Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does everything happen for a reason?
Yes 19 18.63%
No 83 81.37%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1702: Rhyme and Reason

"As we're talking, Keith is draining his liver."

Share this episode: http://www.keithandthegirl.com/Show-...nd-Reason.aspx

Watch the The Burger-Off 2 trailer here: www.KATG.com/burger2

Last edited by Keith; 12-21-2012 at 01:30 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Are we all in the bamboo market?

Anyway am I a bad person? Because I've listened to every episode of Keith and the Girl and my favorite guests are Spooky, McNally, I really liked Max, and hell Danny Labell was even a favorite of mine. So it really really sucks that things turned out this way. Ugh maybe it's because all these people are messes and I'm a mess. I don't understand how everything went from being cool, Keith offering to take McNally to ALNON to this mess. It seemed like a real friendship but clearly McNally didn't value the friendship. He wasn't Adam Brown but you could tell in the MNK episode that Keith does care for McNally and just ugh.

Please have Matt Bray on sometime in the new year, the episodes with him Mcnally and Spooky were always my fav. Oh well. Hopefully the original 74 hour marathon gets released so I can relive the good days before everyone turned into a betraying asshole against such a great podcast.

Also I hate the defenses gun nuts say on Facebook.

"We need guns and militia to defend ourselves against our own government" - well the government might have bigger guns than you.

"If the teachers were allowed to have guns the school shootings would have been prevented" - underpaid teachers around asshole kids while armed? That will prevent school shootings for sure.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Watch these if you'd like to expand your loaf on how religion, drugs, politics and consciousness all intertwine. These may really open your mind on how you view current social norms. Fascinating stuff.

Thousands of years ago, in the pre monarchic era, sacred plants and other entheogenic substances where politically correct and highly respected for their ability to bring forth the divine, Yahweh, God, The Great Spirit, etc., by the many cultures who used them.

A brilliant discussion on all of the above. If you watched the above you'd thoroughly enjoy the below.

#enjoy
Old 12-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome Back!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

This show is so great and it really comes down to the chemistry with having you both there. Chemda did an awesome job in Keith's absence, especially the last 2 eps, but it will never replace the two of you together. The silver lining of Keith's illness is I'm sure I'm not the only one who will (re)subscribe to VIP - you don't know what you got till its gone. Sorry but I'm a low income earner and couldn't afford it at the time but will re-up soon. Looking forward to catching up on the extra content.

Agreed with you on every point in today's ep. Australia is less religious then america so maybe the xmas/ christian thing isn't as bad here. Generally its more about "happy holidays/ spend time with your family" then about imaginary sky friends.

Guns in the publics hands are fucking ridiculous. I'm sure the USA thinks differently because they are surrounded by them. If almost no one as them, like here, you never even think or worry about them. But keep going on about your right to bear arms because people a few hundred years ago needed their muskets. Just like we should follow the religious writings of cave men from 2000 years ago.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

as to the poll

the poll could have been easily stated as quotes

"God does not play dice"

vs.

"Einstein, stop telling God what to do."

Read the Cosmic Landscape by Susskind and just count ourselves as lucky.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

Keith did a show by himself. Anyone remember?

Anyone remember when Chemda was gone and Keith did a show by himself? Way back when. I have to admit. Chemda did a lot better. (Sorry Keith)
With that being said. I'm really glad you are back. You guys work so well together. Great balance.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

I screamed of joy when keith started talking!!! SO glad he's back and healthy!!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

The Doctor did it, he saved us! <--Dr Who reference being applied to Mayan calendar fiasco.

Welcome Back Keith it sounds like you're on the on ramp to recovery.

I liked the new version of chat. Now I just have to get a better webcam.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

KEITH!!!!!!!!