Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are The Penns racist?
Obviously 39 54.93%
Not necessarily 32 45.07%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree44Likes

Old 04-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were written by a Christian. The movies take the Christian references out.
What Christian references were in the book and not the movies?
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #22 (permalink)

maybe keith should try puppeteering. we don't prove ourselves shit fuck to nobody. little glue, little cardboard, wiggle a stick? in. for life. that stink don't come off. it's wonderful.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #23 (permalink)

I hadn't heard about the Matthew Broderick car crash. He was in Ireland with Jennifer Grey, who he was dating after Ferris Bueller. He crossed the center line while driving (but was not drunk) and hit another car head-on. He broke his leg, and the two women in the other car died. He eventually was fined $175 for careless driving.

Matthew Broderick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I think Keith is good at stand up. And Yes I own 6 or 7 of his DVD's. I agree with Jesse that he is good and funny. He could be better if he did it more often. On the other hand he does it in front of a loaded crowd so does this mean he has to practice it in front of a loaded crowd? Now we are going to have to wait 5 years for a stand up dvd so he can practice it 4 times.

On a side note I don't know if the premise is brought up on his dvds first or the shows. But the topics and point of views of part of his stand up is similar to what I hear on the show. Which takes away from the shock part of the jokes so you can see where some of them are headed.

I don't find Jesses argument any different then when John Mayer started doing stand up. Did people go see him because there in love with him for not stand up comedy, or because they find his stand up funny? I'm sure most of them came for the first.

Hearing Chemda defend Keith saying he practices on the show. Is like a mountain climber telling me they trained on a stair steppers. Yes it can get you in shape but its not fully the same thing. There are other aspects that where not trained for.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Future Jesse Joyce Relapse = Buh-Billions

I'm a Jesse Joyce fan. I think he's a very good comedy writer and always a solid guest on KatG.

This being said, (and I acknowledge that I'm a horrible person for suggesting it) but perhaps Jesse could relapse on a future MNiK and THEN extrapolate upon his theories of God and stand-up comedy requirements.

There is an unsung McNally in there somewhere. What if we did a kickstarter beforehand, almost insuring Joyce's recovery and just allow him to drink himself to the brink of death for like 24 hrs? Hell, he could prolly make Dr Drew's Celebrity Rehab AND become drunkenly inspired to write yet another hilarious story, (a la the one he did recently on that LA live KatG show.)

I have more incredible ideas that would compromise Jesse's health, but definetly put $$ in his pocket.

If he needs new management; I'm totally available.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were written by a Christian. The movies take the Christian references out.
I believe you are thinking,(thinking..?) of the Chronicles of Narnia series that was written by well-known Christian author Clive Staples aka C.S. Lewis.

DONNY YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT!!

Perhaps if you actually read some books, rather than simply regurgitating, (poorly - I might add) some bullshit your propaganda-mill redneck church spouts off during that one part of the week that you leave mom's basement - you'd know a thing or two.

Also, please never evolve or change. My rage appreciates it

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 04-02-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: forgot the idiocy of your hick church
Old 04-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #27 (permalink)

I have loved KATG for years now. Keith's standup CDs would be better if he fine tuned them so I sort of agree with Joyce. However what he is able to accomplish without any practice speaks volumes for him. His stand IS funny. But he IS funnier on the show. This is Keith's special thing that I haven't heard of anyone else doing. I would place Keith in my top 5 for the funniest people of all time but not in my top 5 for favorite comedians of all time.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Keith's Dad sounds like your typical blinkered religious twat. More concerned with winning the argument (and the soul for bonus points) than listening to other people Fuck that shit.

Daddy's yelling, Mummy's crying, and poor little Keith is stuck in the middle feeling upset about causing all these problems.

Who gives a fuck if they come to the wedding. Harden your heart, drink more, and count the days until they die.

House put it best:
Old 04-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Keith's Dad sounds like your typical blinkered religious twat. More concerned with winning the argument (and the soul for bonus points) than listening to other people Fuck that shit.

Daddy's yelling, Mummy's crying, and poor little Keith is stuck in the middle feeling upset about causing all these problems.

Who gives a fuck if they come to the wedding. Harden your heart, drink more, and count the days until they die.

House put it best:
And I'm a dickhead?
Old 04-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #30 (permalink)

I enjoyed listening to Chemmo fire up to defend precious little Keith's stand-up creds. She's such a wacky Jew.

Jesse (I'm a writer so I say "whatever" a lot when I'm talking about me making racist and rape jokes) had a point about the tatts.

I was thinking about what makes someone a stand-up. Let's say someone is a good cook - are they a chef? Not unless they're getting paid for it on a regular basis (CAVEAT!!!!: I understand you can get chef certifications etc, so STFU). Dunno if one performance a year counts as regular, but over 10 years, albums etc, it's a pretty fucking good case to say you're a stand-up.

Maybe a better way to put it is Keith is a host who also does stand-up.

Ahh fuck it. Who fucking cares. Keith's a funny fucker. If he's standing up when he tells a joke, fucking let him call himself a stand-up.