Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Hospitals
Fuck you 44 60.27%
Eat my shit 29 39.73%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #41 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Welcome back!

Sounds like you've been to a Canadian hospital...but at least you wouldn't have to worry about a big hospital bill at the end of a stay in our facilities! Getting out alive is the reward here.

Is this where we can share hospital horror stories because I have a few hair curlers.....you know like the scabies outbreak at the geriatric hospital...how did scabies get in there, through dirty combs at the hair salon. How about the 18 hour wait at emergency while I miscarried...they sent me home with the prescription for an abortion pill for another patient. Let's not forget my uncle who, after being in a life threatening car accident, contracted the flesh eating disease while in ICU that chewed a hole in his gut so big he has a polyamer weave to keep his stomach in his body....

Glad to hear that the hot mess that is health care comes in through the insurance system as well as the universal system.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #42 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I bet it's worldwide unless you have REAL cash. You know how people work at your office. Healing is still just another job. People just want to squeak by.

I can't watch any hospital TV show or movie now. I see someone trying at the hospital and I can't hold onto my suspension of disbelief.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I bet it's worldwide unless you have REAL cash. You know how people work at your office. Healing is still just another job. People just want to squeak by.

I can't watch any hospital TV show or movie now. I see someone trying at the hospital and I can't hold onto my suspension of disbelief.
Maybe that's the real reason everyone hates Dr. House on the TV show "House". They are mad that he's actually trying to heal people by going the extra mile. He's probably not even an asshole. He just started being a jerk to his coworkers after years of seeing them half ass it with people's lives in the balance.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #44 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I babysat for a family where the mother was a head physician of an ICU in one of the major hospitals here. She told me that a significant percentage of the patients in her Intensive care unit come in because of misdiagnosis, medications that were given o the wrong patient and drugs that were given in the wrong dosages either by prescription or by accident.

Becandcath: I am sure Chemda is loving you right now. Assuming you are legit and what you say is accurate according to what we know about Keiths drinking, most people weren't surprised that his liver was attacked by this infection. So this infection has not damaged his liver but how much alcohol is safe for a person to drink? A beer a day, 10 beers a day?

Here's our chance to settle this, there's an expert in the house!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post

When I lived in Chicago people would intentionally go to the suburbs, or Wisconsin to go the hospital since the quality was better. When you are in a high volume area it is almost a given that your quality of care will be poor unless you are rich. Like I said in a different post, I live in an area that is less than 500K and there are about 7 hospitals in a 50 mile range including slightly over Iowa border. I will say from experience living in the midwest and/or low volume areas regardless of insurance the quality of care has been stellar compared to that of a bigger city. Had no problem seeing multiple doctors a day, never felt like I was being ignored. I told this story to a friend that does a lot of international travel and she told me that when she went to Japan last year she was had a rude awakening when she figured out that the hospitals all have bank hours and close at around 7 or 8pm.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #46 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My mom contracted MRSA (a flesh eating bacteria) while she was in the hospital dying of cancer. It was horrible and added greatly to her suffering. Fuck You Boca Raton Community Hospital... I hope all the assholes who "treated" my mom get MRSA, suffer, and die a slow painful death.