Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: When someone dies, do they automatically deserve respect for a period of time?
Yes 14 15.05%
No 79 84.95%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree57Likes

Old 04-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sex_n_diamonds View Post
If you want an actual time period - 3 months.

People need time to heal.
We already concluded it's once bodies have been identified. Should have said sooner. We already moved on.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I didn't think about it, but Keith made a good point about the son saying it right next to his dad. At first it felt like he was just being a little shit, but the fact he said it like, "Nigger...[right dad? asshole mean dad? Who says this word all the times?]"

I wonder if Sean Penn was like, "Hey son, of course we hate blacks, but these stupid liberals think I AM a liberal and let's not change that assumption. It might affect if I can buy you another prius.

As an asshole, I always liked asshole Sean Penn...didn't ever think he was a racist asshole though.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #23 (permalink)

You're getting way too much pleasure out of typing that word on the Internet.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Hm. Seems lengthy. Whatever happened to: develop a drug and/ or alcohol addiction, realize life is shit, and simply sucking it up?

I suppose I'm just old-fashioned that way.
Lifeline Australia home 13 11 14 - Suicide Prevention, Crisis Support & Mental Health services - Lifeline | Connect with someone who cares

I hear these guys are hiring. I think you'd be a great fit.

This started out as a joke, but now that I've re-read your post, "many a true word spoken in jest"...
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Nope. Incorrect, sir. However, (and maybe this is the wrong venue to do so) I'm trying to make the point that it is essentially: just a word.

I have a 10 yr old. You would never hear that child say that word in million years. Why? It is not a word I use.

I feel like liberals are terrified of the word. When I listen to Patrice O'Neal discuss how whites are sneaky and use 'N-word' all he hears, (as a black man) is 'Nigger.'

The connotation associated with the word will never go away. I'm not saying it should. I'm saying that white liberals need to realize that the word needs to be disarmed to some degree.

Having a nickname for a terrible word is just dumb. It's 2013.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sex_n_diamonds View Post
I don't think that death grants someone automatic respect. However, we must be respectful of the deceased for the sake of their loved ones. Give it some time before we start to speak ill of the dead again, to allow those that are grieving some time to recoup.
I agree with this whole heartedely and this hits home for me, not because I had anyone close to me die, but because my best friend first lost her niece due to her brother's irresponsible decision to take her on an ATV along with her brother, no helmet (she had just turned 4), he lost control, it flipped and she was thrown from it and killed. I was pissed with him along with several other people but I sure as shit kept it to myself and did not tell my friend that nor her parents. I vented privately to my family in order to be able to be there for my friend. Even when she did not understand why his ex-wife was reacting the way she was, I kept my opinions to myself. Cue 3 months later he dies of an accidental prescription drug overdose. Everyone is devastated and I had my very strong opinions about it, especially since his poor mother found his body. He had made several mistakes along the way and had been an asshole his entire life (except his kids, he was usually pretty good to the kids).

I did not disparage him in front of my friend or online because god damn...that poor family has been through enough, they don't need any more grief or pain.

The unfortunate thing about celebrities families is that they will always have to deal with the media shoving cameras into their faces during every possible moment to get the money shots. People are entitled to their opinion but it would be nice to keep in mind the families who are affected and might not be assholes.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I feel like liberals are terrified of the word. When I listen to Patrice O'Neal discuss how whites are sneaky and use 'N-word' all he hears, (as a black man) is 'Nigger.'
Excellent point Piff. If Those People would get together and make their damn minds up about what we're allowed to say already us liberals could all relax and get back to masturbating to our Sarah Palin* hatefuck fantasies.

* Or Rush Limbaugh. I'm not a homphobe.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #28 (permalink)

Fuck this was a fun show. I stopped at the 50 minute point to catch my breath and give my smiling cheeks a rest when I saw that there was still 50 mins to go! Thanks for all the long shows leading up to your week off.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
and get back to masturbating to our Sarah Palin** hatefuck fantasies.

** Or Rush Limbaugh. I'm not a homphobe.
** Or Dan's description of scantily clad high school Chemda... sans the hatefuck, naturally.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a 10 yr old. You would never hear that child say that word in million years. Why? It is not a word I use.
Agreed that nigger just a word and should not be feared. Unlike actual niggers, who are way more scary than text on a page...

Leaving aside the fact that nature allowed someone like you to reproduce, does your kid only say words from your vocabulary??? I bet the little shit has already heard and said words waaaay worse than nigger already.

It's probably had sex too.