Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: re: Artists lip-syncing conversation
I'm with Keith. It's bullshit. 42 64.62%
Whatever. 23 35.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 01-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
Well that was a stupid thing you just said.
how tho?? im not being a immature 12 year old saying 'frank ocean is gay'... the dude really is gay, he came out last year.. i like frank ocean, his music, and his honesty for coming out in a genre of music where there is a shitload of homophobia. especially with him being from rap collective odd future, who most people assume are homophobic from their crazy music. but OF actually has an openly gay frank ocean, and openly lesbian syd the kyd as members. i was just commenting that chris brown's track record clearly shows his anger issues, him beating on women, and now jumping frank ocean (it wasnt a 1-on-1 fight) at a studio over some stupid shit. so fuck him. dont understand how that was stupid of me to say that but whatever.

its just stupid for artists to fight over little shit at a studio. like when rapper Slim Dunkin was shot and killed by a member of his own crew in the studio.... OVER A FUCKING CANDY BAR

Slim Dunkin Reportedly Murdered After Fight Over Candy - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEgNKAR-L24
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
...Oh, I know, its probably because black people support their own no matter what.

A live stadium venue is a shitty way to enjoy music. Most people go for the spectacle and a chance to see their favorite singer live. So they don't really care if they lip-sync or not. Not to mention a lot of highly produced studio albums would be impossible to recreate in a live performance without lip-syncing.
i agree with the lip-sync point, stadiums are shitty for sound.

but the black people line.. whoa bruh. i mean i get what youre saying, its dumb to support them. and its not really racist, but shit .. its right on the borderline.

i think that there are just a lot of stupid women who are willing to forgive chris brown (like rihanna) because they think hes good looking or they like his shitty music. just like a football fan might be quicker to forgive mike vick because of his play, or cus he's on their favorite team.

not saying i support them or their fans, but maybe its reasons different from, "oh he's black? well me too, so i must devote my full support to him no matter what! we gotta stick together!"
Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Roethlisberger settled a 2008 lawsuit for alleged rape in Lake Tahoe. Followed by an infographic showing the percentage of false rapes to real and unreported rapes. Big Ben is a rapist. He can just buy his freedom. Being acquited of a crime does not mean innocence just like pleading guilty to a charge does not necessarily mean you've committed a crime.

It's also kind of bad when a section of your Wiki has to be designated for Sexual Assault Allegations.

Ben Roethlisberger settles lawsuit alleging 2008 rape ? USATODAY.com

Rape Infographic

Wikipedia Ben Roethlisberger Sexual assault allegations

It is in fact hypocritical to think Big Ben didn't do this especially since everyone else you cite on the show, that allegedly commits a crime, is automatically guilty.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNACKS View Post
how tho?? im not being a immature 12 year old saying 'frank ocean is gay'... the dude really is gay, he came out last year.. i like frank ocean, his music, and his honesty for coming out in a genre of music where there is a shitload of homophobia. especially with him being from rap collective odd future, who most people assume are homophobic from their crazy music. but OF actually has an openly gay frank ocean, and openly lesbian syd the kyd as members. i was just commenting that chris brown's track record clearly shows his anger issues, him beating on women, and now jumping frank ocean (it wasnt a 1-on-1 fight) at a studio over some stupid shit. so fuck him. dont understand how that was stupid of me to say that but whatever.
I saw it as you saying "Chris Brown is such a pussy because he only fights women and gays! Only pussies fight gay men because gay men are the easiest to beat up!"

If I was wrong and it was a knee-jerk reaction on my part, then my bad. You seem like yr heart's in the right place.
Blitzgal and SNACKS like this.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Poor Michael Vick is trying so hard. He gruesomely butchered dogs but somehow I'm out of line.
I haven't heard the episode, so I don't know what you said. I don't even support Vick. I'm just commenting on the comparison between Vick and Chris Brown that invader made.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

After this whole Boston fiasco, I say, "Dan Goodman for Katguh 2013!" Really funny guy. Love his ability to make any scenario an improvised comedy flic. Also, Skinja looks awesome.
WittyReference and SNACKS like this.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 AM   #17 (permalink)

@Chemda https://soundcloud.com/h-p-l-a-y/thinkin-bout-you-ryan

Here's the Frank Ocean song I've been digging lately.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Frank Ocean's Friends Use Word Fag. A lot.

Isn't Frank Ocean associated with the 'Wu Tang Clan-like' huge hip hop group collective: Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All aka OFWGKTA? I know it sounds like I made that up, but I seem to remember a Rolling Stone article where one of their members , (Tyler the Creator) acknowledged that Frank came out and was fine w/ it. However, he continues to use the word 'faggot'. A lot. On the Tim Diamond ep, the word fag was discussed and I'm just wondering, is the word faggot going the way of the word nigger? I mean, this younger generation says it like it has no definition or meaning...

Maybe it's for the best? Does it disarm it in some way?

Personally, my white guilt and respect for the gay community remain - intact.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

As a Steelers FAN ... yep Big Ben is a rapist ...but he really hasn't had a bad year without some serious injury. As a matter of fact .. I think he was playing better when young coeds were at risk. But we all must grow sooner or later.

uhhh..Does Goodman have something against black people? First he wants a black/ghetto (is that the same thing to him?) stripper to play his title character. And then it's like all black people love Chris Brown and R Kelly no matter what they do. It caught my attention because both examples surprised me right out of left field.

It's like this is all discussed at the monthly black people meeting.
"Ok let's see; Chris Brown and R Kelly are still ok right? Even though one's a woman beater and the other is a pedophile who even married a child at one time. Ok , and OJ is still out of the club, but let's act like he didn't do it anyway. Let's end the meeting with a good ol' Yay Barack!!"

I'll have to bring this up at the next meeting.
SNACKS likes this.

.. I DRIVE FAST
Old 01-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Isn't Frank Ocean associated with the 'Wu Tang Clan-like' huge hip hop group collective: Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All aka OFWGKTA? I know it sounds like I made that up, but I seem to remember a Rolling Stone article where one of their members , (Tyler the Creator) acknowledged that Frank came out and was fine w/ it. However, he continues to use the word 'faggot'. A lot. On the Tim Diamond ep, the word fag was discussed and I'm just wondering, is the word faggot going the way of the word nigger? I mean, this younger generation says it like it has no definition or meaning...

Maybe it's for the best? Does it disarm it in some way?

Personally, my white guilt and respect for the gay community remain - intact.
yes Odd Future's music does seem crazy at first, a lot of '666 satan faggot nigger fuck shit murder rape cunt' type of lyrics. but they say they use the language to take the power and fear and negativity away from it. unlike wu-tang, they have no convicted criminals, their leader tyler the creator doesnt drink or do any drugs, they dont beleive in god or satan, and like he says in his own lyrics, "when i see a gun, i run.."

just like you are saying how blacks adopted the word nigga, the younger generation sees almost no negative connotation with faggot. OFWGKTA has two openly gay members, a first in hip hop music, and in their videos and interviews they are always poking fun and throwing 'fag' around at eachother. so for them at least, they see nothing wrong with it.

i dont really agree, i mean, i still think that most people should stay away from saying, nigga, retarded, and fag. i mean unless maybe they are a homosexual-mentally challenged -african-american. then you can say retarted fag nigga all you want, guilt-free i guess
Enunciated Piffle likes this.