Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Chemda watch Game of Thrones?
Yes 47 47.96%
No 51 52.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree36Likes

Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #41 (permalink)

It was a classic. We got it right in Australia

It was a classic. We got it right in Australia

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myq View Post
And sorry you were tricked for so long... I am indeed the wanker. Or at least past me is/was. Now I'm a victim of his wankerhood just as much as you are. Maybe more!

But thanks for the kind words!
Suq mi dyq
Old 05-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #43 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
And the discussion is about how Muslims are fine. And something about Hitler maybe.
Hmm. Well, look you can easily say that Russia killed far more of it's people than Germany did. What I am saying is that I tire of people bringing up Nazi Germany when we have more immediate problems.

The irony of me now arguing over this is just now seeping in...

Also, let's not be too liberal when it comes to Muslims. I understand there is Islamaphobia in America, but I also understand that religion corrupts everything. Christopher Hitchens himself said it. So let's not pretend Muslims are good just because they're a minority or their skin is of another color. It's racism to not point out that they are just as prone to conformity and stupidity and the by-product of evil that any other religion is or was.

"Hitler had the right idea, he was just an under-achiever" - Bill Hicks
Scumhook likes this.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Hmm. Well, look you can easily say that Russia killed far more of it's people than Germany did. What I am saying is that I tire of people bringing up Nazi Germany when we have more immediate problems.

The irony of me now arguing over this is just now seeping in...

Also, let's not be too liberal when it comes to Muslims. I understand there is Islamaphobia in America, but I also understand that religion corrupts everything. Christopher Hitchens himself said it. So let's not pretend Muslims are good just because they're a minority or their skin is of another color. It's racism to not point out that they are just as prone to conformity and stupidity and the by-product of evil that any other religion is or was.

"Hitler had the right idea, he was just an under-achiever" - Bill Hicks
I am in the mood for an internet fight, and this post seemed like one which I could rip into.

Unfortunately, I agree with it. Completely.

Fuck you squarely in the anus for depriving me of attack fodder.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #45 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Unfortunately, an internet fight on KatG forums is never as cool you'd think. People want to hear about show related stuff and I've learned the hard way that it is never good to go on and on over the same shit here.

That's why God invented youtube. "Where a cunt can be a cunt."

I gotta quit treating this forum like a drunken diary. I'm almost positive that if I write it and think it about 20x it'll seep in. Eventually. Very soon, in fact..
Old 05-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Unfortunately, an internet fight on KatG forums is never as cool you'd think. People want to hear about show related stuff and I've learned the hard way that it is never good to go on and on over the same shit here.

That's why God invented youtube. "Where a cunt can be a cunt."
I disagree.

Fighting on KATGF's is very cool. If I want to get into repeated posts of "faggot" and "U mad?", I'll go to you tube.

Here, at least, you get some good responses and stand a very good chance of being made to eat your words or at least get a good laugh out of the responses.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #47 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
When you say "I also understand that religion corrupts everything," do you mean "I understand that that religion (Islam) corrupts everything" or "I understand that [religion in general] corrupts everything"? Because I certainly believe in the second one...

I just re-heard this quote on the Savage LoveCast that I'll mangle in paraphrasing a bit, but someone smart said something like "With or without religion, there are good people that will do good, and bad people that will do bad, but for good people to do evil, THAT requires religion."

Not any specific religion. There are Christians that blow up abortion clinics, there are Buddhists killing people somewhere, there are Jews fucking shit up in the Middle East, and there are Muslims doing their thing.

It's about extremism. Not about what brand of extremism. Most people aren't extremists, including most Muslims. I'm not getting "too liberal," I'm being scientific. There are between 1.5 and 2 billion Muslims on the planet. The vast majority of them aren't causing any problems (or at least not causing any problems that any people of any faith or non-faith are).

When you said "It's racism to not point out that they are just as prone to conformity and stupidity and the by-product of evil that any other religion is or was," I agree... but that's not what you said initially... I was responding to THIS statement of yours:
Quote:
...the Muslim faith dictates it's followers kill, (as interpreted by the Book of Swords in the Koran) and is totally different than say Judiasm or Christianity...
My point is its NOT totally different. Every religion has its fanatics. And fanaticism is the problem. Every religious book has its crazy shit in it, or people that will interpret it in crazy ways, so it's ALSO racism to say that Muslims are the only people who are susceptible to it, when in fact more than 1.5 billion Muslims are not, same as most Catholics aren't blowing up abortion doctors.
JSZilla likes this.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Not any specific religion. There are Christians that blow up abortion clinics, there are Buddhists killing people somewhere, there are Jews fucking shit up in the Middle East, and there are Muslims doing their thing.

Christians are still mass killing people. They just do it under the auspices of the military industrial complex and "national security." Iraq had no connection to 9/11. After the invasion, Bush called it a "crusade." The result has been trillions of dollars to war profiteers and a million dead Iraqis.

Humans use religion to rationalize the evil they do, but it always boils down to money, land, and tribalism. And there is no group on this planet that is innocent of it.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:

I just re-heard this quote on the Savage LoveCast that I'll mangle in paraphrasing a bit, but someone smart said something like "With or without religion, there are good people that will do good, and bad people that will do bad, but for good people to do evil, THAT requires religion."

Excellent quote. I wish I had time for Dan Savage. I've heard good things about his podcast.

It's a fact that people who experience head trauma are prone towards religion and God. Just look at Gary Busey. The 'fanaticism' is inherent in the faith. Sure, not every believer is killing people, but the ones that do not: condone it. Yes, on some level these theists are predisposed to thinking a fellow believer is better than the non-believer.

Here's a question. If religious dogma like Islam is an old, outdated form of software for the human hardware; why oh why are we continually downloading it when the more relevant operating system of science and current information exist and are known?
Old 05-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #50 (permalink)

Regarding Keith pulling out his notebook in front of people without consideration, I'd like to point out that he pulled it out while being interrogated in an Israeli airport.
Keith likes this.