

I ruptured my liver when I was a kid (26 years ago). I had a drain sticking out of my side for a few weeks. I remember when it was time to pull the tube. The doctor pulled, I freaked out and jumped, and liver juice splattered all over the doctor. It was awesome.

I will also never forget the menagerie of smells, holy christ. I had this weird mushroom looking thing sprouting out of my side after the tube was out. I had to apply medicine to it daily to make it heal. The medicine was on the end of a stick that looked like a fireplace match. You'd touch the tip to the tube hole and it would actually sizzle.

I don't know how much all this has advanced in 20 years. Maybe you won't have to deal with all that, and you won't have a scar. But if you do, take advantage.

I convinced many people over the years that I got shot saving an old lady from being mugged, that I got stabbed, and that I was born a siamese twin but all that's left of my brother is his belly button in my side. The possibilities are endless, enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (117.2 KB, 29 views)
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #28 (permalink)

***epic post=***
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranStagehand View Post
You'd touch the tip to the tube hole and it would actually sizzle.
Ummm. Thanks?

<muffled scream>

"so it, ahhh, smelled bad, eh?"

***/epic post***